Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers Wanted - first open source intellectual property system  (Read 4897 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:22:43 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:25:33 PM by vintagetrex

x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x=+=x
:::-:::+:::-:::______        ____  _________    ____       ___           __________   _________   ____   ________ :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|         \      |    |  |    ______|  |      \     |     \         |     ______| |    ______|  |     | |    _____| :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|     |\   \    |    |  |    |_____    |        \   |       \       |    |_____    |   |______   |    |  |   |_____  :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|     |  \   \  |    |  |     _____|   |    |\   \  |   |\   \     |     _____|   |______    |  |    |  |______   | :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|     |    \   \|    |  |    |______  |    |  \   \|   |  \   \   |    |______    ______|   |  |    |   ______|  | :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|___|      \_____|  |_________| |___|   \____|    \__\ |_________|  |_________| |___| |________| :::-:::+:::-:::

I am looking for developers to help construct the first ever open source intellectual property system called Nemesis.  The system will compete directly with the USPTO the same way Bitcoin competes with the Federal Reserve.  We are trying to make a cryptographic ledger that amasses information for the public by the public.  Shares of the ledger will be traded publicly.  

This project would be able to reuse some of Bitcoin's source code, but would require novel coding for a cryptographic proof of storage network.  Some new breakthroughs have made single hash verification of proof of storage feasible, allowing this concept to come to life.  

All developers will be compensated for their creation of intellectual property by transacting their work for cryptographic currency specific to their submissions.  The ledger will host any submitted web content such as: memes, general entertainment, music, movies, published trade secrets, and inventions.  

<https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252564.0>

// Getting Familiar with the Concept //

Nemesis is an encryption based proposal for a cipher space hosting corporation backed by the inherent value of useful information (inventions, software, movies, music)

- a new claim specific currency is generated for each data submission, a portion of this currency is transacted to the submitter's wallet, the rest is transacted to public wallet, where it is paid out over time to the proof of storage miners, storing the submitted information

- each data submission is timestamped to prevent forgery (information can be copied but the date cannot be reproduced)

- each submission (claim) can be linked to (cite) a number of previous submissions

- Nemesis has a user interface with two types of advertising space: the first is advertising in a common area, the second is advertising in an information specific area

- advertisers compete for advertising space with bids of the respective currency to the respective wallet with 0 hour contracts, the highest bidder wins

- claim specific currency can be transacted for general use currency at the market price (these are effectively two types of stock: A and B)

- claims (data submissions, new software) can be voted on to elect new source code

// Publicly Verifiable Proof of Storage //

Inputs X and Y are hashed together to produce a digest

Input X can be a message M or an encryption of message M;         K1(M) =  C1

Input Y is the randomly generated challenge string

The proof is when the hash of X and Y produce a digest with an output of zeroes I.E. 00000000000

A storer must find an input Y that satisfies a digest requirement of a string of zeroes I.E. 0000000000 by randomly generating numbers to use as input Y.  

The proof of storage is a proof of work on information.  The information must be stored to perform work with it.  The storage of the information can be easily proved by checking that the requirement of a string of zeroes was satisfied.  

This proves the storage of information over a period of work rather than over a period of time. 

If you don't have skills in mathematics, logic, or computer code you can still contribute by submitting valuable information to Nemesis once the project has started.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:01:03 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 04:33:56 PM by vintagetrex

Helpful Skills

-cryptography
-distributed algorithm implementation
-various coding languages: C++, java, ruby, perl etc.
-mathematics
-logic
-creativity

Is this project right for you?

-the ideal developer would have a strong motivation for driving social change
-this project has the ability to massively affect the climate of innovation for the entire world
-Nemesis development has a long term payoff structure; if you mine early or hold onto your coins for submissions, you can potentially cash out huge
-a good developer will bring one's own ideas and stick up for what one believes in
-have the ability to think abstractly
-allegiance to the open source movement and the belief that innovators should be adequately compensated for their contributions to society

PM me if you are interested or...
if you wish to remain anonymous while helping, create an email: Nemesis0xx@hushmail.com and send an email to Nemesis000@hushmail.com  (works with TOR)
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:42:29 PM

:::-:::+:::-:::______        ____  _________    ____       ___           __________   _________   ____   ________ :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|         \      |    |  |    ______|  |      \     |     \         |     ______| |    ______|  |     | |    _____| :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|     |\   \    |    |  |    |_____    |        \   |       \       |    |_____    |   |______   |    |  |   |_____  :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|     |  \   \  |    |  |     _____|   |    |\   \  |   |\   \     |     _____|   |______    |  |    |  |______   | :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|     |    \   \|    |  |    |______  |    |  \   \|   |  \   \   |    |______    ______|   |  |    |   ______|  | :::-:::+:::-:::
:::-:::+:::-:::|___|      \_____|  |_________| |___|   \____|    \__\ |_________|  |_________| |___| |________| :::-:::+:::-:::

Where can I buy a put option on this nonsense?

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:56:30 PM

long term payoff structure

Heh.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:25:08 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 01:13:31 AM by vintagetrex

long term payoff structure

Heh.

Here's my problem with the traditional bounty structure: it opens the door for an unbalanced range and non-optimal strategy.  They can be wasteful.  The person hosting the bounty could be wrong.  The person hosting the bounty isn't a clairvoyant and therefore cannot read the mind of "the free market."  If I offered you a $100 bounty to contemplate your navel, you might do it, but that would be a tremendous waste of society's resources.  

I'm not here to pay people to follow me.  I make ideas knowing that people will follow them if they are good.  I will only make positive expected value decisions, and I hope you will do the same.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:28:18 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 01:11:50 AM by vintagetrex

Where can I buy a put option on this nonsense?

Congrats! you just did.  Good luck!

If thats not enough for you I will personally sell you one once we get started but the minimum term length will be 2 years and you have to prove a bankroll of $1000 per option (more if we decide to have a maximum # of shares outstanding less than 21 million)
TKeenan

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:14:46 AM

Fair warning: people who have bet against me in life haven't done so well
Thanks for the warning!  I appreciate that.  However, I'd like to put $50,000 against you right now.  Too bad there is no payout mechanism for this bet.  I'd love this easy action.  Your concept is world class bonehead. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:07:08 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 04:21:43 AM by vintagetrex

Fair warning: people who have bet against me in life haven't done so well
Thanks for the warning!  I appreciate that.  However, I'd like to put $50,000 against you right now.  Too bad there is no payout mechanism for this bet.  I'd love this easy action.  Your concept is world class bonehead.  

You must not be able to read.  You can buy a put ONCE IT IS STARTED.  Other than that, go away jealous troll.  Thanks for the free bump but I don't appreciate your misinformation.  Your aggression is simply a defense mechanism because you are afraid of change.  

Also, is it even possible to short sell something with a price of zero?  It can't exactly go down in value.  You don't seem so investment savvy.  

Just checked your recent comments.  "Gotta be all in or nothing."  Ya you have no clue what you are talking about and don't even know what balance is.  Have fun losing a ton in mastercoin, it brings nothing new to the M1 that is Bitcoin.  You should still be reading textbooks.   Who uses the term "action" anyways?  Good luck to ya river boat gambler.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:28:55 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:26:48 PM by vintagetrex

If you think combining Bitcoin with Napster is stupid then you don't have a brain.  
TKeenan

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:10:42 AM

-this project has the ability to massively affect the climate of innovation for the entire world
this project was designed by a moron who knows nothing of intellectual property.  Wishing me bad luck with Mastercoin?  Funny - it's over 100X (from $ in)!  Doesn't feel like much bad luck yet.  Hang on - I think I'll be a millionaire in a few more days.  I love river boat gambling. 

I just wish there was a way to bet against your dumb project!!!  I could double my million!!  lol

Jumpy

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:47:36 AM

Since I know a thing or two about Intellectual Property, I wrote a blog post about this idea. I work through some of the flaws but be sure to check out the counterproposal at the bottom of the page before storming off.

http://bitcoinbabble.com/?p=170

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
Jumpy

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:07:07 AM

Since I know a thing or two about Intellectual Property, I wrote a blog post about this idea. I work through some of the flaws but be sure to check out the counterproposal at the bottom of the page before storming off.

You call it intellectual property but you are discussing patents.  Trademarks are about use in commerce, not about disclosing anything that was previously secret.  You also call it a "social contract" and I don't know what that means or where you got that.  IP rights are conveyed by law.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=574141

You can start there, but in the legal field this is widely accepted as the basis for all IP systems.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:43:14 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 05:23:15 PM by vintagetrex

Yes, I am clearly not offering patents.  My use of "intellectual property" is pretty liberal and I am attempting to CHANGE THE MEANING by offering a system that competes with the social function of the USPTO.  Nemesis will not be granting government monopolies or exclusive rights.  That much should be obvious.  

Believe it or not, I have plenty of experience with the USPTO, venture capital, etc.  What you need to ask yourself is "do you have experience with the USPTO from an inventor's perspective?"  Thats the perspective I have.  

Allow me to change the name back to a more accurate description: Nemesis the open source intellectual property exploit
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:45:27 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 02:57:38 PM by vintagetrex

I can't see your page.  I am interested in reading it.  It requires me to put in a password and when I try to connect as a guest it says the page no longer exists.  Did you take it down?

I found your blog post through google and read your article.  Please fix your link in this thread.  

However, you aren't thinking outside the box.  What you propose as problems are just your inability to think of a different way.  I have several inventions filed for patent with the USPTO.  You fail to recognize the severe failures in the USPTO and how the theory you state doesn't work in practice.

Then, you go on to make a counterproposal that isn't anything different from what I am proposing.  

"Basically, each contribution to the innovation would be immediately published to the community (and public) through the blockchain to prevent any possible claim of novelty in a patent. It would incrementally make the invention unpatentable while also providing updated research equally to all parties to increase the speed of invention."

Is that not what I just proposed?

You fail to recognize how the sale of advertising rights in a specific currency will create demand for that currency. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:00:47 PM

here's a link to my other page:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252564.60

TKeenan

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:15:20 PM

I can't see your page.  I am interested in reading it.  It requires me to put in a password  
It is protected by patents.  

Oh god, why can't I bet against this guy!!!?  Free money.  Didn't you ever read 'the catcher in the rye' - you are talking about a social need which doesn't exist.  We don't need a catcher in the rye because kids don't run in rye fields and fall off cliffs.  That only exists in the Calfield's mind.  Same here buddy.  Because you are a sad jilted inventor who doesn't understand the USPTO - you've imagined a solution which in nonsense.  The problem you purport to solve only exists in your distorted view of the patent office from your very unique view 'as an inventor'.  lol

Boy, oh boy, I wish I could pay everything I've got in a bet that this nonsense will be VERY DEAD in less than two weeks.  

Go work on something else.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:24:36 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 05:00:15 PM by vintagetrex

I can't see your page.  I am interested in reading it.  It requires me to put in a password  
It is protected by patents.  

Oh god, why can't I bet against this guy!!!?  

I told you already that I will sell you options with a 2 year minimum contract (once the project is released publicly and mining has begun) as long as you prove a bankroll of $1000 per option, assuming a maximum of 21 million Nemesis shares outstanding.  

You don't know anything about variance do you?  Its the reason morons like you may have actually made money.  Any idiot can get lucky. 

Your claim about my "unique perspective as an inventor" is one worth noting.  In the past, inventor's rights have been trampled because frankly the middle class and corporate elite didn't give a damn. There weren't enough inventors to win a democratic election for inventor's rights, so they got shit on.  That is going to change.  Feel free to go down with the ship.  
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:37:22 PM

Of course to create a decentralized registration for patents, music and other intellectual properties is a very good idea but why do you want do invent the wheel again ?
Namecoin can already do it.
You just need to define a new Namecoin namespace for music/ or patents/ and the corresponding entries with hashes.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
mintmoney

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:41:49 PM

Yes, I am clearly not offering patents.  My use of "intellectual property" is pretty liberal and I am attempting to CHANGE THE MEANING by offering a system that competes with the social function of the USPTO.  Nemesis will not be granting government monopolies or exclusive rights.  That much should be obvious.  

Believe it or not, I have plenty of experience with the USPTO, venture capital, etc.  I have enough experience with the USPTO.  What you need to ask yourself is "do you have experience with the USPTO from an inventor's perspective?"  Thats the perspective I have.  

Allow me to change the name back to a more accurate description: Nemesis the open source intellectual property exploit

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43027850.jpg

-Minty
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:49:55 PM

Of course to create a decentralized registration for patents, music and other intellectual properties is a very good idea but why do you want do invent the wheel again ?
Namecoin can already do it.
You just need to define a new Namecoin namespace for music/ or patents/ and the corresponding entries with hashes.

Its not a registration for patents or copyrights.  You get coins specific to your submission, and those coins are required for advertising bids in certain advertising spaces.  

I do not want to reinvent the wheel.  What exactly is similar about namecoin?  If there is code that can be reused I am all for that.  

I'm pretty sure Nemesis is different because it uses multiple types of coins in a unified system. 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: