Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinabul owe me 1,644.53 bitcoins  (Read 957 times)
yankarman (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:59:41 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 12:52:01 AM by yankarman

public letter of apology issued to Coinabul, see my other post.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:02:39 PM

You need to be aware that:
1) you are not the only one who got scammed by this company.
2) you will never see your money back.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:05:13 PM

I've three orders since June 22 of this year on hold. I've tried contacting the company several times without success. They just requested a copy of drivers license and social security number. I would have provided them with such details 4 months ago, but not now. How can I trust a company that has been scamming people with such details? I've requested a refund and they have been ignoring my emails.
I need help locating the person behind Coinabul, not the shell scamming company in Wyoming. I am in the process of discussing a lawsuit with my lawyer.

If you can help me recover my coins, then I will give you 25%.

Please help me with any info you have. Those scammers are my making life a living hell.
Im willing to help you for in return for the bounty, if you commit it.
Here is his profile to start with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=42204
Sending you PM with more details

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
yankarman (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:05:46 PM

I think I have a good case for the court. They are located in the US, and should be able to sue them for damages.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:06:08 PM

He is inactive, and if you check the scam accusation forum, you will see much more people complaining about it

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:20:40 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 11:24:56 PM by Gator-hex

In the terms of service.. (https://coinabul.com/index.php/terms-of-service)

AML procedures

By using our services, you agree that you will not engage in any illegal activities, including but not limited to money laundering. Coinabul follows all applicable reporting laws mandated by the United States government and other governmental or regulatory bodies in relation to currency transactions. This means that transactions over $10,000 in Bitcoin value will require the submission of an IRS 8300 form which requires verification of your identity via government-issued identification card along with your tax identification number. Coinabul may also ask you for identification to satisfy our anti-money laundering (AML) requirements depending on your particular circumstances: this is for your safety as well as ours. Under our AML policies, Coinabul will not ship to anyone other than you at your permanent address; this means we cannot ship to PO boxes or mail forwarding services. Please be aware that if you are unable for any reason to satisfy the requirements of our AML policies we will be unable to process your order.

I don't think a lawyer will help as every money changer has to comply with IRS and AML laws these days.
If you truly believe it's a scam contact the FBI as they deal with Mail & Wire Fraud.

yankarman (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:26:22 PM

I would have provided them with such details 4 months ago, but not now.

AML procedures

By using our services, you agree that you will not engage in any illegal activities, including but not limited to money laundering. Coinabul follows all applicable reporting laws mandated by the United States government and other governmental or regulatory bodies in relation to currency transactions. This means that transactions over $10,000 in Bitcoin value will require the submission of an IRS 8300 form which requires verification of your identity via government-issued identification card along with your tax identification number. Coinabul may also ask you for identification to satisfy our anti-money laundering (AML) requirements depending on your particular circumstances: this is for your safety as well as ours. Under our AML policies, Coinabul will not ship to anyone other than you at your permanent address; this means we cannot ship to PO boxes or mail forwarding services. Please be aware that if you are unable for any reason to satisfy the requirements of our AML policies we will be unable to process your order.

If you truly believe it's a scam contact the FBI they deal with Mail & Wire Fraud.

Yes, what you posted is accurate, However:

"SSA Publication No. 05-10064", July 1997

"If a business or other enterprise asks for your Social Security number, you can refuse to give it to them. They may have another method of keeping their records. However, this may mean doing without the benefit or service for which your number was requested. Giving your Social Security number is voluntary, even when you are asked for the number directly."

Per (Coinabul) TOS:

AML procedures

"...Please be aware that if you are unable for any reason to satisfy the requirements of our AML policies we will be unable to process your order.."

Conditions of Use

"...If an order cannot be filled by Coinabul we will either: provide a substitute product of your choice of equivalent value, or provide a refund..."
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:55:49 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 11:23:27 PM by Gator-hex

SSA Publication No. 05-10064, July 1997 does not help you in this case because it is required by law..

" You aren't legally required to provide your SSN to a businesses unless one of the following is true:

• You'll be engaging in a transaction that requires notification to the Internal Revenue Service; or

• You're initiating a financial transaction subject to federal Customer Identification Program rules."

http://www.identityhawk.com/Who-Can-Lawfully-Request-My-Social-Security-Number

yankarman (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:18:58 PM

I would have provided them with such details 4 months ago, but not now.

AML procedures

If you truly believe it's a scam contact the FBI they deal with Mail & Wire Fraud.

Yes, what you posted is accurate, However:

"SSA Publication No. 05-10064", July 1997

"If a business or other enterprise asks for your Social Security number, you can refuse to give it to them. They may have another method of keeping their records. However, this may mean doing without the benefit or service for which your number was requested. Giving your Social Security number is voluntary, even when you are asked for the number directly."

Per (Coinabul) TOS:

AML procedures

"...Please be aware that if you are unable for any reason to satisfy the requirements of our AML policies we will be unable to process your order.."

Conditions of Use

"...If an order cannot be filled by Coinabul we will either: provide a substitute product of your choice of equivalent value, or provide a refund..."

SSA Publication No. 05-10064, July 1997 in not relevant to this case because it is required by law..

" You aren't legally required to provide your SSN to a businesses unless one of the following is true:

• You'll be engaging in a transaction that requires notification to the Internal Revenue Service; or

• You're initiating a financial transaction subject to federal Customer Identification Program rules."

http://www.identityhawk.com/Who-Can-Lawfully-Request-My-Social-Security-Number

I am aware of this, but once again, they must request this information prior to completing the transaction. They hold my coins hostage for 4 months and three weeks ago ask for this info? In any case, I am not going to give a business with a reputation such as Coinabul my info.

This is why I am asking for an address to serve the lawsuit. They will use this a delaying tactic and hold on to my coins for much longer.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 10:23:34 PM

I have an even better question for you. Why the heck did you spend that much money on bitcoins?
Currently, that's more than $700,000 SUD average price, when you bought it, it was probably almost $200,000.
My question to you is why spend that much all on one website?
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:44:15 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2013, 11:22:33 PM by Gator-hex

Did they know before hand you were going to send such a large transaction? They cannot move the money after you sent it due to above two laws, even if they wanted to return it to you, they can't or they'd end up in prison for money laundering.

yankarman (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:47:16 PM

I have an even better question for you. Why the heck did you spend that much money on bitcoins?
Currently, that's more than $700,000 SUD average price, when you bought it, it was probably almost $200,000.

Gold was low at the time. I could have made 40k+ within a month on the gold. I wish I had kept the coins.

To the other post, no that is not true. I have been in a similar situation dealing with cash. Even then, how can I trust them?
Gator-hex

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:00:32 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 02:29:42 AM by Gator-hex

If you go in with cash, the gold dealer can refuse to trade with you face to face, that's different because the money never changed hands.
If a large amount of money changed hands he would still have to do the same ID checks and paperwork or face money laundering charges.

You can sue for consequential damages if someones failure to complete a contract causes you subsequent loss, but in this case they'll probably use the defense that you didn't supply enough ID. You'd have to prove they were negligent.

They do a good job of hiding their address http://www.bizapedia.com/wy/COINABUL-LLC.html looks like a shell company, see this news story about this address http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/28/us-usa-shell-companies-idUSTRE75R20Z20110628. Just might be a scam after all?  Huh Damn!

CaribbeanBitcoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:45:23 AM

If you taking out more than $10,000 from a bank they can ask you to fill out the IRS form, man.

Best just fill it out and be done with it, brotha.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: