Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:21:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: BTC-E Not releasing my USD Deposit  (Read 6713 times)
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:59:43 AM

Any updates meelos?

Sounds like you need to get an attorney to draft a formal request letter and mail and fax it to them ASAP.
meelos (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:11:33 AM

Nothing yet.

Yeah looks that way. Just awaiting all the paperwork from my bank. Sad
l.j2300

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:24:37 AM

I hope you get everything back meelos. It may be a long process with the lawyers but it is of course worth it. I really want to see a response from BTC-E's staff regarding this situation. Although in my situation they did end up resolving it, but it took a very long time (especially dealing with their support). I will most likely not be using them again (to deposit USD in) after hearing this story. Meelos, try sending the message on their official thread on this forum, here is the link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.0

I am sure you are aware of this thread already but when I sent a message on their to the btc-e member of the forum, they replied back and I am not sure if it was just a coincidence but they responded to my ticket as well and shortly after, fixed my problem. Keep trying all your options until your lawyer/bank gets back to you.
Mattzees

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:08:40 PM

BTC-e is now restricting access to chat (the trollbox), which is where I would have gone to ask if anyone else is having problems with deposit/withdrawal.  The restriction is simply that you must have a minimum of $10 USD in your account, but it's still a restriction.  Just FYI.
qiuness

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:27:15 PM

i also have a friend who has 8000$ stuck for 7 days now
rulfito

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:43:02 PM

They are just using OKpay bank info for deposits pretty sure, "Mayzeus" is a partner of Okpay and handles their transactions. Both will hold large transactions from 3rd party for all sorts of verification and can take a while but doesn't help if you just get no engrish one word answers

Similar thing happened to me.

Send 10k USD to Okpay. My account was already verified and had sent them a wire before. They switched banks right after I sent. Support told me that the wire would "bounce" and automatically be returned after 30 days. Haven't asked my bank to initiate a trace yet as they they seem reputable enough.
johncclarke

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:04:27 PM

Has anyone had any luck yet? I've been waiting since 14 November for a USD wire transfer and I'm not getting any response from their support about it
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:32:48 AM

Hello! I am posting for someone else!

---------------------------------------------
btc-e's wire deposit does say this now:
"We don't accept international wire transfers from US Citizens or from US Banks

All transfers from US Citizens or US Bank will be refused by bank"

I don't remember seeing this until today.  It's probably been added recently due to issues from US customers and such a high demand with current prices.  Sorry to hear about your situation.

Thanks!

-Jeremiah

johncclarke

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:30:50 AM

I don't remember seeing this until today.  It's probably been added recently due to issues from US customers and such a high demand with current prices.  Sorry to hear about your situation.

Thanks!

-Jeremiah

I just checked btc-e.com and can confirm that message is now displayed at the bottom when you pick "International Wire Transfer" from the dropdown. Ok, so I guess I've got a couple of questions for them:

1) I am not a US citizen and did not use a US bank, however I did transfer the money as USD. Is that still a problem?
2) If it is, how the fuck do I get my money back?
meelos (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:35:12 AM

johncclarke. I'm in the same situation. And yes, if the funds are sent by USD then there will be a mediating bank in the US forwarding the funds.

I'm gonna call my bank again today, see what the situation is. I'm based in the UK and at some point I'll be taking legal action. Sent another support ticket in Russian this week and they just closed it again.

I'll keep everyone posted.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:19:37 PM

It seems they want to avoid having to deal with the headaches associated with taking US dollars from US citizens (FINCen, FACTA, etc.).

Seems the options for US citizens gets smaller everyday thanks to US govt overregulation... at this point Coinbase is crap and there are maybe a handful of other exchanges I would trust.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:30:01 AM

Thanks!

-Jeremiah

I just checked btc-e.com and can confirm that message is now displayed at the bottom when you pick "International Wire Transfer" from the dropdown. Ok, so I guess I've got a couple of questions for them:

1) I am not a US citizen and did not use a US bank, however I did transfer the money as USD. Is that still a problem?
2) If it is, how the fuck do I get my money back?

If you have any questions, PM "jerm007". Thanks! Smiley

meelos (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:52:23 AM

OK, My deposit was credited today. Only took 50 days and God knows how much lost in potential gains... But I'm just grateful to have my money back.
... Now how to get it back out.... Hmmm.

What seemed to work for me was to open up 2 tickets at btce, 1 in Russian and 1 in English.
When they close a ticket, don't just re-open it. Make sure you reply. I think the system will simply close it again automatically if you don't add an actual reply.

Then post in the official btce thread here. Make sure you post in both russian and english and quote your ticket numbers like this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.msg3807394#msg3807394

I'll keep everyone posted on the withdrawal procedure.
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:39:36 PM

Recently, we started to receive  claims because of the long-time credit of funds transferred by SEPA / WireTransfer. The main problem is that some of our clients have a negligent attitude to the control of the field Details of Payment. As the result it takes an additional time to find your money. Please, make sure, that  the information Details of Payment is always present in the document of transfer, do not shorten it, don not  use your account username.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
ginbank

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:52:34 PM

I also sent a wire transfer in USD currency to btc-e and it was credited to my btc-e account quickly. I made sure to put the right reference in the wire transfer field.
The USD did not come from a US bank and I am not a US citizen.
My USD were credited on Nov 20 2013 to btc-e, however a 30 day money HOLD appeared, preventing me from making any kind of withdrawals.
I could trade, buy and sell BTC, LTC etc .. but I could not get anything back out of btc-e.

As per their instructions I opened a support ticket right away on Nov 21 2013, with my btc-e username in the subject field and with photo ID and utility bill as requested.
After two days the ticket was closed without reply.
I re-opened the ticket and wrote a reply.

I received a reply on Nov 23 that the HOLD would be removed soon & to be patient.

Then I received another reply askign who the sender of my transfer is, also on Nov 23.

I replied with all the details about the wires, FT wire reference number, senders details.

Since then I have no received any replies to the ticket, and it was closed several times, I re-opened it every time.

No news, the money HOLD is still in effect.

I don't know what would happen if I sent BTC to the account, would the HOLD also apply to those?
What would happen if my HOLD gets removed and then I send more USD or EUR to my account, will I get another HOLD for all my funds?

At this stage I can not risk sending more money to btc-e.

ginbank

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:57:56 PM

bad news about btc-e: http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-exchange-banking-issues/
petemoss

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:26:04 PM

Meelos, good to hear your deposit issues were finally fixed. I see that others are also getting their deposit and withdrawal taken care of, albeit after
long delays. I'm also waiting for a "money hold" on my bitcoins to be lifted, hopefully by the end of the week. I think many traders on this forum have
been too quick to brand btc-e as scammers. I chose to buy on btc-e because of its size and lower btc prices. In my last buy, I saved over 13K compared
with bitstamp and to me, it was well worth the risk.
ginbank

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:23:09 PM

Now something really strange happened:

Instead of the "money HOLD" that btc-e promised to remove, I can see the red message "Denied for your account. Contact support."  when I try to go to the withdrawal section, no matter what I select BTC, LTC, USD ..

Has anyone seen this before?

Are they for real, contact support? I contacted support with all my documents right after sending the USD to them.

AndrewWilliams

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:39:17 PM

Too bad BTC-E not accepting US deposits now ...  Cry
ChessWhiz

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:44:54 PM

Sent another support ticket in Russian this week and they just closed it again.
This alone should be a sign to stay away. I've been hearing about more and more issues with BTC-E recently. You can't be too careful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: