Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not every blockchain project has a good future  (Read 2235 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1456

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:11:36 AM

Hi,

I see a lot of great projects..
But also a lot of project which I don’t like.

Here is why
Not every project needs blockchain. Or not every blockchain project will survive.
In a project you need also a good businessplan and marketing.

Example
I saw Friendz which is a social media project. Nice plan but don’t think it will replace Facebook because
it is in blockchain. You need a lot more.. A LOT MORE to best orher companies with a centralized system.

Be carefull and good luck with your investment

We already know that apart from the newbies. But do you know any project that has a chance to be successful? I reckon you don't, the same as me.

In any case, I would like to see the list of the projects that you think will be successful just to see if you heed your own advice. Thank you.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2155

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 01:14:09 AM

True, a lot of projects now smell like soft scam,
I mean their business model still can run without token, or in other words token doesn't add value.
Wiseman said in order to beat existing company you will need to do 10x or 100x better.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Gwyn

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:50:35 PM

True, a lot of projects now smell like soft scam,
I mean their business model still can run without token, or in other words token doesn't add value.
Wiseman said in order to beat existing company you will need to do 10x or 100x better.
This is correct, even if it has great potential, ico has been successfully held, and there will be various problems after the project enters the implementation stage.
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:50:16 PM

Yes, you are right. Sometimes developers are so much more optimistic than they really are. I, as an investor, remain at a loss, exactly how they will compete with large business sharks. Of course, we can assume that any project occupies a certain place in the economic niche. But will it be so profitable to justify these investments that go to ICO? This is the main question.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:54:34 PM

To be honest the decentralised project doesnt need to prove themselves in front of the centralised one as it is completely different thing. I mean the working nature for both of them is different and they works on their own principle. The user base completely different and you can not beat the crypto market itself as you can both social here and earn some extra bucks too. Just keep in mind that comparison comes in when two projects are having the same level of development. I know many projects which are in competition with the social platform like Facebook. The name is Sociall, a decentralised platform and worth than Facebook considering Facebooks recent acts!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:55:32 PM

That's why I prefer to invest in blockchain platforms. Here you need blockchain for sure, level of hype is usually much higher and success investments more often than fail.
midorichain

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:57:41 PM

The reason may be not only in the unpreparedness of the team or ignorance of the process, but the fact that it is more profitable for them to collect money on pre/main sales and leave  Cheesy

temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:00:59 PM

It is as if some projects developers do not know the exact meaning and significance of blockchain technology. All they want is profit, where most are created for selfish interests. One thing i know is that, if there is any project, that does not put its value into consideration, may not really go far, which means that it might fade away soon.
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:05:55 PM

Most projects need not deploy their projects on blockchain. They can be accessed off chain and because  everyone wants a funding and easy money, today every project not only launches on a blockchain but also has their own utility tokens. These services can still be paid for with either ETH or Bitcoin.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:06:01 PM

The reason may be not only in the unpreparedness of the team or ignorance of the process, but the fact that it is more profitable for them to collect money on pre/main sales and leave  Cheesy

you mean to say they already planned it to scam people? yes some ico does but not all because there is still few of them that are legit and does their job verry well. Some are dedicated to their project and wont get tempted to runaway the collected funds allocated for the project itself. not all projects on the blockhain has a good future because some of them are poorly built or lacking of budget in order to support their developments but i think if many people do give their support for those project, i dont think they'll failed at the end.
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:11:19 PM

Hi,

Here is why
Not every project needs blockchain. Or not every blockchain project will survive.

Example
I saw Friendz which is a social media project. Nice plan but don’t think it will replace Facebook because
it is in blockchain. You need a lot more.. A LOT MORE to best orher companies with a centralized system.

that's right. there are so many projects right now, so it's difficult for them to differ one from another. and it's getting harder and harder every day for nice and worthy projects to clean their way to success.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:11:55 PM

Your statement is totally true, personally I don't like projects that have nothing to do with blockchain, but are just in the space to use the blockchain hype to raise fund for their project, I think this is what Friendz and some of these projects are doing, Facebook as the strong hold of the social media platform and will take something great to displace them from that top
patriot_rf

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 08:14:56 PM

I support the author, in places it seems that it is just some misfortune to push a blockchain to all spheres of life, even there where he is really displaced and isn't necessary. My example where the decentralized management with the help a blockchain was described as something new it is Uservice, under repair cars the blockchain isn't necessary.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:20:28 PM

I quietly agree with you and when you look around the forum you will see that out of many ICO which is listed only few are really worth and really need the technology. when you read many of this project whitepaper you will realize some of them dont need blockchain technology because they have not convincingly explain what exactly they want to use it for. all you see them saying is that they want to reduce transaction cost and transparent data processing and storage.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:47:12 PM

Hi,

Here is why

Example

More like most of the ICO project will die since they are made just to earn a quick buck.
And not every project needs a blockchain but ICO is a good way to rise money which would be very difficult otherwise.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:47:55 PM

~snip~

Not sure if social platforms need blockchain or not, but which I feel needed is PRIVACY.

Facebook, Twitter & Google doesn't give us any privacy.
If you flirt with a girl even if you have a wife - they know everything. Even if you fart, they know about it as well.

They take access and keep records to your contact list, media and many other things which we may not know. WHERE IS OUR PRIVACY?

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:39:54 PM

This is the wild west of projects popping in on a daily basis and the possibility to make or pool money with a small amount of advertisement will encourage more people to come up with ideas that will attract people and most of them are not even having plans to complete the project after pooling in the money and these practices should be stopped and we need to regulate these new projects.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:30:13 AM

Before a good business plan and marketing strategy is achieved, there should be a good team behind it first. A great set of people with enough experience and skills will allow the project's smooth sailing. Also, from great people, great ideas will be produced as well.

It is important to check, not only the project's white paper, so on and so forth. Check the team behind it. If they have handled successful projects in the past, then you can consider investing on their new project.

LamentConfiguration

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:35:59 AM

Hi,

Here is why

Example

Agreed. There actually has to be a purpose of blockchain use otherwise project will fizzle out.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 12:43:38 AM

of course.The reality of the matter is that for now decentralized systems cant beat centralized systems given the fact that majority of people are more into and are used to centralized systems and also the fact that these centralized systems spend a  ton of money to market and beat their competitions.Probably in the near future there will be a shift to decentralized systems.Most of these blockchain projects are rushed and then they realize there alot of hurdles to cross then they get stuck.For example we cant expect most of these projects to beat banks in competition for now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: