Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-04-18] Bitcoiner Runs for Mayor of Taiwan’s Capital  (Read 114 times)
limek (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:03:17 AM

Hacker. Educator. Successful businesswoman. Yi-Ting Cheng, better known as Xdite, shocked the broader cryptocurrency world when she announced her campaign for Mayor of Taipei City, the capital of Taiwan. The native of China is taking a big risk by offering herself up for political leadership, but, then again, as her exclusive interview with Humans of Bitcoin examines, she’s all about challenging herself.

Xdite Runs for Mayor of Taipei City

In a recent Facebook post, Xdite explains, “Most politicians [in Taipei City] have very little understanding of technology. So it’s really hard to make things happen by pushing them.” For this and many other reasons, she’s decided to throw her hat in the ring to help bring the capital city she loves of nearly 3 million people a young and forward-looking government.

“I am not losing my mind,” she assures admirers, “I am running for mayor for one reason: to make Taipei great again. Let’s make Taipei the pioneer blockchain city in Asia. Taipei has great potential to be a blockchain city. It is near Japan, Korea, and China. It is regulation friendly. Blockchain is all about a financial revolution. Taipei has the environment to make it happen.”

Read more: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoiner-runs-for-mayor-of-taiwans-capital/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:51:41 AM

I am really hoping that she can win this political battle and hope that many voters can be rallying in support of her mayoral candidacy. It is indeed true that many traditional politicians have a hard time fully understanding the many innovations and changes that cryptocurrency is now bringing and so they fail to fully take advantage of the many available benefits that cryptocurrency can give to a country or a specific location. The message is now ripe to be brought to the attention of the people or the voters...even if she will not win eventually the message here is the most important thing.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:23:41 AM

If she is really looking for a change in their country's views about cryptocurrency then she must run for a senate position instead where she can focus on policy/law making in the country. The best thing she can do as mayor is only to improve the position of crypto within her city (if she won). Not unless this is her strategy on crawling her way up to a senatorial position this move won't have a considerable effect on the country.

Also is the situation of cryptocurrecy in Taiwan really that bad? Last time my friend visited Guanghua Digital Plaza in Taipei he said that they are accepting major credit cards and some shops also accept cryptocurrencies. So looking at it, it is looking like a propaganda for her part and I don't think it is looking good for her. So if her campaign is focused on "blockchain technology" I don't think it would sway votes on her side as the citizens of Taipei may look for other candidates instead.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:22:22 PM

She is just riding the popularity of crypto and her chance of winning shoots exponentially if her pitch will be all about crypto and blockchain. Taiwan is crypto friendly as far as a I know and her winning the mayoral position will bring positive impact to the ever growing crypto community in the country.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x