Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update - Coinbase misleads customers and abuses TOS for personal gains  (Read 1003 times)
csun (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:27:57 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 07:02:18 PM by csun

As of today, between me and my wife's accounts, we have had one successful buy order out of three. Reading through these forums, the impression is that Coinbase is still willing to review these transactions manually and push them through.

First Issue
My experience thus far has been that Coinbase is unwilling to try to resolve these mistakenly cancelled orders. My responses from support have been mostly the generic "we are sorry" response or been ignored completely.

Finally, my last round of interaction with support went along these lines:
1. I sent an email asking for the transaction to be reviewed.
2. I waited 8 days and did not get a response.
3. I sent a notice that I would wait 4 more days before attempting to resolve this through a third party.
4. Two days later I get a response along the lines of "this is the TOS and we can do whatever we want with the transaction".

This back and froth between me and support happened over a span of 3 weeks. I have been patient. I gave 5 business days between expecting responses. The strongest worded email had the word "demand" and a few capitalized words to express frustration and even then I apologized for the tone of the email. I never swore or wrote anything derogatory to your support team. Yet, it seems like Coinbase had absolutely no interest with resolving the transaction.

Second Issue
My wife placed a second order with Coinbase a week ago. Her order was cancelled today well after the promised delivery time of the BTC. I will reserve my judgement on this issue for now since it just happened today and we've just begun the process of contacting support. However, this is extremely odd as she had already made a successful buy and successful sell order and it has been 30 days since.

Perhaps I have been going about this the wrong way since it seems people who post in this section openly have better luck having their transaction resolved.

Olaf,

I have sent you a PM about my transaction and again I am reserving judgement at this point to see what happens with the order my wife placed. I can give you those transaction details as well if you have any interest to look into it.

I will leave it here as is for now, but I would ultimately prefer to find a compromise that we can all agree on.

Update 1 11/16/2013

Well, we received an email this morning saying that they cannot guarantee any transactions. They have no intention of inspecting the order and pushing it through at the original rate contrary to posts on this forum.

The order was supposed to be fulfilled Thursday 11/14/2013 7:29 AM. It was not, in fact it stayed in the pending state for ~4 more hours. Instead it was cancelled at Thursday 11/14/2013 11:27 AM.

Coinbase abuses their TOS. Makes misleading statements here and in their blog that contradicts elements of their TOS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:44:50 PM

About the first issue, every time I contact Coinbase, I get a reply back about 1-2 weeks after sending them an email. Their customer support is extremely slow, but at least they are legit. Can't say anything about your second issue.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
csun (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:24:23 PM

In general the responses I have gotten were within a week, but They were the generic response that everyone has been copy and pasting into the forums.

When I made the second request, I waited 8 days (6 business days) before sending a followup of saying I would wait for 4 more days for a response. Perhaps this rubbed support the wrong way to result in the TOS shoved in my face. This seems really unprofessional since I was requesting some sort of indication that they were willing to look into it. From the outset 3 weeks prior, my impression from support was that they had no intention to honor the order.

csun (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:02:27 AM

Update it really looks like contrary to what has been posted in these forums, Coinbase has no interest in fixing their own errors.

I have no doubt that they are benefiting from these errors.

Oh well, fair warning to anyone else thinking about using them.

Anyone else who has had their orders cancelled and has had support refuse to honor them, PM me.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:03:26 AM

If you got all the records hit them up with small claims court.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: