Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:35:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherscan targets Token Spam  (Read 92 times)
iconoclast (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:27:48 AM

As some of you may have noticed there has been a flurry of people creating shitcoins and dispersing them to Ethereum wallets as a way of spamming people. Today I noticed that the 3 Spamcoins that I was sent earlier this week have been marked as "Reputation Spam" and now appear at the very bottom of the list with their message blanked out. Well done Etherscan.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:45:32 AM

It's true. I had my eyes pop out today when I saw the amount of $ on my wallet on etherscan. Too bad, when I opened token balances, I saw those spammy little shitcoins. I hope they get this sorted out as soon as possible, because I really got used to checking out my wallet balances on etherscan (it is safer than accessing your MEW wallets of course). And these random numbers are aggravating me, haha.  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 03:04:10 AM

They would call it marketing but i call it loosing. Many red strategies to catch the attention of investors  is just a way of showing people that they are truly coward and has nothing to offer. My junior brother had this experience only to see that the coins did not exist, just the message. I am happy etherscan is doing the right thing, blanking their message out.

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: