Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 09:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine Litecoin with Eligius Pool? How?  (Read 1435 times)
frozn000 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:54:59 AM

OK trying to figure out how to mine Litecoin along with Bitcoin...I am at "My Eligius"...then under "Configurable Options"...I see something there about "NMC Merged Mining Addr:"...I was thinking I would enter a NMC payment address from my wallet there..then when you enter it it asks for Signature then you get a message saying "You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!".  Can someone explain what I have to enter for a signature? Thanks!
Miridor

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:27:06 AM

do i get it right, you try to mine ltc on a btc pool?

Thats not possible! Take a look at www.wemineltc.com, thats a great ltc pool =)

About the signature; you can verify your address and your possession with a signature generated from your client. You can find that function under file > sign message

Here's a youtube video that explains the signature process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oxM9_OCQKM
frozn000 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:48:53 AM

Thank you for your reply...i messed up my question...what i meant to say was name coin NOT litecoin...replace  all instances of the word litecoin with namecoin my apologies!

do i get it right, you try to mine ltc on a btc pool?

Thats not possible! Take a look at www.wemineltc.com, thats a great ltc pool =)

About the signature; you can verify your address and your possession with a signature generated from your client. You can find that function under file > sign message

Here's a youtube video that explains the signature process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oxM9_OCQKM
Miridor

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:11:16 AM

well, unfortunately i dont have experience with namecoin/Eligius, but i found this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23768.msg3583108#msg3583108

Hope it helps.
SemiMolten

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:59:52 AM

OK trying to figure out how to mine Litecoin along with Bitcoin...I am at "My Eligius"...then under "Configurable Options"...I see something there about "NMC Merged Mining Addr:"...I was thinking I would enter a NMC payment address from my wallet there..then when you enter it it asks for Signature then you get a message saying "You must use a bitcoin client which supports standard signatures, or MtGox, for your mining address to sign options!".  Can someone explain what I have to enter for a signature? Thanks!
What wallet are you using?

Johanna

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:30:54 AM

I suggest you to use wemineltc.com pool instead.. The fee is free...

frozn000 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:24:05 PM

What wallet are you using?

Using MultiBit..these instructions were exactly what I needed.  Thank you!
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:15:13 PM

Use wemineltc.com instead. They even have auto generated CGminer script incase you don't know how to use it...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: