Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:24:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can we change names  (Read 307 times)
redwings17x (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:12:50 AM

are we able to change user names
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyeEarth99

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:21:41 AM

If you asking about our "Username" I think it "Cant be change" its a fixed code, unless its being change by the main forum developer, anyway for me Its not good to change the username that being used in Registration it may affected those High Ranking to copy their names and used it in wrong or something , before you registered in Bitcointalk ~ Think a username that its good think it twice . Cool Cool Cool
sncc

Activity: 536
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:33:43 AM
Merited by HCP (1)

If you donate 50 BTC, you can change your user name, see below.  Since your rank is Jr. Member, it would be easier to start new account with new user name which you prefer.

Q: I want to change my forum username. What should I do?
A: You can either donate 50 BTC to become a VIP or PM theymos asking to change your username (although he rarely accepts such requests nowadays).
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:56:46 AM

You cant change your username unless you will create another account. Is there any problem with the username that you have chosen to use in this forum?

achichy

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:32:40 AM

you can only change your name and email but username cannot be change
wudackprod

Activity: 1316
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:29:27 AM

You can't change username on bitcointalk. But you can change profile information, where you can add your name or nickname and other information (telegram id/website/email/etc)
Crypto_circuit

Activity: 420
Merit: 7

WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSY

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:59:11 AM

Technically, it's very possible to change username on the forum.

But why do you want to change your username ?

You discovered a new nice name ? and you want to change it and after a while you would discover another new nice name and would want to change it again and the loop goes on.

For easy identification and better code modification, its technically better for a username to be same, Considering the number of active user on the forum.

It's overly unnecessary for admins to continue to change username, there is no reasonable reason people change their username only that they found a better new name, (or for fraud) you would always find a new nice name once in a while, and that give so many unnecessary work to admins, for admin to curb that unnecessary act, they implemented an unrealistic amount to donate to change username 50BTC and you would see that almost nobody wants to change his/her username simply because its unimportant.

But if you feel you really want to change your username and you feel its important then go ahead and donate the  50BTC to change your username the link below.

A: You can either donate 50 BTC to become a VIP or PM theymos asking to change your username (although he rarely accepts such requests nowadays).

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Zandro

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:29:19 PM

I'm looking also for that but when I saw the answer on the pinned thread, forget where exactly it is, for us its impossible, since 50BTC is needed on the process, way back 2014 it is possible but now, just embraced also your name.

More importantly is not your name, it is what you can do with that name! So keep it and leave a mark  with it!
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:39:20 PM

No we can't change our username you can make another account with the username you want
Otakusaitana

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:32:47 PM

If you donate 50 BTC, you can change your user name, see below.  Since your rank is Jr. Member, it would be easier to start new account with new user name which you prefer.

Your answer make me laugh all day
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:09:16 PM

Can't change your username, maybe you must create a new account which username do you want. Your account still jr member, i think not to late to create a new account with other username, create account also add your account into 2 account.
gtforce

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:54:15 PM

you can not be changed with a fixed code, unless modified by the main forum developer.
nextpakk
Copper Member

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:24:40 PM

If you want to have an account under the username you're thinking about it maybe to your benefit to create another account. At this early stage in your start it could come in handy to build up and have 2 accounts if you can swing it.
AngryToken
Copper Member

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:24:54 PM

no you are no longer allowed to change username you will have to open a new account but you will lose all of your activity points or merits that you currently have.
dashi555

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:05:46 AM

I think you can contact the administrator to get an accurate answer. Here should be to allow donations to get honor, but change the name, few people do it.
engwenqu01

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:26:54 AM

Not worth it. Is the name so important? The grade should be more important.
GMAIL RM008

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

No, we can't change our username.
but you can contact to theymos : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35
if he wants to change then it is possible. otherwise not.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:07:57 PM

As someone said above here you need to pay
If I'm correct, there's no need to pay for changing your name but the chance is 0.01% out of 100%.

Admin's are busy doing stuffs so I doubt it a small concern of changing your name will fit their interest unless you're reputable in the community.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
EVER-TOKEN
Copper Member

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:49:28 PM

Technically, it's very possible to change username on the forum.

But why do you want to change your username ?

You discovered a new nice name ? and you want to change it and after a while you would discover another new nice name and would want to change it again and the loop goes on.

For easy identification and better code modification, its technically better for a username to be same, Considering the number of active user on the forum.

It's overly unnecessary for admins to continue to change username, there is no reasonable reason people change their username only that they found a better new name, (or for fraud) you would always find a new nice name once in a while, and that give so many unnecessary work to admins, for admin to curb that unnecessary act, they implemented an unrealistic amount to donate to change username 50BTC and you would see that almost nobody wants to change his/her username simply because its unimportant.

But if you feel you really want to change your username and you feel its important then go ahead and donate the  50BTC to change your username the link below.

Good to know.
aiannejacob

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:32:13 AM

No we can't change our username you can make another account with the username you want
*It is better to make a new account if you found another name. Username is not quite improtant. The activity the you have is more neccesary than your username.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: