Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 12:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdraw horror  (Read 948 times)
blockage (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Vires in numeris.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:41:17 AM

Hi Board,

it seems I got goxed Sad I asked for a BTC withdrawal a couple of days ago which had non standard inputs and was never really processed. Then 32h later the biggest input was double spend as you can see on blockchain.info and consequently my transaction was dropped and my address remains virgin.

MtGox support was telling me to wait for the transaction to be confirmed and then replied
Thank you for the email. On checking, we see that the transaction has been processed form our end and must have reflected in the account. Please check the link below for confirmation.

https://blockchain.info/tx/4727282ea5eb5db15372896b942442dfd5149696ea5cd39eee92d590349f9c0c

https://blockchain.info/tx/a93f3d2c01605e62ae8d107023401bf3180cb3c33df80d4b79943f9678fc4c13

Please contact us for further inquiries.

The second transaction is the double spend and the first transaction is how the funds got into the double spending address. The destination is obviously not my address. I reopened the issue. At the moment I still believe that I will get my coins eventually. Support is just slow and with the weekend approaching it seems that I will have to wait till next week ... Sad

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:16:03 AM

Hi Board,

it seems I got goxed Sad I asked for a BTC withdrawal a couple of days ago which had non standard inputs and was never really processed. Then 32h later the biggest input was double spend as you can see on blockchain.info and consequently my transaction was dropped and my address remains virgin.

MtGox support was telling me to wait for the transaction to be confirmed and then replied
Thank you for the email. On checking, we see that the transaction has been processed form our end and must have reflected in the account. Please check the link below for confirmation.

https://blockchain.info/tx/4727282ea5eb5db15372896b942442dfd5149696ea5cd39eee92d590349f9c0c

https://blockchain.info/tx/a93f3d2c01605e62ae8d107023401bf3180cb3c33df80d4b79943f9678fc4c13

Please contact us for further inquiries.

The second transaction is the double spend and the first transaction is how the funds got into the double spending address. The destination is obviously not my address. I reopened the issue. At the moment I still believe that I will get my coins eventually. Support is just slow and with the weekend approaching it seems that I will have to wait till next week ... Sad

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I hope it works out. I started a thread after getting gox'd in another way. Sad to see such inconsideration. MtGox is apparently the BFL of bitcoin exchanges.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:08:54 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience with GOX and your funds.  I sure hope u get your coins back.  I don't like how lame the response you got from GOX was I assume they can see the same thing your seeing on your end with the double spend issue. 

Let's just hope the matter get's sorted sooner then later, please keep us updated.

Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:19:26 AM

Apparently this has been going on for a while now. Probably a bug on their end.
blockage (OP)

Activity: 100

Vires in numeris.

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:20:39 AM

My coins arrived an hour ago and I had another email today at 9:50 am JST

Thank you for the email. As we experience few delays in withdrawal, our development team is working on this to resolve this. We will update you on this once the transaction has been processed.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

So everybody who is facing the same issue, it seems you can rest assured that your coins arrive eventually. At least they didn't break bad yet and runaway with coins Tongue Apparently devs at MtGox do work on Saturday.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. I hope it works out. I started a thread after getting gox'd in another way. Sad to see such inconsideration. MtGox is apparently the BFL of bitcoin exchanges.

Yes there are indeed a lot of similarities Wink Both of them seem to fuck up when they could do so great.

Sorry for the inconvenience with GOX and your funds.  I sure hope u get your coins back.  I don't like how lame the response you got from GOX was I assume they can see the same thing your seeing on your end with the double spend issue. 

Let's just hope the matter get's sorted sooner then later, please keep us updated.

Yeah it wasn't the greatest response but I also had a similar experience for example with customer support from Google. People doing the triaging are not necessarily too tech savvy and are keen on resolving things fast and move on to the next item rather than understanding the problem. They already destroyed coins due to a bug, who knows what they did this time.

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:40:51 AM

Sigh

Gox is clueless and out of their depth

Glad you got your coins back okay

hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:47:12 PM

Yeah it wasn't the greatest response but I also had a similar experience for example with customer support from Google. People doing the triaging are not necessarily too tech savvy and are keen on resolving things fast and move on to the next item rather than understanding the problem. They already destroyed coins due to a bug, who knows what they did this time.

Well that is great news.  Glad they got back to you with a positive outcome.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: