Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:20:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overclocked V2 blade all 'O', at 16300+ but only 29% efficiency - any ideas?  (Read 1543 times)
DoctorG (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 500

Which Doctor?

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:48:32 AM

Overclocked V2 blade all 'O', at 16300+ but only 29% efficiency - any ideas?

Hi All, Any ideas why my blade is running at 29% efficiency?
I bought the overclock kit, all went well, all the asic chips lit up as active

Damn does it get hot though! I got a couple of fans keeping it cool but I don't think the missus is gona like the noise, I don't want to be put in the shed.

Im disappointed that the heatsink itself doesn't get warm but the ones I stuck to the topside of chips get hot. Whats the deal with that?

Anyway, advice would thankfully received. Im running one blade on a 250W DELL psu. Surely its enough for one blade? If it wasn't wouldn't I get 'X' on asic chips

Thanks thanks thanks thank and thanks again. I need to sleep now for a couple of hours - its another 4AM Bitcoin balls up Smiley Smiley zzzzz

helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:00:38 PM

What difficulty pool does it mine too?  Efficiency (in the software the blades have) is calculated by percentage of shares accepted.  Basically:

29% efficiency = 100 difficulty 1 shares but only 29 where accepted by pool, proxy, ect.  If you use a getwork proxy like BFGminer, you should see ~99% efficiency.   Blades ONLY do

getwork.  Use a stratum proxy. Wink
Tong

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:24:16 PM

What difficulty pool does it mine too?  Efficiency (in the software the blades have) is calculated by percentage of shares accepted.  Basically:

29% efficiency = 100 difficulty 1 shares but only 29 where accepted by pool, proxy, ect.  If you use a getwork proxy like BFGminer, you should see ~99% efficiency.   Blades ONLY do

getwork.  Use a stratum proxy. Wink

What he said.  I had the same problem connecting to a stratum with the blade by default. didn't realize it for a few days, then setup a local stratum proxy and bam... 100+ efficiency.
cazwrx187

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:42:03 AM

I don't mean to bump an old thread but how did you overclock it to over 16gh/s?  I have a few running at 14.5-15gh/s but didn't know they were capable of your speeds.
phazon307

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:45:42 AM

Overclocked V2 blade all 'O', at 16300+ but only 29% efficiency - any ideas?

Hi All, Any ideas why my blade is running at 29% efficiency?
I bought the overclock kit, all went well, all the asic chips lit up as active

Damn does it get hot though! I got a couple of fans keeping it cool but I don't think the missus is gona like the noise, I don't want to be put in the shed.

Im disappointed that the heatsink itself doesn't get warm but the ones I stuck to the topside of chips get hot. Whats the deal with that?

Anyway, advice would thankfully received. Im running one blade on a 250W DELL psu. Surely its enough for one blade? If it wasn't wouldn't I get 'X' on asic chips

Thanks thanks thanks thank and thanks again. I need to sleep now for a couple of hours - its another 4AM Bitcoin balls up Smiley Smiley zzzzz

Ha that's exactly where I have mine in the shed and during this cold season 95% efficiency give or take a few every day.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: