Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:10:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big price swings  (Read 251 times)
cryptonoel (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:09:01 AM

Anyone see notice the big price swings on BTC, Eth, LTC, and Bca all shot up at the same time and almost exactly 12 hours later all dropped off a cliff lower than where they started? Seems like a big fish manipulation, I noticed it many other times and makes me tilt my head and makes me leary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 07:57:06 AM

You must be completely new to markets then. These sort of movements happen all the time and not only in crypto markets. Correlated markets generally move together unless there is some specific reason for them not to and then the become temporarily uncorrelated. Paranoia about manipulation also extends to other markets but not to the extreme levels so silliness that exist in the crypto world.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:48:30 AM

Anyone see notice the big price swings on BTC, Eth, LTC, and Bca all shot up at the same time and almost exactly 12 hours later all dropped off a cliff lower than where they started? Seems like a big fish manipulation, I noticed it many other times and makes me tilt my head and makes me leary
Maybe it is an whales action but learn to surf on the waves we still can make lot of money by short bumps and dumps of you think it will heooen in tje future too.But no one can completely manipulate it they can just ignite the fire and all the remaining thigs will happen itself.But long time investor don't have to scare about these spikes so be a long term holder and enjoy the waves.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:01:23 AM

It has been a wild market for BItcoin. any of technical analysis flags are becoming less reliable. These are controlled moves the whole day long. We have seen these dirty moves from whales many times the last 3 weeks. Currently, the market is a playground for the whales.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:44:24 AM

Price of crypto can swing heavily everyday and even price can have +/- 10% within a hour chart which is quite unusual if you are only familiar with the forex or other trading assets.

This means you will have equal chance of booking high profit or loss at the same time when you will trade cryptos. The one who can perfectly make an exit and enter again (day trading) on daily basis can actually make constant profit. Many crypto trader are just covering their living expenses only through crypto trading.
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:47:30 AM

I believe price is going to bounce on one of these big swings and never come back to 8000 usd!
All bad days are left behind today and now we can start to again 20k -30k in few months.

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:50:16 AM

it didn't drop down to where it started, price is still above $8000 and the most drop that it has is to $79xx an where it started was at $6800.
I have not been following the rest but the initial rise of bitcoin from $6800 to $8100 meant a big drop for all of the altcoins you mentioned, then after 1-2 hours these altcoins started rising because the money just woke up in altcoin market and the bitcoin effect pulled them up with itself a little bit.

Only Bitcoin
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3652

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

The effect of the price of bitcoin is applied to all other cryptocurrencies.
However, if the price of the Bitcoin drops, it will be followed by a drop for all currencies with a margin of change of about 5% maximum.
The price of  bitcoin has not fluctuated very much in the last 24 hours. Any rise or fall is a natural product of daily market movement.
Perhaps the odd thing is the rise in cryptocurrencies like Monero & BCH [temporary speculation]

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 11:08:56 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Perhaps the odd thing is the rise in cryptocurrencies like Monero & BCH [temporary speculation]

Monero has a fork coming up at the end of the month so people are buying it hoping for a "dividend" payout.

Bcash, on the other hand, is just having a tiny dead cat bounce.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/JFrcc5lT

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:28:14 AM

You must be completely new to markets then. These sort of movements happen all the time and not only in crypto markets. Correlated markets generally move together unless there is some specific reason for them not to and then the become temporarily uncorrelated.
Exactly. Just look at the trading pairs at (almost) all exchanges. You will mostly find BTC/altcoin pairs, and much fewer LTC/altcoin or USDT/altcoin pairs. So, if everything else is being traded vs BTC, no wonder there's strong correlation. Hence, BTC is the center of crypto-economy and chances are it will remain so for a long time.

The correlation between BTC and the other coins may be broken on occasions, for example, when a certain alcoin becomes attractive for whatever reason, but on average, all cryptocurrencies follow the movement of bitcoin. From time to time I try to locate pairs without a strong correlation (they might be better for the purpose of speculation), but so far I haven't had much success.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:36:15 AM

I believe price is going to bounce on one of these big swings and never come back to 8000 usd!
All bad days are left behind today and now we can start to again 20k -30k in few months.

yes that's right. And perhaps soon it will continue  jump again.  Like what happen last few days, which is the price jumped from 6k to 8k in just 30mins.  And i believe also that there's a tends it will happen again 'cause as we see nowadays after a small dump the price always jump back , so maybe this time it gaining more for the new high value of this year
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:39:14 AM

I have long been accustomed to such price fluctuations. It's not a problem for me. I even like it. In such moments there is always an opportunity to earn. Perhaps this worries those who use the strategy of the holding, but they should understand that this strategy works only for the duration of the period.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:02:30 PM

I think it is just a normal price movements and cannot be considered that big when the past price movements(bullish and bearish) are crazier than it. I also don't think that there aren't any manipulationa happening in the market, if what you claimed is true though, they won't be able to keep it up for a long time. If you also noticed it many other times, just think of it as normal volatility of crypto.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:34:24 PM

Bitcoin price and some other coins are just like that since then, especially bitcoin, it goes up and down all the time and every year. We cannot say exactly what Month, but it is always happening in the market.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:37:21 PM

When Bitcoin moves up, altcoins move up.
When Bitcoin moves down, altcoins move down.
This is called correlation.
This only changes a few times a year when there is alt season or Bitcoin having a massive rally.
Nothing new and well known by everyone who's watching the market regularly.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:45:59 PM

I don't see any manipulation because the price is still $8K. If there is a manipulation, the sooner that is gets above $8K we will see a massive drop to $6K but it didn't happened, which means that we might be in the road to recovery.

Just stay cool. We will learn a lot from this price movement and later you will realized when is the price being manipulated and when the price is making a consolidation.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:18:57 PM

It's not new. You should accept the fact that there is not only a big fish but it's a whale. Did you noticed that the stock market also dropped off? I guess the same whales are behind it or I'm just thinking too much about this market.

When Bitcoin moves up, altcoins move up.
When Bitcoin moves down, altcoins move down.
As I observed there were times that when bitcoin goes up, alts were down.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:45:34 PM

Whales definitely manipulate the prices and that could be happening, but not necessarily. I’ve noticed that if something starts a quick price increase, there will almost always be a correction soon afterward. The price increase could spike up for a few days and the a sell off causes the price to drop by half. This could just be short term traders taking quick profits.
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:38:59 PM

It has been happening for some time. Always after sharp rise there is sideways action, and then sharp drop exactly to the level from where it shoot up. It is now popularly called a Bart Simpson price action
harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:02:40 PM

If we have to point the manipulation on the cryptos you have mentioned then better changed the way of thinking. Manipulation will not work now on that cryptos you have mentioned but rather the better term here is, whales starting their move to "triggered" the trend that somehow leads us to think that is a literally a manipulated actions.

You just have to be used on that kind of movement as it was normal and like you also mentioned, you already noticed it many times so why still being surprised. Well since you are new ( I will assume you are new) I understand why you are like. Soon those swings will just be a normal scene to you as you progress and what will surprised is those "much more bigger swings" that you never see before.

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████