Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Invest in ICOs?  (Read 774 times)
Kadentran (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:30:17 AM

Dear all,
My understanding of ICOs didn’t feel complete without participating in the process. Soon, I opened a Coinbase account and invested a few thousand dollars to see how the “system” works. I subscribed to crypto newsletters and ICO alerts. In the next few months, I participated, sometimes successfully and sometimes not so much, in a few ICOs.

Thanks,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:24:39 AM

Dear all,
My understanding of ICOs didn’t feel complete without participating in the process. Soon, I opened a Coinbase account and invested a few thousand dollars to see how the “system” works. I subscribed to crypto newsletters and ICO alerts. In the next few months, I participated, sometimes successfully and sometimes not so much, in a few ICOs.

Thanks,

I totally didn't understand what you're trying to say from this post.

Your question is how to invest in ICOs but you also said you successfully participated in some ICOs already then what else you want to know about investing in ICOs?

You mean to say some ICOs have given you profits and some are not?

ICOs investments are a very high risk and reward programs because if your ICOs picks up then you can make a lot of money otherwise you may lose most of your investment.
$Darkloard$

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:42:19 AM

Kriptonok is young and not properly regulated, today investors need to be extra careful to protect themselves against high risks. However, in general, the crypto industry is growing, the market is growing up together with it, services and tools are emerging to regulate the market and protect against fraud.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:29:12 AM

Dear all,

Thanks,
Conducting a strategy in choosing ICO is not an easy thing, because ICO is very difficult to predict and even many people are deceived by the end result. Sometimes the ICO that looks convincing will in fact fail and when there is an unconvincing ICO but they can end successfully. It is sometimes that makes us feel dizzy in choosing, but there is one thing that can be a benchmark that read all the whitepaper and see the various discussions related to the ICO, I am optimistic we can be helped by various opinions from others. In the end we will decide what we will do.
saturn.network

Activity: 193
Merit: 2

Team Saturn

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 12:23:40 PM

When you are investing in ICO just look at the tech and then you will know if the team can deliver. Any ICO that has no working proof of concept? Stay away.

What is the point? =)

Just stick to teams that have a documented past of making releases.

Saturn Network (https://www.saturn.network) Decentralized Exchange. Peer to peer trading. Token Listing Free and Automated.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

Well you do not just invest to see how it works here, to see how the market works you must first learn how it works how it rolls you do not just try but I think it is called a luck for me do not get me wrong here (I got lucky once even I did not know how the progress of ICO works.
Now I learn that we must read everything before doing something or investing your money and waiting your time in it.
1. Read and watch everything about the book/ICO do leave a thing its an headache but it is worth it.
2. Know every opinion of the people when it comes to the ICO the process the works.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:22:36 PM

Dear all,

Thanks,

getting some ETH and BTC at coinbase is just the first step,
Most ICO need to be in ERC20 wallet and you need to use META or MEW to send your investment on their address and get your invested token on that wallet too.
Be sure to research more deeper on the project and the team, what are they future plans and roadmap, their whitepaper.
before investing it is better to study well on the token you will have.
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:09:33 PM

There are 3 ways: invest in some ico, participate in bounty or do both at one time. You need to make up your own strategy.

djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

Dear all,

Thanks,

Opening an account in Coinbase and getting a centralized wallet there to receive the ERC20 tokens from ICO projects is the worst choice. Get yourself a free decentralized wallet address which you own the private keys like MEW wallet for example.
Also take your careful time studying the project before investing, not all ICO projects are going to success and there are many scam projects.
Luizrosevelt

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:50:55 PM

I am wondering if the question is how to spot a good ICO, and advise. I will offer a subtle perspective based on that. ICO is just like going to the factories to buy products before they are brought to the open market. Such strategy is not entirely safe 100% of the time. You may be genius at picking good products at ICO stage and when they hit the market, you smile home with a huge ROI. You could be wrong some other time and the project goes under at birth. This is both thrilling as well as risky to say the least.
On the other hand, if you dyor and participate in promising projects, at least you won't be investing your entire income to receive some coins and if the project succeeds, it becomes a win win for you.
You try projects managed by Krypital or Amazix.
BetadiNe

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:26:26 PM

I think before investing you need to learn about crypto first, usually a lot of books that provide information about crypto, or a lot of reading on topics that discuss about crypto, then see the information or team about the project that you will inves, usually a good team will gives you more benefits, because with all the teamwork will run perfectly and succeed.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:23:04 AM

Dear all,

Thanks,

Plagiarism is illegal and copy/paste posts are in a violation of the rules of this forum.

Original source: https://hackernoon.com/how-to-invest-in-icos-and-what-ive-learned-investing-in-five-icos-fc40f2a3b1fc

success007

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:39:47 PM

When investing in ICO you have to learn some steps that will help u guide in joining ICO. Here are some steps I have read and  learned so far:
1) Do Research on Upcoming ICOs
Look at resources or outlets that features the latest ICOs. Knowing which ICOs are coming up will enable you to plan ahead, especially for ICOs that has a whitelist.
2) You should perform your own research to ascertain that the ICO is a good project. You can also look at reviews and analysis done by others to verify the potential of the ICO.
3) ICO Participation Process
-Opening an Exchange Account
-Opening Your Own Wallets to Participate in ICO
-Follow the ICO Instructions
4) Exchanges to Trade ICO Coins
If you believe in the tech, then hold the coins for the medium to long-term, or until your price target is hit. If you just want to flip it, then sell it once it reaches an exchange that usually lists an ICO.

MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:21:46 PM

I think before investing you need to learn about crypto first, usually a lot of books that provide information about crypto, or a lot of reading on topics that discuss about crypto, then see the information or team about the project that you will inves, usually a good team will gives you more benefits, because with all the teamwork will run perfectly and succeed.
Apparently, any investment in ico company is a big risk. Despite the fact that at the beginning ico of the company is given large bonuses for the purchase of coins, you can not use any example of relative this project.
berytry

Activity: 280
Merit: 18

@berytry

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:28:40 AM

my advice, buy ico that is already in the market, i used to buy ico tokens in fork delta, i put the price with very cheap price
viphong

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:53:51 AM

Before investing, you should learn about the virtual currency market, join the virtual money group. You have to pay for your game
Milansilver7

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:41:46 AM

Dear all,

Thanks,

I totally didn't understand what you're trying to say from this post.

Your question is how to invest in ICOs but you also said you successfully participated in some ICOs already then what else you want to know about investing in ICOs?

You mean to say some ICOs have given you profits and some are not?

ICOs investments are a very high risk and reward programs because if your ICOs picks up then you can make a lot of money otherwise you may lose most of your investment.
I am also confused by the statement, but I am trying to understand the purpose of it, maybe he has followed some ICO and he got good results sometimes he lost his money, I think ICO works like that, if you participate in the right ICO you will get a lot of money, if the ICO fails, you also get a failure, place your bet and enjoy the process!
cypher1992

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:41:13 AM

Dear all,

Thanks,

I think Kadentran is missing a strategy. Kadentran, think like a Venture Capitalist.

Here is a simple model:

In 6 cases, a VC leaves his investment without profit or low losses. In 3 cases a VC makes more or less profit. In one case, a VC makes a significant return.

It is only one "super star" necessary to achieve a good portfolio performance. The question remains, who is the next Super Star? Although you can do a deep analysis, surely nobody knows.

For this reason, a VC uses a kind of low-risk filter system, as briefly shown above.

yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

asking how to invest in an ICO but your message seems not good with the title.
btw, you can't use coinbase to invest in most ICO as they need ERC20 wallets for that.
and i hope you are ready for their KYC.
Jaephoenix

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:40:31 PM

To invest in any ICO, you would have to do your due diligence. Research is important. I would recommend Allstocks  for you. Awesome product with great team
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: