Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New technologies and businesses  (Read 236 times)
joulion86 (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 53

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 10:30:48 AM

100 years ago, citizens didn't complain about smog and lack of parking spots, but about horse dung and sometimes even the smell of dead horse carcasses in the streets. If you had a carriage company back then and heard about combustion engines that will replace the horse, you would have thought: No way! After all the horse has been the best transportation method for thousands of years. 20 Years later, horses were banned from the streets and cars replaced the old technology, except for rural areas to nearly 100 percent.

Once Kodak was one of the most successful companies that produced cameras. Why? Because they were investing into color film early when everyone else believed in black and white films. Ironically, one of their engineers developed the first digital camera. This technology was not invested in. Today, the digital camera is norm, and Kodak is out of business.

One of my favorite example, how a successful company overslept a technology or trend they invented themselves is Blizzard: A user built map was extremely successful, and Blizzard executives should have realised the potential to make a new game out of it. They didn't until way to late. Dota and League of Legends have grown beyond any games Blizzard ever made on their own, and when they tried to jump the train with Heroes of the Storm, but then it was way to late.

Companies that went out of business because they didn't realise a new technology are countless. Think of Nokia, Blackberry, Pan Am, Polaroid etc.

Here comes the Bitcoin, redefining how a transaction of money should look like:
- secure
- without fees

Which businesses do you think are in danger because of this new technology?

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 10:34:22 AM

100 years ago, citizens didn't complain about smog and lack of parking spots, but about horse dung and sometimes even the smell of dead horse carcasses in the streets. If you had a carriage company back then and heard about combustion engines that will replace the horse, you would have thought: No way! After all the horse has been the best transportation method for thousands of years. 20 Years later, horses were banned from the streets and cars replaced the old technology, except for rural areas to nearly 100 percent.

Once Kodak was one of the most successful companies that produced cameras. Why? Because they were investing into color film early when everyone else believed in black and white films. Ironically, one of their engineers developed the first digital camera. This technology was not invested in. Today, the digital camera is norm, and Kodak is out of business.

One of my favorite example, how a successful company overslept a technology or trend they invented themselves is Blizzard: A user built map was extremely successful, and Blizzard executives should have realised the potential to make a new game out of it. They didn't until way to late. Dota and League of Legends have grown beyond any games Blizzard ever made on their own, and when they tried to jump the train with Heroes of the Storm, but then it was way to late.

Companies that went out of business because they didn't realise a new technology are countless. Think of Nokia, Blackberry, Pan Am, Polaroid etc.

- secure
- without fees

That’s why I believe that bitcoin is the future because it ipens up a lot of possibilities and horizons for both a country and a lot of corporations and institutions. Having digital currency and control of the cryptocurrency market gives a series of flexibility open to both the consumer and the producer alike it can be beneficial nit just short term but also in the long run as it can save you a lot of money and earn you more because of the number of people that will use it.

filtyfrank251

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:10:33 AM

Modern technology and businesses are interconnected. An economy with modern technology (such as blockchain technology in the cryptocurrency market will help the economies of developed countries.) At the same time, businesses will have more investment opportunities to seek profits to coexist. .

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
joulion86 (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 53

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:18:09 AM

Yeah I'm definately on your side. I just wondered do you think that there are some businesses that might actually go out of business if they don't act upon Bitcoin and the Blockchain technology?

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:05:53 AM

- secure
- without fees

As much as I agree that Bitcoin can disrupt the current way we do things, it does have fees. The goal is for those fees to be negligible, and while it currently is, that could change in an instant if the scalability issue isn't addressed. I would also contest security as a strong selling point because while it could be more secure, it could be more vulnerable than traditional banking storage in some instances.

If I were to point out qualities that could disrupt the system, I'd say decentralization, because nothing other than other crypto can boast that quality, and convenience, because you're able to send any amount anywhere cheaply and nearly instantly.

Fairy_90

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

Simply put, the new blockchain technology is an electronic ledger that stores transactions, agreements, contracts, and any data that we need to independently record or verify the existence of. Its not the same way as transactional storage, the usual data when data is stored centrally in a third party database that we trust to ensure the authenticity of that data, When using blockchain, these data are updated on the peer-to-peer network of all users in the same network. That is, everyone on the same network will be able to know all. transaction information, will verify and record that transaction in the ledger and then distribute this data to the Other features. Lockchain is a scattered dispersed database; Computers continuously carry out independent audits by verifying incoming data and comparing them with the signature of the transaction.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:17:23 AM

Thats a good example of "transformation of things!"

Its all about the trust that you put into the technology which takes it to the next level. There will be light today, there will something different tomorrow and this is on going process and the techs will keep rising all the time.

The same thing is happening with the BTC as well. Its new ray of hope where fiat has to get replaced some day with such new techies, but I am sure the timeline that will need for this transformation would be more than 10-15 decades from now as we dont really need it right now. Its like having the digital camera when black and white is the most famous one as you depicted in your example up there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:29:23 AM

This is probably not going to happens any time soon, but I do really believe that many financial institutions are going to have a really hard time in the future if they do not adapt.
I've always really like the catchphrase "Be Your Own Bank", that sums up my thoughts perfectly.

This isn't going to happen suddenly of course, but I reckon we'll see people abandoning traditional banks some day in the far away future.
Maybe not directly because of Bitcoin, but likely because of something that's inspired by Bitcoin.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:33:52 AM

I think the banking business , the stock shares , the gold business all these things are kind of being affected by it .
If someone has to do transactions overseas why pay extra taxes and stuff when you can easily transfer the money through the Bitcoins.
It's more feasible .. also no stock shares give the same amount of profit as in the case of Bitcoins I do think that... All these things are getting affected somehow ..but that too is good for the consumers.
We are getting more in hand profit and nothing is meddling between.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
m.mendoza

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:45:23 AM

Thats a good example of "transformation of things!"

Its all about the trust that you put into the technology which takes it to the next level. There will be light today, there will something different tomorrow and this is on going process and the techs will keep rising all the time.

The same thing is happening with the BTC as well. Its new ray of hope where fiat has to get replaced some day with such new techies, but I am sure the timeline that will need for this transformation would be more than 10-15 decades from now as we dont really need it right now. Its like having the digital camera when black and white is the most famous one as you depicted in your example up there.
Lockchain is a scattered dispersed database; Computers continuously carry out independent audits by verifying incoming data and comparing them with the signature of the transaction. New technologies will come up yearly thats why there are always upgrade in every technologies. Same with business if the technologies update and upgrade same with business you can be updated unless you upgrade also with the new technologies.

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

Some industries and companies will adapt and transform themselves, maybe find different niche or even incorporate blockchain technology into their business. Other will try to fight against bitcoin and blockchain but that will most likely backfire to them and they will lose the battle.
Beside the obvious sectors like banking and traditional stocks market, there are also other companies that will be affected by takeover from blockchain, for example credit card providers like MasterCard, prepaid coupons for anonymous payments like PaySafeCard, Neteller... Big data analyzing companies...

lmodric

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:06:54 AM

I think that if the government and conventional banks do not want to adopt the technology then those who will be in disadvantage.
Bitcoin is just like a horse that will be shifted in the future.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:09:51 AM

I see no business that put into danger when some new technological breakthrough is introduced despite it it gives a greater benefits to adapt that technology and make their business grow and expand. They only danger with the business if they don't put in mind this big "C" a thing called change if they can't make a change then they will be a prison of their old fashioned process just like Kodak and Nokia for example and be left behind and it is too late to play in the new game scene. The only danger that i can see with this new technology is the gradual extinction of human labor.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:20:27 AM

I wish I could have supported this one but bitcoin is really not the thing which is capable of replacing anything today or tomorrow. I mean fiat would have been replaceable if it would have been lacking few characters that are represented by the bitcoin. I mean technological advancement would be when the few things are more upgraded in the newer version. Also, bitcoin has come out of the blockchain technology which itself a whole new world and doesnt rely on the real world. In here we have swift technology, using which todays international transfers are done. They are fast, secure and does take more precautions! So whats the new in blockchain and its not even recognised legally in many countries to get the global status. Isn't those are the points that can keep the bitcoin down the line no matter what advances it gets.
LanzCoinPress1994

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:20:59 AM

- secure
- without fees

Hi!

I would like to prefer the word called "New Era" instead of the danger of business. The technology based on bitcoin shows the next level of the transaction. Blockchain technology already implemented in many industries. Without stagnant, this technology shows a real-time result. Centralize business models not able to survive with new technology. Many Industries which act as a middleman in transactions will cut from society. Also, this will help to reduce thousands of paper works in administrative units. But People may think new technology will lose their jobs and business. But it is not, because of when electrical machines came to the world that makes thousands of new jobs. Same as this technology will remove the traditional business but also that will create thousands of new opportunities.

Thanks For Attention
Have A Nice Day!

◈ ZEROSTATE ◈
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE