Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:46:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RUSSIA BLOCKS TELEGRAM -> BAD FOR ICOS?  (Read 261 times)
Grobokopalka

Activity: 579
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:07:20 PM

Roskomnadzor thus only taught even more people to use VPN, ICO is not affected in any way, especially Pavel Durov is already actively developing methods to combat blocking. So that nothing terrible not happened

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:08:58 PM

Telegram is already blocked by many Isps and countries around the world but that is not the real problem as you can easily access it by using any free vpn service, there are many vpn apps also available for android and ios.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
trill312

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:13:11 PM

As usual, if the people want something, they will get it in one way or another. The Chinese ban didn't stop Chinese crypto entusiasts from particiapting in the market.
The Telegram ban won't stop the Russians.

Agreed. Telegram not the first one banned. Torrents all them prohibited. So what? Did we stop downloading?
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:14:21 PM

Roskomnadzor thus only taught even more people to use VPN, ICO is not affected in any way, especially Pavel Durov is already actively developing methods to combat blocking. So that nothing terrible not happened
It has been annouced today if Pavel tried to combat through use bitcoin. ICO is fine, it's not a big problem in my opinion becuse there is a lot of social media platform just like telegram such as slack or discord and many more.
lhuibin

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:15:44 PM

in General, this should affect the ICO.but I think that everything will be fine and telegrams will not be blocked forever never

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
evanesce

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:21:30 PM

Russia has an incredibly important place in the field of cryptocurrencies and I am sure that they will cope with this small problem

gemajai

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

First Decentralize Mobile Service Telecom Company

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:23:13 PM

Experts warned that Russia could move on to bigger social media sites like Facebook (Stated in the article). That sounds worse. Let's hope decisions will change and that the situation will not worsen.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
sigtmerchant

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:23:28 PM

Despite the restrictions in many countries Telegram is doing fine. I don't see any correlation between this ban and future ICO projects.

czhen

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:24:30 PM

Telegram has repeatedly refused to grant the user a user encryption message access to Federal Security Service (FSB) Russia.
The FSB reasonably requires such access to guard against security threats, such as terrorist attacks. However, Telegram assesses the granting of such access is tantamount to violating user privacy.
it will cost the lives of 15 million Russians. On the other hand, blocking would not have any impact on improving Russia's security.
Terrorist threats in Russia will remain the same because extremists will continue to use various communication channels encrypted in other messaging services, or via VPN
Lindell

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:49:19 PM

Those who want to ban the ICO, even telegram blocked by them. It's another problem.  Russians can still find alternative ways for communications like other countries. Fortunately there are vpn and other alternative social media campaigns.
Maybe, should create new account on telegram and automatically add vpn.
gregden

Activity: 212

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:52:44 PM

They will not be able to block the telegram. Yes, the PC version is problematic, but everything works on the phone. They block by IP, and to block Telegram over IP it is necessary to block IP of Google Play, App Store and Microsoft.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:56:09 PM

telegramm will continue to work in the russia using vpn.
similarly in Ukraine banned vkontakte, but it continues to use
bezygly

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:16:21 PM

Yes, in any case it will affect the Russian market of crypto currency, not for the good.
But while all this is bypassed, and there are no big problems. There are some inconveniences in the work, but this does not hinder much.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:22:40 PM

There will always be another way, simply put. We are in the digital age where blockages can be overridden in many ways.

And even if Russia succeeds to block Telegram, ICOs still have many channels to route their updates, news, announcements and all modes of communications.

I don't think it's a biggie for ICOs but will definitely hurt one way or the other, but it surely won't stop them.
gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:24:43 PM

Telegram is already blocked by many Isps and countries around the world but that is not the real problem as you can easily access it by using any free vpn service, there are many vpn apps also available for android and ios.
Yes, but some Russian Telegram users report still being able to use the app, even without using a VPN.
They also asked Apple and Google to pull Telegram from their Russian app stores.
y3v63n

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:25:25 PM

As usual, if the people want something, they will get it in one way or another. The Chinese ban didn't stop Chinese crypto entusiasts from particiapting in the market.
The Telegram ban won't stop the Russians.

Definitely so. The ban can easily be bypassed by using VPNs or proxies. Moreover, Telegram is going to implement a built-in VPN soon so it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Robot654

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:27:35 PM

I think it does not matter.  People avoid blocking and will continue to use the telegram. I think everything will be fine.
SamBee

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:38:13 PM

It's bad for russians, not for ICO I guess.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

Russia’s internet watchdog has blocked an estimated 16m IP addresses in a massive operation against the banned Telegram messaging app that could set a new precedent for Russian online censorship. As we all know, Telegram is also a very popular channel for ICOs.

How could this affect ICOs targeting Russian participants?

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/17/russia-blocks-millions-of-ip-addresses-in-battle-against-telegram-app

Well, Telegram is an application which was used by the majority of Crypto traders in order to gain daily updates about their tracking ICO projects and every other information regarding ICO and bounty programs which I can see a hot topic in this forum. I am really lucky that I am not a Russian citizen because banning the Telegram app would have affected me a lot as I am using it on a daily basis and it is one of my major marketing tools which earns me a good income on regular basis. But I am sure that my Russian friends would find some other way to market and get information for their respected ICO's and Crypto projects.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:40:41 PM

The news is not so bad delivered, because there are still many ways to get into it with VPN is also very able to access it, but I am sure it is not too many Russians who are concerned with blocking and keep using telegram I hope it just scare it, and not too influential for ICO and Facebook and Twitter to block all crypto ads that do not affect ICO because there are many other ways to promote ICO.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: