Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marriage vs. Divorce  (Read 796 times)
Fantastic33 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:19:57 PM

Marriage is a sacred union between man and woman who are deeply in love with each other. But what if you come to a point that you are no longer happy with your marriage, or you feel that your love gets weaker after several years due to infidelity of your partner, or being irresponsible of his/her obligations? Would you file for a divorce or will you hold on to your marriage not because you love your partner but because it's your commitment? Just wanted to know your opinion. Thank you!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kogs

Activity: 86
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

If there is no more love in the relationship it's just stupid to stay together.

If one partner in a relationship is not happy anymore, the other partner will also feel it and will also become unhappy.
If you stay together just for any artificial reason like 'it's sacred' or 'we committed long time ago' you will just make everybody involved unhappy.

So, if there is no chance anymore to save the relationship, quit it. It will help you and your partner in the long turn.

Don't waste time with the wrong partner. And if the partner is right or wrong can change over time as people also change over time.
kingsters

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

I was quet but i was not blind

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:09:51 PM

Well, you must understand each other very well Or there are problems encountered because there is not much about each other,My friend, he only watched the wife's looks and got married, and now they are separated.

bioessential

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

Marriage is a sacred union between man and woman who are deeply in love with each other. But what if you come to a point that you are no longer happy with your marriage, or you feel that your love gets weaker after several years due to infidelity of your partner, or being irresponsible of his/her obligations? Would you file for a divorce or will you hold on to your marriage not because you love your partner but because it's your commitment? Just wanted to know your opinion. Thank you!
my opinion is i'm going to file a divorce. because i need to be happy in a sense of my partner is being  responsible to obligations. every body wants to be happy and finding some one who is responsible and valuing relationship. 
Paul23

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:26:37 PM

In marriage life trust is the most important thing to build strong relationship,without trust your marriage life well not exist ,divorce well happen if your marriage life well not  be able to rebuild again from mistake,but depend upon to situation,because some partner will be arrogant to doing divorce despite well have also mistake to each other,and when it happen,some children will also supper to their emotional aspect,so that as a parent you must consider the following aspect,
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 03:38:35 PM

That's a fair point, but with that mindset - marriage is not for you. Why would you get married and pledge your life-long commitment ("for good and bad... until death do us part") if all you really mean is "until I'm 100% satisfied".

The idea behind marriage is (was?) to start a family. The person you married becomes your closest family, and you don't abandon/replace your family even when things get rough, you work it through. Can you imagine anyone abandoning their child or mother because 'things weren't very great between us lately'?

But sadly, that only worked when divorces were rare and socially unacceptable. You simply had no other way but to make things work and fix your relationship. Currently, when things go bad, the first thought is "am I better off alone?" or "would I be happier with someone else?".

Relationship dynamics are a motherfucker. With loose social/religious norms it's hard to pull off a lifelong relationships, unless both parties got it figured out and know exactly what they want. That's why marriage rates are higher (and divorce rates lower) in the upper class, when people tend to be more intelligent.

In short: Don't get married if you're not ready to commit 100%.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:44:29 PM

Divorce is just formality by law. In today's society, married couples take their separate ways with or without divorce. The sanctity of marriage isn't given as much importance as before. Sadly, people take these thinga lightly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
janaiz

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:55:46 PM

In that situation, it is not hard to fix it, both of you need to talk all the problems you encountered and you must true to your self telling what are your feelings and don't think that it will hurt him/her because telling the truth can keep your relationship stronger. There are lots of ways that a relationship is no longer working or unhappy, first is sex, if both of you are not aggressive then you need to talk about that, having great sex is having a great relationship so it will not go to divorce.
Thaliaismyname

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:01:26 PM

If your not given another chance to your partner to rebuild again from healthy relationship due to her infidelity, irresponsible,and causing you to lose your love with him  its better to divorce than stay at bad marriage life,because life is short don't waste your time to spend with him despite unhealthy relationship,but on other side some christian religions belief that marriage life well also holy in the eyes of god,

Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:05:31 PM

You are right that marriage is sacred and should be treasured. But to define it nowadays as sacred is hard to accept because of negative cases which was end up to separation or divorce. So I think the definition about marriage is not acceptable as the major reason but it is only depends for each couple since the image of marriage is already broken and the evidence is very rampant already.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:32:02 PM

If there is really no other way, I would not stand the marriage for the sake of any commitment or children... If two people already look in different directions and their views don't suit each other, what's the reason to waste one another's time?
Kogs

Activity: 86
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:15:07 PM

That's a fair point, but with that mindset - marriage is not for you. Why would you get married and pledge your life-long commitment ("for good and bad... until death do us part") if all you really mean is "until I'm 100% satisfied".

The idea behind marriage is (was?) to start a family. The person you married becomes your closest family, and you don't abandon/replace your family even when things get rough, you work it through. Can you imagine anyone abandoning their child or mother because 'things weren't very great between us lately'?

But sadly, that only worked when divorces were rare and socially unacceptable. You simply had no other way but to make things work and fix your relationship. Currently, when things go bad, the first thought is "am I better off alone?" or "would I be happier with someone else?".

Relationship dynamics are a motherfucker. With loose social/religious norms it's hard to pull off a lifelong relationships, unless both parties got it figured out and know exactly what they want. That's why marriage rates are higher (and divorce rates lower) in the upper class, when people tend to be more intelligent.

You interpreted my mindset quite well. I really don't plan to get married because I don't see a value for me to do so.
A relationship can work as well or as bad if you are married or not.

If you love your choosen partner until the bitter end and your partner feel the same for you that's the perfect scenario which often enough happens.
But don't forget the other people who don't have the luck to find their soul mate. I don't think those couples should stay together when they don't love each other anymore. But of course you should first try to work on the relationship and try to fix it before going separated ways. I don't mean you should give up a relationship after the first small discrepancy.

You say, the person you married becomes your closest family. I agree with that. But sometimes it happens that this person becomes your biggest enemy.

When there are children involved it gets more complicated but even then I think it can be better when the parents don't live together. If a child get love by separate living parents or even get love by only one parent it can be better than parents who constantly fight each other.

And also if they stay in the relationship it will prevent them that they can find a better partner.

In short: Don't get married if you're not ready to commit 100%.

That's the main problem. Too much people don't follow this rule. They rush with the decission to marry someone and then wonder why the relationship did not hold.
Mariksa

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

Remind yourself that you fell in love with this person for a reason. If you truly loved him before then your love can't go away. In the Bible, there are several qualities of love. Here is a famous passage: "1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away".
Love never ends Smiley

Darwinie

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

With my opinion and life prespective, your not kid anymore with marriage. You have a commitment after God's presence and it if very sacred that you pledge that you will hold on to that relationship even if its hard or just like what you have mentioned. Love is a Choice or desicion, love doesnt have to on fire always love is when you cant find good to your partner and still choose to stay to understand them.
Harribel03

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 11:18:53 PM

In my opinion, if divorce will be implemented in all nation and states, there is a tendency that the population will grow up more, why? The lust of the people can't be controlled, if they want to make love with other people, they are free to do that because marriage can be nulled. I am pro with marriage and I want don't to have divorce.
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:04:14 AM

A union of two hearts in love with one another binded by martiage is a life long decision that someone must take note. Marriage should not be just an act to fullfill life. It is a serious matter on whom you are to spend your beautiful life with. We all should look forward into marriage as no one can even seperate you with your partner. Never think pf getting a divorce for marriage is sacred.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Izalcomax

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:04:16 AM

Therefore you must think over and over again before getting married, marriage isnt just about love, because when loves gone, like you said your reason to be together is gone too.. But if you two already got children/s , well there is things must be considered more than just love, this is for the sake of your children/s..
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:24:55 AM

As for me marriage is a companionship between two individual that was build with foundation of trust and nourished by love.  It's between two people that have mutual understanding, in any relationship we cannot avoid to have a problems or misunderstandings and for me it's not the reason to give up easily on your partner because you are now considered to be as one. You two have to face the problem together. A strong bound of relationship do not require divorce.

Patience, understanding and communication to your partner is the key to successful marriage. Let God be the center of your relationship. Have a blast!
janecho25

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:00:38 AM

I will still hold on to our marriage.  And divorse will never be my option. Because marriage requires acceptance and we should work out on it whenever you got to the point where your both differences appeared.  Except when there is a physical harassment involved. 
mrsbee

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:22:25 AM

Marriage is a sacred sacrament,it is union between man and a woman who inlove with each,promising the vow of loving each other even poorer or richier,in the time of happines and sadness...I still hold on to marriage what ever happenes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: