Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Paper Wallet  (Read 612 times)
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:36:05 AM

I just wondering why some people don't use paper wallet to secure their bitcoin, Some of them are just putting to the exchanger and trust their funds that no assurance of safety.I don't understand why they did not use the most secure way to keep their bitcoins.

Any Thoughts?
Probably they are regular day traders and not a long-term holder, risk of getting hacked is pretty high compared to an offline environment most especially if you own large stash of bitcoin and other valuable altcoins and you are just storing it on a hot wallet, long-term plus sums of coins must be stored on any secured cold storage.

I think it's more secure when your money is digital rather than fiat because we all know how digital money is very convenient and less mass if you have it, you will just be needing a trusted wallet for your money. Also fiat money is very complicated when you are buying something and your cash is big, so your change would be many fiat money including coins but if you pay using digital the you only payment directly from your digital wallet and fix digit is deducter to it no more change and many coins.
He is not asking about the fiat currency, the Op revolves around the topic about the paper wallet the one that's we need to print in order to store bitcoin physically including the private keys on the paper itself be sure to read the topic carefully
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evanstinger

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:38:10 AM

I just wondering why some people don't use paper wallet to secure their bitcoin, Some of them are just putting to the exchanger and trust their funds that no assurance of safety.I don't understand why they did not use the most secure way to keep their bitcoins.

Any Thoughts?

If we are long term holders and we hold a huge amount of bitcoin then it is good to place our bitcoin on paper wallet. But to traders and small time holders we need to place them on exchanges so we can trade them and earn some profit. We can only keep our bitcoin at the paper wallet if we have more excess bitcoin.

I agree!
The same principle applied to other cryptocurrencies, too. It depends on your purpose with those coins, if you planning to make some profit by trading, then paper wallet would be a pain in the ass. Paper wallets could offer a simple way to store your coins if you're too lazy to maintain a trezor or ledger nano device.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

if you want to use your btc daily then u cant store your bitcoin in paper wallet.paper wallet is safe but so hard.and another thing is to reveal your private key to others Smiley
exchange is risky but safe too.

EGOR EXACT

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:22:46 AM

storage of funds in different purses - the best option for storing coins. Paper wallets are inconvenient
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:26:33 AM

Any Thoughts?

You are right!
I use paper wallet. About one year I asked it for me here..
I think this is best way to safety and easy to use too.
Svafnir74

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:39:46 AM

Any Thoughts?
I agree that the paper wallet for storing bitcoins is the most reliable. I use it myself. However, it is not the most convenient. Especially when you need to use the wallet every day. This is the main reason why people prefer other ways of storing bitcoins.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:29:09 AM

Actually I etched a thick copper plate with the info I need (it is not a paper wallet, but rather a hardware wallet seed words, but the principle is the same and if it were on paper only, it would be equally easy to lose). And I learnt quite a lot in the process so I encourage everybody to do it himself.

See, even Troglodytes can think.  Cheesy Smiley
Sorry Pan T., I had to.  Cool

A very good advice, I hope many people will follow it.

wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:35:26 AM

Not everyone is industrious and inquire about issues related to bitcoin and how to use a bitcoin purse. They invest in bitcoin and they only care about profit, which has led to many people who have been cheating a large part of their property.
Maybe they have another way to take care of their wallet.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:06:10 PM

Any Thoughts?
The security is very much necessary when u are investing and earning online because there are many hackers who can simply steal your money even without your knowledge so that confidentiality is very very necessary during online transactions and for that you need a trusted wallet who can keep your bitcoins safe and I am so much impressed with your idea of using a paper wallet but the problem is that many of us even don’t know how to use bitcoin purse so for that you have to be very conscious and have to keep your wallet pin very confidential.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:32:36 PM

Any Thoughts?
It is not really complicated to understand why people do not use paper wallets to secure their bitcoins, paper wallets are very secure but if you want to use your bitcoin then it becomes very rapidly a hassle to use them, those that keep their money in an exchange are doing it out of convenience, that way they have access to their bitcoin no matter where they are in the world, so as you can see it is a matter of priorities, if your priority is to keep your bitcoins safe and secure then a paper wallet is one of the best choices, but there are people that have different priorities and they prefer convenience over security.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:47:21 PM

You would rather hold their Bitcoin for a long time and forget it then comback after a year or two, then a paper wallet would be one of the safest. But if someone who makes their investment actively, like a trade, better keep it in exchange for easy access. The transaction confirmation time is also very long. This makes it uncomfortable for traders.
Lisa famel

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:49:27 PM

. Wallpaper is more suitable for long-term cold storage, because it's quite a process for storing and sweeping coins, and we hold a large amount of bitcoin then it's great to put our bitcoin in paper purses. But for traders and small holders, we need to put them on the exchange so we can trade them and make a profit
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:09:32 PM

Any Thoughts?
Paper wallets are safe but they are messy: you can lose your paper wallet or you may make a lot of copies but then you might unintentionally reveal one of the copies to somebody.

However, what data do you have to back up your claim that it is not used? I am sure some people use paper wallets.

I agree paper wallets are messy, since you will have to update it everytime you make a transaction, it is a good way of saving you bitcoins though, but just like any other forms of paper, it can be ripped, crumpled or burned, and data will be loss, not unless you make a back up, but in doing so, you are just like showing to the world your wallet, and though it is hard to hack, you will still need to save your keys somewhere, and to be safe, some also carelessly put their keys and other data on the piece of paper where your wallet is, and then can be hacked, it is much safer if you ymuse a cold storage.

I also would like to see the date wherein how many people uses paper wallet, since it is very accessible.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:33:39 PM

Any Thoughts?
you choose a wallet base on what you are using it for. if one is trading you don't expect him/her to use paper to store his coin, do? you can only use paper wallet when you for the long-term investment, and mind you paper wallet also has its disadvantages just like every other wallet.
vladaziya1

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

I do not know, I like everything, I never asked this question. I traded altcoin for bitcoin and I'm fine. Thank you... Smiley
fendi09

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

bitcoin paper wallet to be one of the safest so as not to be searched by others. but someone who invests like a trade but we must be patient waiting for the price rise. because the price is unstable sometimes rise sometimes down to get our profit should price rise.
roni12345

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:08:11 AM

Paper wallet is one of the secure wallet. I also heared that paper wallet is better than hot wallets. But sometimes paper wallet turns into a disaster!  Major problem is that sometimes the change goes to a different address.
wdelius

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:31:59 AM

I think paperwallet/brain wallet with mnemonic phrase is a really interesting idea.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:58:10 AM

I put all the crypto money I kept for the future in a paper bag. I have 2 different paper wallets for Bitcoin and Ethereum. I think it's the safest wallet for cryptos.

sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

it seems that bitcoin will not be used for the use of paper purses because bitcoin is a digital currency that can only be done in the digital world can never be implemented in the form of paper wallets.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: