Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:57:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook says it tracks non-users but doesn't ‘sell people's data’  (Read 92 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:25:17 PM

If you have logged out of your Facebook account – or have never even had one – the US social network giant is still keeping close tabs on you, tracking every virtual move, and there’s nothing you can do about it. David Baser, the company’s product management director, admitted in a recent blog post that Facebook receives data about visitors to any websites that use the so-called “social plugins,” such as “Like” and “Share” buttons.

“When you visit a site or app that uses our services, we receive information even if you’re logged out or don’t have a Facebook account,” Baser said in the blogpost on Monday. He rushed to emphasize, however, that this is how the modern internet works and that all companies, including Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn operate in a similar way, while Google has a popular analytics service. Besides, Amazon, Google and Twitter all offer plugin features and thus collect user information, he noted.

https://www.rt.com/news
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:46:01 PM

Yeah, when it comes to tracking data of non-users, Google takes the trophy on that one easily.
Almost every website nowadays have a Google script tracking it's visitors across the Internet.

Facebook opens up quite the problems for it's users, as people share a lot of very personal information there.
Google however is a main problem for the privacy of the Internet in general.
Sites that they don't own have their scripts in them, so they are really strong in that business.
JoshuaBlack1

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:06:03 PM

haha nonsense. Of course they do, their whole business model is to sell peoples data. It was amazing to see us congress ask him if he secretly records people without consent which I 100% know happens! Its good to see it coming out into the public domain
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:09:34 PM

Yeah, when it comes to tracking data of non-users, Google takes the trophy on that one easily.
Almost every website nowadays have a Google script tracking it's visitors across the Internet.

When I search on amazon.com for clothes etc.. and then when I am on other websites, I see google ads for clothes on amazon (maybe other online stores also). I think this is cheating and illegal for internet marketing.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:14:35 AM

When I search on amazon.com for clothes etc.. and then when I am on other websites, I see google ads for clothes on amazon (maybe other online stores also). I think this is cheating and illegal for internet marketing.

And if we only knew what kind of information they take from your Android phones...
Few years ago Microsoft was very scary as Windows was most popular operating system, now most popular operating system is Android which is developed by Google and comes with Google apps with full system access and closed source.

I used to try convince people to switch to Linux so Microsoft doesn't have full access to their personal computers where they had a lot of personal information.
Now we have these computers always in an arm length and there is no good open source alternative. They are next to us while we are walking outside, while we are eating, sleeping, practically always...And it is all owned by the company that also owns majority of the Internet...

When it comes to privacy, we are in deep shit now, if we ever where.
atalarik sebastian

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:00:03 AM

facebook security needs to be questioned again. how can social media equal to facebook user data can leak to third party?
lehuong

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:06:44 AM

Very true face does not sell user data
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: