Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:23:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got SEO questions?  (Read 1452 times)
gracesfall (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:56:26 PM

Heya...

So a bit about me and why anyone should even listen to my advice:

I've been working as a web developer, designer, writer, and all around SEO consultant since October of 1996. I am
extremely knowledgeable about organic, on-page SEO - content optimization, code optimization, keyword research,
etc...

I am happy to answer any SEO questions you have. All I ask is that if you are happy with the information I've given
you, that you make it known here and consider tipping me.

Why am I doing it this way? I'm new. I have no cred here and I know it. So I'm starting out like this to prove that I
know what I am talking about and that I am legit.

Looking forward to your questions!

Cynthia
fligen

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 02:58:15 PM

here's one to test if you know what you're talking about.

front page of reddit gives you exactly what google juice?

gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:22:41 PM

Just at a glance, being on the front page of Reddit has several Google link juice advantages.

a. the links are dofollow, so right off the bat that passes link juice back to your site

b. being high on the front page (or on subreddit main pages, for that matter) increases the likelihood that Google will hit the site while your link is on the front page. That carries both authority weight and social weight.

c. increases the likelihood of your link being picked up by all of the Reddit scrapers out there, which will increase your backlinks, which will increase your Google link juice

d. A quick check of their robots.txt file shows that comments are not blocked from being indexed. Since Googlebot crawls the comments as well, and by extension the profile pages of all the users making comments, you effectively get a backlink from the profile page of everyone who comments on your post. A front page link on Reddit will almost always have more comments than a post buried farther in, so that increases backlinks and link juice as well.

There are others, but those are some of the big ones.

Did I pass?

Cynthia
fligen

Activity: 102

Crypto Pros

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:32:14 PM

pretty good, the boost ages out real quick as you fall off through. reddit scrapers is a good one, lots of twitter bots that retweet.

[ X ] better than fiverr SEO gig

ninjatflex

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:33:51 PM

I know some of those words.
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:52:30 PM

pretty good, the boost ages out real quick as you fall off through. reddit scrapers is a good one, lots of twitter bots that retweet.

[ X ] better than fiverr SEO gig

Thanks for vetting me Smiley

I agree about the boost aging but you can maximize the boost by timing your posts. If you check existing posts
against Google SERPs, or check Google's cache of the front page, you can get a good idea of how frequently the
front page gets crawled and try to time your posts accordingly so that IF it gets to the front page, it is more
likely to still be there the next time Google hits it.
buzybit

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:33:42 PM

one question from me

how much is google influenced when you have an google+ profile, google analytics, google adwords, structured data etc on your site
i believe that as much of them you have it prefers you...
i would like to hear a pro on this

thank you
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:45:49 PM

one question from me

how much is google influenced when you have an google+ profile, google analytics, google adwords, structured data etc on your site

thank you

Hi there Smiley

Your organic Google rankings aren't affected either way by having Google Analytics implemented on your site or by
participating in PPC with Google Adwords.

Usage of Google+ as part of your social media marketing can help, but not because it's Google+. Any social media marketing,
be it Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc... can help boost your organic rankings.

As far as structured data, since Hummingbird rolled out, Google is all about insight and anticipating what the searcher is
really looking for, so by using structured data on your website to properly identify your content, you make it easier for
Google to determine what is relevant and what isn't.

Does that help?
IamRichard

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:21:50 PM

one question from me

thank you

Just to chime in real quick.

Its great to have analytics but if you are using blackhat techniques, its best to not connect analytics. Use statcounter instead. Also, if you have crap bounce rate and time on page, avoid analytics.

Google+ is powerful, all I can say and up to you to test Wink

Structured data hasn't really picked up much steam yet, but it will in the future. I am starting to implement schema markup and will be going through a few rounds of testing
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:30:45 PM

IamRichard is right about Google+ being powerful, but it isn't powerful because it is a Google property. It's powerful
because it is social media.
Eternity

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:32:31 PM

Can you tell me what script does reddit or stackoverflow use ?

Where can i get them ?
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:39:18 PM

Where can i get them ?

Both sites use proprietary programming, I believe, but there are clone scripts out there. All you need to do is Google "reddit clone", "stack exchange clone", etc...

If you're using WordPress or Joomla, make sure to throw those into the search mix as well, i.e. "wordpress reddit clone plugin"

Cheers!

Cynthia
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:09:46 PM

Any takers? You can also email me off-board or PM me if you prefer with your questions. Also, if you *have* tipped me, please let me know so that I can thank you in here.

My e-mail is bitcoinfreebies@gmail.com

Thanks!

Cynthia
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:52:48 PM

Where can i get them ?

Both sites use proprietary programming, I believe, but there are clone scripts out there. All you need to do is Google "reddit clone", "stack exchange clone", etc...

If you're using WordPress or Joomla, make sure to throw those into the search mix as well, i.e. "wordpress reddit clone plugin"

Cheers!

Cynthia

Reddit is open source. You don't need to use a "wordpress reddit clone plugin" Wink
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:59:10 PM

I did not know Reddit was open source. That's cool Smiley But for non tech-savvy folks who want something like Reddit but don't have
the know how to install and tweak scripts, if they are running WP or Joomla, a plugin is exactly what they want Smiley Me, if I were
going to do it, I'd just use the script. Probably much more streamlined than trying to cobble together something w/ a CMS. But that
is me.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:06:32 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 03:19:59 PM by b!z

I did not know Reddit was open source. That's cool Smiley But for non tech-savvy folks who want something like Reddit but don't have
the know how to install and tweak scripts, if they are running WP or Joomla, a plugin is exactly what they want Smiley Me, if I were
going to do it, I'd just use the script. Probably much more streamlined than trying to cobble together something w/ a CMS. But that
is me.

That's probably a better way to go, unless you want to start Reddit 2.0 :-)

I sent you a PM. You can answer it here if you like :-)
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 03:25:46 PM

Biz - thanks for the PM. I sent you a reply.

I like WordPress for a lot of things. I've developed all kinds of sites with it - law firms, mom and pop, ecommerce, social, blogs (of course), even adult sites. Joomla, which I used to LOVE, is kludgier than WordPress imo.
Eternity

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:13:58 PM

Can you tell me how to set "Reddit" in total new server ?
gracesfall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 11:34:37 PM

Can you tell me how to set "Reddit" in total new server ?

Not sure what you're asking here... Can you elaborate please?
moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:51:16 PM

View the following the question in any way you wish, but only after considering the reasoning that follows:

Why do you believe a SEO consultant has any value ? Reasoning: the ones that depend on SEO are actually crap that no one cares about, or the ones that are trying to over promote their product. There are flaws in this reasoning, I'm aware of that, but I'm interested in getting some honest answer there.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: