Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many of your ANTMINERS are stuck in Mumbai that BITMAIN has generously offered a coupon for?
1 - 4 (33.3%)
2 - 4 (33.3%)
3 - 1 (8.3%)
4 - 1 (8.3%)
5+ - 2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has Antminers stuck in Mumbai?  (Read 1811 times)
kaimee (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:10:05 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 05:26:18 PM by kaimee

I have hardware gone AWOL in Mumbai. BITMAIN is the only person with access to answers but is refusing to update the community.

Let us send a message,

WE WANT ANSWERS AND WE WILL NOT BE IGNORED!

EDIT...

BITMAIN has since Been in contact with the community, apologised for the delay (although it wasn't their fault) and generously offered coupons to the affected customers. As contact/information was the goal of this poll I will lock it as I had/have no intention of trolling BITMAIN.

Roll Eyes
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:12:26 PM

why do you think that they have answers?

that plane is not only loaded with miners
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:15:17 PM

why do you think that they have answers?

that plane is not only loaded with miners
And it is not their problem after all.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:20:24 PM

Have people never had items delivered before?

How does BITMAN have all the answers to a problem WAY beyond their control.

Maybe its a language barrier that people do not understand how shipping works?
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:32:24 PM

As I said on the other thread.....most people are just selfish and can only think of now....not tomorrow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417159.msg4731812#msg4731812

Yes...lets all get together and piss off the people from UPS....you know the ones that act as the agents for Customs and have the power to look at the real value of the package.

"Oh yes, so you lost 0.1BTC. Well we just opened one of those boxes up and checked the real price on the web site. So not $120 dollars then...now just what value should I put on this Customs VAT charge...20% of what number...."

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
kaimee (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:32:38 PM

UPS will only give information to the sender, so BITMAIN is in the unfortunate position of being the only one able to get information on the delay and hopefully a delivery estimate. The problem seems to be that BITMAIN only appears when it's time to sell some more units, there is little to no after sales.

All we want is a response from the entity who has ACCESS to any sort of answers.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:33:59 PM

Then email them, thats what I have done

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:35:40 PM

UPS will only give information to the sender, so BITMAIN is in the unfortunate position of being the only one able to get information on the delay and hopefully a delivery estimate. The problem seems to be that BITMAIN only appears when it's time to sell some more units, there is little to no after sales.

All we want is a response from the entity who has ACCESS to any sort of answers.
Yes and what will be changed for you personally if you know the exact delay? And it will be estimation of course
I just do not get it?
Probably you are planning day off not to loose a second from mining time or what?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

Fly to Mumbai and get your stuff if you are worried...  I can tell you they will give you the same information as Bitmain.  The agents are telling you the same thing because you keep calling.  

Well maybe they will find out the true value of the hardware sold and you can pay the VAT after this much bitching.  I think that would be funny actually with all the "drama".

It's hard not to think people have never used Fedex or UPS before.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:16:10 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 09:59:05 PM by Gator-hex

BITMAIN will be on Chinese New Years holiday for 2 weeks.

If you try to avoid import duty by declaring lower value this kinda shit happens.

"India will not be the next big investment after China, because they learned bureaucracy from the British, and then took it to a whole new level!"
- Jim Rogers

cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

Bitmain is not responsible for this situation, unless they bought the whole UPS secretly... It's the courier's fault and fixing a plane can take ages since one loose screw can cause deaths. I'm sure UPS is hoping to get it fixed ASAP because the plane doesn't only carry miners. That ups plane has loads of other customers' parcels delay.

E-mailing bitmain is a viable way to get an answer, but only if UPS told them. Complaining bitmain doesn't make the situation goes better, moreover, it's not bit main's fault.

If you want to complain, complain UPS's policy. Im sure bitmain is getting spammed by loads of pm (including me Cheesy ).

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:35:48 PM

Bitmain is not responsible for this situation, unless they bought the whole UPS secretly... It's the courier's fault and fixing a plane can take ages since one loose screw can cause deaths. I'm sure UPS is hoping to get it fixed ASAP because the plane doesn't only carry miners. That ups plane has loads of other customers' parcels delay.

E-mailing bitmain is a viable way to get an answer, but only if UPS told them. Complaining bitmain doesn't make the situation goes better, moreover, it's not bit main's fault.

If you want to complain, complain UPS's policy. Im sure bitmain is getting spammed by loads of pm (including me Cheesy ).

The reason why people are worried, is that its not UPS's policy to hold goods on the ground in a broken aircraft, they have standby aircraft to resolve this sort of issue pronto. In any normal situation they should have offloaded the shipments from the broken plane onto a new plane by now and it should have been airborne and on its way two days ago.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

The reason why people are worried, is that its not UPS's policy to hold goods on the ground in a broken aircraft, they have standby aircraft to resolve this sort of issue pronto. In any normal situation they should have offloaded the shipments from the broken plane onto a new plane by now and it should have been airborne and on its way two days ago.

Your assumption is that the aircraft is available and in Mumbai, the spare aircraft could be in the US and take 24 hours to get to Mumbai. There is also a weekend in the way and the ground crew to move the packages may not be available. Logistics is not as simple 'as there is a spare'.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
kaimee (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:02:55 PM

Received an update from UPS.

Shipment is released and in transit.
Expected delivery MONDAY.
 Smiley
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:12:52 AM

well, i have 1 rig missing so you can add me to the list.

although i dont know if its stuck in mumbai or if bitmain only shipped 1 as BOTH HAD THE SAME TRACKING NUMBER, and ALL MAILS/PM'S remain unanswered.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: