Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Quick Poll : Do you believe that the merit system is sufficient for not only reducing spam in the forums but to truly increase quality?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Improving Quality  (Read 276 times)
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:59:24 PM

I mostly agree with what you wrote, but these lines, are exactly my thoughts.

It is still very rare to find a discussion which is not highly technical in focus that is of a somewhat decent quality. I would love to have a good debate about, for instance, the economic, social, financial, ecosystem etc. impact of bitcoin and crypto-currencies, but very quickly every topic gets flooded with one liners, empty statements withouth any reasoning, and often not even connected in any way to the topic of the thread.

Once I had a discussion at a thread with Bitmover about the electricity consumption of Bitcoin, and how big of a problem that is. However that thread was locked, and I dont know where could we further discuss that.

If anyone knows what part of this forum would be the right place to open a thread about it, please let me know.

Or you can discuss it on the mining thread, because electric consumption is one of important aspect in mining bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:07:03 PM

Do you think that merit has improved the quality of the posts? Go look at the politics and society thread, or look here in the meta section to see everyone complaining about meta.

I personally don't think merit has done anything
I think you are right. Forum are still full of spam. I think there are two main reasons why:
Many users already had high enough rank when Merit was introduced. They don't care about Merit, quality of posts and etc, they just continue to spam.
New users can participate in signature bounties without getting Merit, they just need to reach Jr. Member rank. Jr. Members can't wear clickable signatures but many bounties accept these users. With low ranked account they will earn less from bounties but they can just create multiple accounts and then join bounties to earn more.

coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:31:06 AM

People who are fine doing twitter and fb bounties can pump their accounts and get their stake based on followers. If both social networks will really start to ban people for ICO promoting, we will see signature campaign attractiveness. Until now it is just small part of the bounty. People doing social media bounties, referral programs, and airdrops will continue to spam this forum.

doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:35:47 PM

Some users have suggested that a up vote could be introduced which would show that they appreciate the post but, don't think it's worth a merit. The only thing with Stack exchanges system it wouldn't likely work at this forum. Stackexchange is primary used for asking and answering questions. But, this forum is much more complicated than that, and there's probably no real incentive of having an alternate account on stackexchange where here there's multiple reasons why someone may have an alt.

This opens the possibility of abuse, but not only from alt accounts. A lot of people have made a lot of enemies around here specifically those who point out scams and would be targeted by these down votes. This is also why a lot of people including myself are against the idea of a demerit.

I think if we ever introduce a system like this it would have to be limited to a 'like' and you could like a post. Honestly though, I don't think it's a big priority and there's probably better things to worry about.

I definitely agree with you, this demerit program is a little too from what we need here in this forum to improve our quality post to avoid spamming, what you have said that anyone could demerit you is a disadvantage of the demerit system. The Merit System is enough I could say, because there is a lot of people complaining in this forum that they are having a hard time getting merits, meaning they should do more hard works for them to earn one.

They are not going to rank up if they are not going to change themselves, this merit system is like pushing them to make their best and be more productive than before.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:35:23 PM

People who are fine doing twitter and fb bounties can pump their accounts and get their stake based on followers. If both social networks will really start to ban people for ICO promoting, we will see signature campaign attractiveness. Until now it is just small part of the bounty. People doing social media bounties, referral programs, and airdrops will continue to spam this forum.

Even your answer also will be consider as spam man, because we see more replies like you same here. I mean in the same thread. If you want to get the payment in signature or bounty you have to maintain some post quality.

I do not believe about the SMAS and merits at all because If anyone had the wrong turn with the manager they just pissed on SMAS and merits are now using as trading tool and exchanging it each other.
We must need a personal dignity to stop the spamming in this forum. I suggest to reach all the thread and learn many things.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: