Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:08:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get into mining bitcoin as a beginner?.  (Read 166 times)
Favysmart2211 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 09:12:20 PM

How can one get into mining bitcoin, is it necessary for a beginner?.
pthomas

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:15:05 PM

Mining can be as easy or as complicated as you like.

If you want to mine Bitcoin then there is most probably no point as you will not have a machine good enough to give you decent returns more than likely.

If you want to mine alts you can do this through an program which would run on your pc.

Most important question is what will you be using to mine really!
Favysmart2211 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 09:35:43 PM

Wow.. It then means mining altcoins is relatively easier than bitcoin and cost little?.
Fenya96

Activity: 264
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:09:23 PM

To mine BTC you have to buy an ASIC miner, an Antminer S9. It is quite expensive, hard to get, and also very loud. To mine alts you can use your PC's CPU or GPU, but that is not profitable at all. To become profitable, you have to invest a little bit of money, and build a mining rig yourself. On the other hand there is cloud mining (which I don't recommend). Then a company (most of them are scams) owns the equipment, and you "rent" the hashing power. Genesis Mining is the most known, and best service out there.

HYDAX GRID TRADINGBOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
ExchangeOTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ ListingCommunity
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:26:16 PM

Wow.. It then means mining altcoins is relatively easier than bitcoin and cost little?.

Are you interested in the technology behind bitcoin or do you want to make money? If it's the latter, don't bother with bitcoin. There are other coins that follow the same principle, but that can't be mined with ASICs.
That said, it does not hurt to have a look at bitcoin since it's the original and to learn about it will help you to understand the crypto topic as a whole.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:23:28 AM

Choosing whether or not to mine is an investment decision that crypto enthusiasts face. When considering crypto mining, you have to acknowledge all of the pros and cons. We touch on those a bit more in our blog post about Mining so check it out  Smiley

http://bit.ly/CryptoMining101

Good luck!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3279

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:04:25 AM

Minig is generally not for beginners. If you want to give it a try, you can try mining altcoins with your PC's graphics card, but you still need a decent card.

Mining bitcoins requires special equipment. Start with altcoins.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:41:22 AM

Hello Favysmart2211,

Before you start mining we suggest you get a good overview of all the costs it would take to start with this adventure. The start-up costs of a Mining farm for example, are huge and its effectivity depend entirely on what kind of mining devices you will decide to buy. In case you just want to buy a single mining rig you need to carefully check if it is still worth the investement when mining for bitcoin. Probably it will be wisest to mine for altcoins rather than bitcoin but you will have to calculate that yourself.

As second step you should check out the current electricity prices of the location you plan on installing the mining rig(s). Now that you know the fixed costs and variable costs you can choose if it is still wise to invest in bitcoin or another coin. If you decide that mining for bitcoin will not be profitable enough for you, you should check out the folowing website here. This website can help you figure which coins will be suitable for your set-up.

Good luck with your mining adventure!

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
Favysmart2211 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:48:11 AM

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post, i think have gained Some knowledge in mining. Benefits and cons would be considered.
andrei.dr

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:43:06 PM

Hello,

Of course is not necessary, but I will recommend starting with altcoins mining.
The costs are infinitely smaller and the returns are decent.
You can make your own research and see for yourself.

Best of luck!
geopard

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:38:19 AM

Nowadays it is better to mine litecoin than bitcoin itself will be more profit.If you want bitcoin you can always exchange altcoins for bitcoins.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
F$m@nia

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:14:41 PM

Nowadays it is better to mine litecoin than bitcoin itself will be more profit.If you want bitcoin you can always exchange altcoins for bitcoins.
right! because bitcoin mining has been difficult and less profiatble nowadays.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:59:11 PM

First of all, realise that mining is a serious business now and we should leave it for them who treat it in that level of proficiency. If you are really interested in conducting mining activity as a business then I would recommend you to invest your time before investing your money and read as much as you can and explore the pros and cons of it. Do not waste your time on concepts like cloud mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: