Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ¿Is it possible to harvest the reward of the genesis block?  (Read 105 times)
greenpen19 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:20:42 PM

Hey guys!!!
So i'm working on an Altcoin which is a fork of litecoin, and the thing its that i want to harvest every single coin/token in the first block mined or give the value of the genesis block to be the total of the money.
So i had two ideas that didn't go well.

My first idea was to give the value of the genesis block to be the total of the money that could be created and establish the mine reward to be 0, then take control off the wallet that received the reward. But after mine the genesis block i come to the conclusion that the genesis block is assigned to a random wallet that i don't know how to take control of it. Also i was reading the bit-coin wiki and there they establish that the genesis block value cant be spend it or use it, by the way if there are some way to take the control of that wallet would be awesome if someone knows how to do it.

My second idea was to establish the mine reward to be the total of the money that could be created, i thought that if all the money was harvested on the first mine the AltCoin would stop giving rewards but in fact despite having harvested all the total money that i defined on main.h it continued giving the same reward surpassing the limit that i established

And there is my last idea change the halvered count to one so after mine one block it would divide the reward to a very small number but it looks like it dont mine anymore.

So i have a few questions:
The first is if its necessary to give a reward for mine the block because, the first thing on a block to be registered its the reward to the miners
And the other one is if exist a way to take the control of a particular wallet which don't have a private key

Salute to everyone and have a good day!!!(BTW English is not my first language so sorry if i wrote this so bad Cheesy)
greenpen19 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:57:07 AM

up!!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:13:29 PM

what you read about bitcoin or any other altcoin is their rules. so when the bitcoin wiki says you can't spend genesis block reward it means you can't spend it "in bitcoin".

but when you create a fork, you are basically adding/removing/changing rules. the same way you can change the rules that make the block size bigger or smaller or faster, you can also change the rules and make that particular reward spendable.
there really isn't any difference between genesis block and any other block when it comes to their reward. for instance bitcoin's genesis block reward was 50BTC sent to this address: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
so you can have the private key of that address and also you can remove the part in the code which rejects the transaction spending this reward.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
greenpen19 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:54:55 PM

what you read about bitcoin or any other altcoin is their rules. so when the bitcoin wiki says you can't spend genesis block reward it means you can't spend it "in bitcoin".

but when you create a fork, you are basically adding/removing/changing rules. the same way you can change the rules that make the block size bigger or smaller or faster, you can also change the rules and make that particular reward spendable.
there really isn't any difference between genesis block and any other block when it comes to their reward. for instance bitcoin's genesis block reward was 50BTC sent to this address: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
so you can have the private key of that address and also you can remove the part in the code which rejects the transaction spending this reward.
So there is actually a way to create a wallet with the public key that you want, for example the direction which received the reward from the genesis block?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: