Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:47:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e USD deposits via international wire from US  (Read 2573 times)
smfuser (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:49:23 PM

Can anyone please comment on experiences wiring USD to BTC-e from a US bank (using the most recent bank information)?

Did you encounter any problems (e.g., because the wire is from a US bank account, or for any other reason)?

The home page states "Addition USD deposits within 24 hour".  However, the wire instructions state "Funds will be credited within 3-7 days", which seems contradictory.  How long have such wires actually taken recently?

The instructions also state "Our bank may ask your documents due to a high fraud activity."  However, I'm unclear how likely such a request is, e.g., is it automatic over certain dollar limits, or only required if unusual "fraud indicators" are present?.  Can anyone who has received such a request comment on the time to approve the documents?  Has anyone tried submitting documents before any deposit, to avoid potential future delays?

Despite the 1% fee for wire deposits, I assume that all other USD deposit options are even more expensive (and/or not even available for US residents), but if I'm misunderstanding, please let me know.

I've asked BTC-e support questions about the above (using their Kayako ticket system), but haven't received any reply yet.  Does anyone know what days/hours BTC-e answers support tickets (such as reviewing documents required by their bank), and how long they normally take to reply?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rob768

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:32:55 PM

I would like this answered as well.
meelos

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:07:27 PM

Yep, major problem for me. BTC-E are not crediting deposits via wire transfer. They've been holding my money since October 15th and aren't responding to support tickets despite me sending in documentation.

See this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334039.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: