Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most valuable perk of bitcoin?  (Read 633 times)
Sopap (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:19:26 PM

As a bitcoin user, I've realized that the things I've come to value the most about bitcoin are the fact that it is decentralized and not linked to any federal bank and the low transaction fees. However, I've also come to realize that many people use bitcoin for its anonymity. So my question to the forum is the following: what do you value the most about bitcoin? Of all its perks which one would be a major turn-off if it was to be taken away.

In my opinion, the anonymity acts as a double edge sword as governments make the plausible argument that it can lead to terrorist attacks and users losing their wealth in the blink of an eye.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:26:11 PM

it's a huge hedge against economic hyper inflation, which we will sooner or later experience... gold and other commodities are too, but BTC is unique in that storing it does not require you to take up physical space... which means it can be directly used/transferred across the world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: