Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Lottery  (Read 2215 times)
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:22:10 PM

I am finally making use of http://www.btclottery.info/

You enter your address and email and I email you if you win. (You don't need to answer the email to collect the btc)
I will use random.org
The site will be powered by ads to get your ad on the site it costs .30 BTC a month pm me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pandemic

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:30:41 PM

I entered. Note, should be you're in rather than your in.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:31:14 PM

I entered. Note, should be you're in rather than your in.
thanks, will fix
Yuusha

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:40:29 PM

Great idea. How much do you win? Is it based on how much advertising revenue you make, or is it a fixed value?
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:41:34 PM

Great idea. How much do you win? Is it based on how much advertising revenue you make, or is it a fixed value?
Revenue, I take 5% rest goes to the pot
runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 05:44:40 PM

aight, entered.

do we have to enter EVERY week? just wondering.

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 05:46:04 PM

aight, entered.

do we have to enter EVERY week? just wondering.
yes
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:05:02 PM

How do you prevent multiple requests by one person?

It is quite difficult task. If you cannot do this most probably your service will go bankrupt after few days.
I spent about a month to write a heuristic statistical analyzer that detects fraudulent behavior and it already rejected thousands suspicious requests on my site, but even so it doesn't give 100% probability. Checking e-mail and IP is not enough definitely.

Technical savvy user can easily cheat you by registering many emails and requesting ticket via proxy or TOR node, diluting winning chance of legitimate users.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:12:27 PM

It is quite difficult task. If you cannot do this most probably your service will go bankrupt after few days.
I spent about a month to write a heuristic statistical analyzer that detects fraudulent behavior and it already rejected thousands suspicious requests on my site, but even so it doesn't give 100% probability. Checking e-mail and IP is not enough definitely.

Technical savvy user can easily cheat you by registering many emails and requesting ticket via proxy or TOR node, diluting winning chance of legitimate users.
I don't think people will make up a fake email just to have a chance at winning..
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:13:18 PM

It's ran by ads, so the more hits the better.

TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:15:08 PM

They actually pay monthly..lol
NothinG

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:17:21 PM

They actually pay monthly..lol
Just re-read your first post.
I'll drop you a PM Smiley
Need to get my site out there a bit.

Yuusha

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:18:46 PM

Bankrupt? How? Do you even understand how this lottery works?
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:40:20 PM

I don't think people will make up a fake email just to have a chance at winning..
People will not, but robots can do this easy.

These hits are worthless, advertisers want that real people see their ads not bots or cheaters.

Bankrupt? How? Do you even understand how this lottery works?
I good understand. If you don't provide enough bot and cheater protection, no advertiser will want to place ad on your site.

P.S. I am running ad sponsored faucet and can tell you that there were few hundreds attempts to cheat me and get a ridiculous amount of 0.0005 BTC or even less.
NothinG

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:50:10 PM

These hits are worthless, advertisers want that real people see their ads not bots or cheaters.
Yeah, after I re-read the first post...it's people like me that pay for the ads. xD
I figured it was someone like Google.

geek-trader

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 09:56:52 PM

I signed up.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
Yuusha

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:04:10 PM

Really, all that would be necessary to protect against cheating is:

1. A captcha
2. Not allowing emails from disposable email address sites
3. Possibly IP checks, also check if IP is a known proxy IP

There would still be some cheating, but that's simply something that you'd have to live with. It wouldn't affect advertisers, as even though there are bots, there would still be the same amount of real people.

I really don't see what the problem is.
giantdragon
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:12:12 PM

1. A captcha

My faucet have implemented similar methods, but despite this few hundred cheating attempts was prevented using additional statistical algorithm. If I would checked ONLY with methods you described above my faucet would be dry now.
Yuusha

View Profile
August 01, 2011, 10:14:34 PM

1. A captcha

My faucet has all this, but despite this few hundred cheating attempts was prevented using additional statistical algorithm. If I would checked ONLY with methods you described above my faucet would be dry now.
Yes, but your faucet is a whole different deal. Every time someone cheats, you lose money. That is not the case with this site, so preventing it is not as important. The only way this could harm the site is if there was A LOT of cheating, leading to it becoming almost impossible for someone who is not using bots to win, meaning almost no real people would visit the site, making it an undesirable site to advertise on.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:58:47 PM

To continue the fight on fake entries, starting next round it will be required to confirm your winnings by email. Some of the emails looked phony. Remember I do this all by hand I see every email myself, but I will never share them with anyone.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: