Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:24:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG i got problem. With sending BTC to wrong adresse  (Read 1466 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 12:57:53 AM

LaudaM - Interesting - you're the one who poo pooed the suggestion that he contact the receiver....
Now your saying you would return them if you were contacted. Which LaudaM to believe... hmmm.
Obviously what I tell him to do, and what I would do are not the same.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:49:32 AM

Yea.. Um your btc is gone Sad sorry to hear. Maybe send them a message!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:14:26 AM

same could be done within a small radius for the $100.

And I have done.  So what's the question again?

However, my comment had nothing to do with "finding money" anyhow.

It was very specifically about "receiving money accidentally" that isn't intended for you:

I would try and send a message to that address and see if they'll send them back to you.
You're trying to tell me if you received bitcoin by mistake that you would return them?

Yes.  I'm not a thief.  Are you?
thatcanbedone

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:28:20 AM

Very sorry to say that. You cannot recover what you have lost.

Come up with more confidence.
randyshan

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:39:50 AM

poor boy. Be careful next time.
cryptoguides

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:50:04 AM

I think you will never see the coin again.. Just be careful next time.. it is a reminder for me to be careful when I know more about bit coin..
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

Okay mister I'm not a thief.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:23:05 PM

Good day, i have problem i have send request for BTC from mining.bitcoin.cz and i have writed wrong BTC wallet!
Now my payment is Here: http://blockchain.info/address/1Mgdmbi7L6zPTLohRZezAbK8yo86HcF8N5

How i can fix this and send this amount to my wallet?

my new wallet: 1BV5qFp3pRknjUbz7qUjWf4vtQEi3doJxa

is this impossible. please help me.

How much did you sent? Just curious..

freakying99

Activity: 429

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:48:17 PM

Good day, i have problem i have send request for BTC from mining.bitcoin.cz and i have writed wrong BTC wallet!
Now my payment is Here: http://blockchain.info/address/1Mgdmbi7L6zPTLohRZezAbK8yo86HcF8N5

How it come you had in clipboard wrong BTC address? The receiver address seems like donation address or payouts from free faucets
MarketTime

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:01:26 PM

There is nothing much you can do, double check next time...
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:01:42 PM

No, you can see where the coin came from (unless it came from an exchange or mixer).
You could even communicate with the person, sending messages at blockchain.info.
Sad to hear that so many people would just take it, even when the person writing you about it.
If you have time to waste trying to find the owner of the coin(s), that's your thing. Some peoples time is valuable.
If I got contacted then I'd return them.
This. I would at least expect the owner to send a small transaction with a message to that addresss. I would be more than willing to give it back.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

Okay mister I'm not a thief.

I never said you were.  I simply stated that I wasn't when you asked:

You're trying to tell me if you received bitcoin by mistake that you would return them?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:28:26 PM

I never said you were. 
I know. I'm just kidding. I do believe however if you did such a good thing, that another good thing would happen to you in live.
Karma maybe?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:00:13 PM

If you have manually input the wrong address, then there is not really anything you can do

Eh. when i copy my BTC wallet there was one address but now there is secound. Ok thanks maybe i don't check that carefully.
Thanks anyway Wink

People responding..... above was OP's last post (his 2nd). It sounds like he saw the new/auto-generated address as "his address" in the client, not realizing that his previous address was still his as well.

Or not..... but that's how I read it.
Authentic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:07:33 PM

As others have told you, it's going to be very difficult for you to recover the money if you don't know who did you send it to.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 07:13:39 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 12:31:14 AM by BurtW

OK, I see 5 payments to this address totally 0.47119388.  The most recent payment of 0.47054428 is from your mining pool.  The other four inputs all happened back in July are are very small "dust" payments to this address.  Do you remeber getting three very small (faucet?) payments in July?

It sounds like you set up your mining payments to go to this address.  Do you know anything about this address?  Specifically you said that 1BV5qFp3pRknjUbz7qUjWf4vtQEi3doJxa is your new wallet.  Is 1Mgdmbi7L6zPTLohRZezAbK8yo86HcF8N5 your old wallet?

If 1Mgdmbi7L6zPTLohRZezAbK8yo86HcF8N5 is your old wallet and you have a backup or copy of your old wallet then you might be able to recover these coins and put them into your new wallet.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:33:17 PM

This has happened to me before.  Instead of copying my own wallet address, I copied a faucet's wallet address and sent 0.1 ish BTC to it, I was heartbroken lol.
Now, I paste it somewhere else, check if it's correct, before sending.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: