Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:48:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG i got problem. With sending BTC to wrong adresse  (Read 1466 times)
agrisdul (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:33:43 PM

Good day, i have problem i have send request for BTC from mining.bitcoin.cz and i have writed wrong BTC wallet!
Now my payment is Here: http://blockchain.info/address/1Mgdmbi7L6zPTLohRZezAbK8yo86HcF8N5

How i can fix this and send this amount to my wallet?

my new wallet: 1BV5qFp3pRknjUbz7qUjWf4vtQEi3doJxa

is this impossible. please help me.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:35:12 PM

If you have manually input the wrong address, then there is not really anything you can do

agrisdul (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:40:47 PM

If you have manually input the wrong address, then there is not really anything you can do

Eh. when i copy my BTC wallet there was one address but now there is secound. Ok thanks maybe i don't check that carefully.
Thanks anyway Wink
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:44:04 PM

Did you send it to someone else's address or did you sent it to the wrong (but your own) address? If it's the first case, you won't get them back.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:47:17 PM

If it's the wrong address you might be SOL. I'm guessing there's no way you can contact someone baed on address is there?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:48:50 PM

If it's the wrong address you might be SOL. I'm guessing there's no way you can contact someone baed on address is there?
No. Bitcoin is anonymous. Unless it's an address which is publicly known, you're most likely never gonna find the real owner.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:50:08 PM

I would try and send a message to that address and see if they'll send them back to you.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:52:56 PM

I would try and send a message to that address and see if they'll send them back to you.
You're trying to tell me if you received bitcoin by mistake that you would return them?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
irpirate

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:57:31 PM

You're trying to tell me if you received bitcoin by mistake that you would return them?

Some might do. At least partially. Personally, i wouldn't but that's a whole nother story  Tongue
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:02:54 PM

Hi, you cannot reverse the payment, especially when this transaction is confirmed.
Perhaps your computer got hacked, basically, whenever you copy, it always makes you paste the hacker's address.  I doubt that happened, you just inputted the wrong address.  Oh well, too bad.  Undecided
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:04:12 PM

Yes.  I'm not a thief.  Are you?
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:16:27 PM

but how will you know who  sent them?
bitcoin is anonymous after all Cheesy

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:34:41 PM

but how will you know who  sent them?
bitcoin is anonymous after all Cheesy

Depends on how they were sent to me.

In this particular case, I could have the mining pool offer proof that the bitcoins were sent from them.  Then I could send them back to the mining pool, and they could re-credit the OP's account.

Since the mining pool owns the address, they can provide a digital signature proving that they control the address.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

You find a $100 in the street. You take it. Are you a thief? Huh.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dudebit

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:57:19 PM

You see someone drop $100 on the street, do you take it?
or pick it up ant tap grandma on the shoulder and say "I believe you dropped this..."

Your analogy comparing an untrackable $100 to the misdirected coin is not entirely relevant.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 11:01:51 PM

You see someone drop $100 on the street, do you take it?
or pick it up ant tap grandma on the shoulder and say "I believe you dropped this..."

Your analogy comparing an untrackable $100 to the misdirected coin is not entirely relevant.
The coins are untraceable too. Unless you go around asking and doing research about the address, same could be done within a small radius for the $100.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:07:22 PM

The coins are untraceable too. Unless you go around asking and doing research about the address, same could be done within a small radius for the $100.

No, you can see where the coin came from (unless it came from an exchange or mixer).
You could even communicate with the person, sending messages at blockchain.info.
Sad to hear that so many people would just take it, even when the person writing you about it.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 11:47:42 PM

No, you can see where the coin came from (unless it came from an exchange or mixer).
You could even communicate with the person, sending messages at blockchain.info.
Sad to hear that so many people would just take it, even when the person writing you about it.
If you have time to waste trying to find the owner of the coin(s), that's your thing. Some peoples time is valuable.
If I got contacted then I'd return them.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:10:07 AM

Your btc is gone. Be more careful next time
dudebit

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:18:59 AM

If you have time to waste trying to find the owner of the coin(s), that's your thing. Some peoples time is valuable.
If I got contacted then I'd return them.

LaudaM - Interesting - you're the one who poo pooed the suggestion that he contact the receiver....
Now your saying you would return them if you were contacted. Which LaudaM to believe... hmmm.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: