Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:31:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Billionaire Dies  (Read 426 times)
llanaio

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:03:15 AM

XRP is deeply embedded in the banking system since its use case is to replace the antiquated SWIFT banking system. In the most technical terms it is a cryptocurrency, in that it is a currency that is not issued by a government and is secured by cryptographic hashes. However, many in crypto don't consider it a true crypto because it is not decentralized and transactions can be charged-back by the centralized owner. There are a few other negatives as well for investors in that the company Ripple was funded by sales of XRP, and is doing very well, but many of it's products do not use the XRP token at all. Only their XRapid product needs it. One of 5 product lines for them, I think.  XRP is sort of the Uncle Tom of cryptos given its close relation to the existing banking system. But perhaps it's a bridge to bring the real world closer to crypto, who knows?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:56:32 PM

xrp is a disgrace to the crypto world.  It's not a real crypto coin just like others in his thread have stated.  It shouldn't even be listed on coinmarketcap.  It's just some guy's excel spreadsheet.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 10:53:31 PM

Matthew Mellon, the billionaire banking heir, died suddenly while taking a rehab at a facility in Mexico at just the age of 53. He is a businessman, billionaire banking heir, who was a chairman of New York's Republican State's committee. The reason why people acknowledged his fortunes through cryptocurrency is that last February of this year, he invested $2 million dollars in a cryptocurrency XRP, which is widely known (by crypto fanatics) as XRP and managed to turn that investment into a $1 billion fortune.

Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins? This guy is a banking heir of Mellon Bank which is now called Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and became interested to invest his millions with a less popular coin compare to Bitcoin.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/billionaire-matthew-mellon-ex-husband-of-jimmy-choos-tamara-mellon-dies-in-mexican-rehab-report/ar-AAvYL3x?li=BBr8Mkn&ocid=TSHDHP
Probably another illuminati cease and decease operation wherein they would erase any personalities they wish. The banking industry is owned and operated by the illuminati and is used to manipulate or control the world's economic stability. Mellon's case may have actually been influenced by the illuminati in so many ways.
fernandoaleixo

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 03:01:03 PM

XRP is not a cryptocurrency.

Ripple does the same thing as cryptocurrencies, a security protocol for payments that do not demand trust. Indeed it's not blockchain and it's not decentralized, but for all the means it works like cryptocurrencies and is often within other alt-coins, that's what I understood of Ripple when I first encountered it.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:47:48 PM

Bank First Bank in Oman to Join RippleNet for Instant Blockchain Payments, this step will allow BankDhofar to provide instant, friction and secure cross-border transfers in seconds, with end-to-end visibility during payment journey.
is there still not sure if XRP is coin crypto currency?

I am still sure it is not a cryptocurrency.

Ripple does the same thing as cryptocurrencies, a security protocol for payments that do not demand trust. Indeed it's not blockchain and it's not decentralized, but for all the means it works like cryptocurrencies and is often within other alt-coins, that's what I understood of Ripple when I first encountered it.

I have a bit of a problem with these two contradictions in your post.
If it is centralized then trust in it is centralized, therefor you need to trust some group of people.

And if doesn't use a blockchain and it isn't decentralized, it really has no place to be called a cryptocurrency.

A cryptocurrency needs to be decentralized and open source in my opinion. Anything else is simply not a cryptocurrency.
There is not a lot of difference between Ripple and online banking. Online banking uses cryptography as well and has a certain security protocol.
It just isn't a cryptocurrency, it is a digital currency.

If something is more like a conventional banking system than Bitcoin, then you can make your own conclusion on what it should be called.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: