Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:15:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Billionaire Dies  (Read 426 times)
dx_twisted (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:24:12 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Matthew Mellon, the billionaire banking heir, died suddenly while taking a rehab at a facility in Mexico at just the age of 53. He is a businessman, billionaire banking heir, who was a chairman of New York's Republican State's committee. The reason why people acknowledged his fortunes through cryptocurrency is that last February of this year, he invested $2 million dollars in a cryptocurrency XRP, which is widely known (by crypto fanatics) as XRP and managed to turn that investment into a $1 billion fortune.

Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins? This guy is a banking heir of Mellon Bank which is now called Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and became interested to invest his millions with a less popular coin compare to Bitcoin.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/billionaire-matthew-mellon-ex-husband-of-jimmy-choos-tamara-mellon-dies-in-mexican-rehab-report/ar-AAvYL3x?li=BBr8Mkn&ocid=TSHDHP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:43:03 AM

-snip
Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins?
-snip-

Probably because there's a lot of FUD. Even in my local news channel, the number of 'bad news' about crypto is many times greater than the good one. Not only that, the laziness to crosscheck information in my countries is great too.

So sad to hear Matthew Mellon died in the process of trying to get rid his addiction to oxycontin.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:52:36 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

XRP is not a cryptocurrency.
dx_twisted (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:11:45 PM
Merited by Vod (2)

How can you say that? And from what site did you learn that Ripple (XRP) is not a cryptocurrency? I do know that it is a system created specifically for financial institutions while its coin (token) was given birth through ICO, when they were just gathering funds for the project. Anyways, to enlighten you, just visit its wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)
DefDope66

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:44:58 PM

-snip
Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins?
-snip-

Probably because there's a lot of FUD. Even in my local news channel, the number of 'bad news' about crypto is many times greater than the good one. Not only that, the laziness to crosscheck information in my countries is great too.

Seems to be how the news reports things generally. I am most depressed when I keep up on the news and there is no wonder why. Positive stories are outnumbered 10-1.

Sad to hear about Mellon.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6832

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:06:46 PM

The media are a bunch of sloppy idiots--I read that he died on the way to a rehab and then that he died while AT rehab.  There's a big difference in what people can infer from each scenario without knowing anything else.  I suspect that he died before he actually got to treatment, which in my mind means he probably died of an overdose.  People going into rehab very often go on a drug/alcohol bender, since they always think it's the last time they're ever going to use substances.

But I'd need a follow up article on him to know for sure, and I'm sure the media won't do us the courtesy of writing one.

He blamed his doctors for his Oxycontin addiction, which I don't agree with.  The man sounded like a typical egomaniac type-A personality with a drug addiction attached--blaming everyone else for his problems...but whatever.  Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the sunshine this morning.  Rest in peace, Ripple billionaire.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:06:15 PM

How can you say that? And from what site did you learn that Ripple (XRP) is not a cryptocurrency? I do know that it is a system created specifically for financial institutions while its coin (token) was given birth through ICO, when they were just gathering funds for the project. Anyways, to enlighten you, just visit its wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_(payment_protocol)

I can say that because they have no proof of work algorithm. Proof of stake coins have no use of a blockchain and are as much cryptocurrencies as fiat would be if banks published all the transactions for everyone to see every 10 minutes.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:45:33 PM

Matthew Mellon, the billionaire banking heir, died suddenly while taking a rehab at a facility in Mexico at just the age of 53. He is a businessman, billionaire banking heir, who was a chairman of New York's Republican State's committee. The reason why people acknowledged his fortunes through cryptocurrency is that last February of this year, he invested $2 million dollars in a cryptocurrency XRP, which is widely known (by crypto fanatics) as XRP and managed to turn that investment into a $1 billion fortune.

Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins? This guy is a banking heir of Mellon Bank which is now called Bank of New York Mellon Corporation and became interested to invest his millions with a less popular coin compare to Bitcoin.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/billionaire-matthew-mellon-ex-husband-of-jimmy-choos-tamara-mellon-dies-in-mexican-rehab-report/ar-AAvYL3x?li=BBr8Mkn&ocid=TSHDHP

"Now, why there are still a lot of Cryptocurrency people believing that financial institutions such as banks and governments were against of Bitcoin and Altcoins?" - XRP is a known bankster crypto. This while the banksters have hijacked the Bitcoin name with their Segwit hack and are now trying to push us into bankster run third party side chains with the so called Lightning Network.
dimitriaustralia

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 06:00:09 PM

99% of all the bitcoin is owned by 1% of all the users.

Bitcoin is an improvement to the monetary system only in efficiency. The main issue of the previous fiat currencies is more abundant in Bitcoin which is the concentration of the elites wealth making all other users slaves for the system.
Fair distribution and manipulation proof are the most important elements needed.

www.bitcoinb.io
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:57:38 PM

Is not a true crypto, just a guy´s private chain.
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:58:55 PM

Bitcoin is an improvement to the monetary system only in efficiency. The main issue of the previous fiat currencies is more abundant in Bitcoin which is the concentration of the elites wealth making all other users slaves for the system.
Fair distribution and manipulation proof are the most important elements needed.

www.bitcoinb.io

How did you get to those numbers? I mean, we are used to statements without proof in the forum, but also used to ignore them
paxmao
Legendary

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:00:05 PM

The media are a bunch of sloppy idiots--I read that he died on the way to a rehab and then that he died while AT rehab.  There's a big difference in what people can infer from each scenario without knowing anything else.  I suspect that he died before he actually got to treatment, which in my mind means he probably died of an overdose.  People going into rehab very often go on a drug/alcohol bender, since they always think it's the last time they're ever going to use substances.

But I'd need a follow up article on him to know for sure, and I'm sure the media won't do us the courtesy of writing one.

He blamed his doctors for his Oxycontin addiction, which I don't agree with.  The man sounded like a typical egomaniac type-A personality with a drug addiction attached--blaming everyone else for his problems...but whatever.  Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the sunshine this morning.  Rest in peace, Ripple billionaire.

He found the great equalizer.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:39:16 PM

It is likely that a person involved in the banking business decides to invest in cryptocurrencies on a personal basis, but that does not mean that his bank is investing in cryptocurrencies in an institutional way.

It is well known that businessmen and politicians have no scruples, and will always be willing to publicly criticize something that is forbidden by law, while in secret they will always be willing to make a lot of money by getting involved in non-permitted business.

These men do not know moral, only money, and will always be willing to do everything possible to obtain it.
margarita_free

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

Good community manager for your blockchain project

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:36:59 AM

When i read posts, like that, i remember movie, which name is In Time with Justin Timberlake.
And, of course, sometimes thinking, that persons with so much time is really exist.
R.I.P.  Matthew Mellon
nasuha

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:12:16 PM

Bitcoin futures were already offered on some unregulated cryptocurrency exchanges outside, but backers said market debut would confer greater legitimacy on the volatile cryptocurrency and encourage its wider use.
RIP MATTHEW MELLON ..
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:43:18 AM

When i read posts, like that, i remember movie, which name is In Time with Justin Timberlake.
And, of course, sometimes thinking, that persons with so much time is really exist.
R.I.P.  Matthew Mellon

Seen that movie. Moral of the story: even if you have billions of money, you cannot escape death & having billions of life wont either. If they want to embrace, bitcoin or not it is their choice. Life is a matter choice and you make your own future.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:22:27 AM

www.bitcoinb.io

This is a lie that has been repeated thanks to the transparency and anonymity provided by Bitcoin. Having few addresses with many Bitcoin just means that we have many currencies in exchanges.

Now, of course, those who have subsidized development, and bet that Bitcoin would have value in the future, have a significant amount today.

But this is the result of a capitalist economy.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:07:50 AM

Because Ripple is not a decentralized Cryptocurrency. They like this sort of thing.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:19:56 PM

Bank First Bank in Oman to Join RippleNet for Instant Blockchain Payments, this step will allow BankDhofar to provide instant, friction and secure cross-border transfers in seconds, with end-to-end visibility during payment journey.
is there still not sure if XRP is coin crypto currency?
JungleBadman

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:14:44 PM

I wonder what will happen to his XRP fortune  Cheesy. It's not that all bankers hate crypto and want to see it burn, and even the ones that do can see an opportunity to make profit and want to take it. The problem is with banks not being able to keep up with technology and trying to keep control of an old inefficient system.

All you need to do is take a look at what happened to the music industry because they tried to stick their head in the sand and pretend Napster didn't exist. Didn't turn out too well for them. Banks will have to get with the times and embrace crypto, even if it means releasing their own centralized versions, or their days will be numbered.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: