Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's your favorite stablecoin??
Tether
Makerdao
Havven
Basecoin

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle of the stablecoins  (Read 295 times)
gregall (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:47:16 AM

Lots of talk lately about stablecoins. What's your favorite?? IMO I hate Tether and I'm a big fan of havven. Would love to see what everyone else is into

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:54:11 AM

Battle of the stable coins?
I think is the one of the most and very well performing in many days is havven, yes I  like havven and I think this coin will be good in the future.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:58:48 AM

The most stable coin? Tether should be the most stable of course although there were some controversies behind it. I am surprised that this is the first time I heard the other choices. What about bitcoin and the other top coins? Or did I missed something here?  Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:59:59 AM

Honestly Im not big fan of stable coin, for me it is just like tool for saving ours cryptocurrency asset from the volatiles chart. Just use & try some of it, but finally Im comfort with my favorite USDT.  
annicketucufaw

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:32:40 AM

Most stable coin will be tether, nothing follows. It will always be based on a us dollar. USDT will be the best among others, you can see it market share, top 15 in one of the best coin. Market cap of $2.29B, if more USDT were released it means that it will also have a higher market cap. Stats don't lie, you can check it here www.coinmarketcap.com.

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:34:15 AM

Stablecoin give us a high confidence in putting up our money their and forget about worries like FUD and FOMO. Volatility is less expected and can be be manage easily and one the the trusted stable coin is Tether coin, it is time-tested and have huge supporter but the only problem is it is like a semi-centralized coin but who care as long as the investment security is legitimate despite all the the issues had faced with that team.
rjefferson

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:41:42 PM

Havven is the best because of these reasons:
-decentralized
-trustless
-NOT pegged to fiat or gold
-fast

They even released their audit, eth-backed nomins on mainnet, and next week their ecommerce store will be live where you use eUSD to buy stuff. I think this is a great use case for a stablecoin. Love the team and how proactive they are  Smiley

Great read about all of these: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#54fa537a4fc6
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:49:57 PM

To be honest there's not such battle being between "stablecoins" because simply as their name suggest they should be stable and thus it doesn't matter which one you use, except that other people will want to accept one or another.

You haven't listed all of them, might see to add these:
[stable coins from bitshares] - bitUSD, bitCNY, bitEUR
NuBits

CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:55:39 PM

I prefer tether, it has been with us for years. There is a lot of fud but only usdt has enough liqudiity to be stable. A lot of the exchanges have trusted tether, for example binance. Do you really think that the biggest and the fastest exchange in the world would list tether if it was not legit?

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:00:54 PM

I prefer tether, it has been with us for years. There is a lot of fud but only usdt has enough liqudiity to be stable. A lot of the exchanges have trusted tether, for example binance. Do you really think that the biggest and the fastest exchange in the world would list tether if it was not legit?

Nobody said that  tether is not legit. Questionable is do they really have that amount of USD pegged as they say they have. Of course that tether is here for a long time now and that many exchanges implement it. It has somewhat become the standard if you want to have fiat pairs and don't want to go through the hassle of regulation etc. easiest thing is to add tether as many people know what is it.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:45:17 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing how basecoin will develop in the near future, I've been seeing a lot of articles about it in mainstream media.
They've also got some really impressive backers, so I'm very interested in seeing them achieve their full potential.

Btw, it's called Basis now, basecoin was the old name.

Just some examples of the articles I'm talking about:
https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/18/basis-a-year-old-startup-thats-building-a-price-stable-cryptocurrency-just-raised-133-million-from-top-investors/
http://fortune.com/2018/04/20/bitcoin-cryptocurrency-stablecoin-basis/

sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:16:13 PM

There's no problem with Tether whatsoever as long as it's proven to be legitimate and that the reserves they claim to have are actually in their possession. A lot of the other stable coins seem a bit overkill in their mechanisms. In fact anyway the name stable coin is incorrect because everything has a price. The dollar for example is not stable.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
jhanson

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

havven is the best one out of the whole group. bought some off of kucoin

everyone read this article explaining each stablecoin: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#6a8f1054fc64
Encelad

Merit: 106

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:32:54 PM

I am very worried about the teaser. They create money from the air, creating more and more new coins. But no one knows if the team has real money or is just a bubble. In my opinion, this creates additional risks.
sorrysteve1

Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:44:20 PM

I am very worried about the teaser. They create money from the air, creating more and more new coins. But no one knows if the team has real money or is just a bubble. In my opinion, this creates additional risks.

If they have the funds that they claim to have then they are not creating money from the air. They have that money and that's how they can issue more tether. No one really know's the situation but claiming one way or another that they have the funds is nothing more than speculation.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
singlecrytpo

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:37:40 AM

havven without a doubt. the rest are either too centralized or lack transparency/speed.
rmilly

Activity: 312
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:44:29 PM

I'm personally a big fan of havven. their team, communication, initiatives, and goals are all great. The project itself makes the most sense in comparison to the alternatives.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:55:59 PM

Even if tether has controversy but tether is most used in market and major exchanges. last bear season i saw when all coin down but only tether in green
Tulen1990

Activity: 222
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:25:29 PM

why are there SO MANY PEOPLE going for Tether?! They're a SCAM  Angry

Out of all of them, I would say makerdao and havven are my favorite but it looks like havven is much faster/easier to understand. they even launched an ecommerce store where you can use their stablecoin to buy stuff: https://blog.havven.io/the-havven-estore-is-live-1f6545a3f635

lots more use cases with havven if you look into the CEO too
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

glad to see havven is clearly a favorite haha.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: