Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will EOS surpass Eth 2 years from now?  (Read 92 times)
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:18:23 AM

Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.

These apps run on a custom built blockchain, an enormously powerful shared global infrastructure that can move value around and represent the ownership of property.

This enables developers to create markets, store registries of debts or promises, move funds in accordance with instructions given long in the past (like a will or a futures contract) and many other things that have not been invented yet, all without a middleman or counterparty risk.

The project was bootstrapped via an ether presale in August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed by the Ethereum Foundation, a Swiss non-profit, with contributions from great minds across the globe. https://www.ethereum.org/

EOS is a blockchain platform for the development of decentralized applications (dapps), similar to Ethereum in function. It makes dapp development easy by providing an operating-system-like set of services and functions that dapps can make use of.

The idea behind EOS is to bring together the best features and promises of the various smart contract technologies out there (e.g. security of Bitcoin, computing support of Ethereum) in one simple to use, massively scalable dapplication platform for the everyday user to empower the impending blockchain economy. https://coincentral.com/what-is-eos/

I have bumped into an article saying that EOS is the Etherium killer. I know this sounds intriguing and vague but with EOS technology I think its more developed than Etherium and is more promising to create more developed and awesome applications.
EOS = blockchain + bots
There’s not much technical information available currently. But EOS is not just about smart contracts + high scalability. It has a completely different design and vision compared to Ethereum.

EOS uses Delegated Proof-of-Stake just like Graphene does.

It uses Network Bandwidth Allocation system to effectively share the blockchain. https://medium.com/chain-cloud-company-blog/is-eos-the-ethereum-killer-ad24277d8c9c

What are your thoughts on this? Will EOS surpass Eth 2 years from now?
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:28:44 AM

Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third-party interference.

These apps run on a custom built blockchain, an enormously powerful shared global infrastructure that can move value around and represent the ownership of property.

This enables developers to create markets, store registries of debts or promises, move funds in accordance with instructions given long in the past (like a will or a futures contract) and many other things that have not been invented yet, all without a middleman or counterparty risk.

The project was bootstrapped via an ether presale in August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed by the Ethereum Foundation, a Swiss non-profit, with contributions from great minds across the globe. https://www.ethereum.org/

EOS is a blockchain platform for the development of decentralized applications (dapps), similar to Ethereum in function. It makes dapp development easy by providing an operating-system-like set of services and functions that dapps can make use of.

The idea behind EOS is to bring together the best features and promises of the various smart contract technologies out there (e.g. security of Bitcoin, computing support of Ethereum) in one simple to use, massively scalable dapplication platform for the everyday user to empower the impending blockchain economy. https://coincentral.com/what-is-eos/

I have bumped into an article saying that EOS is the Etherium killer. I know this sounds intriguing and vague but with EOS technology I think its more developed than Etherium and is more promising to create more developed and awesome applications.
EOS = blockchain + bots
There’s not much technical information available currently. But EOS is not just about smart contracts + high scalability. It has a completely different design and vision compared to Ethereum.

It uses Network Bandwidth Allocation system to effectively share the blockchain. https://medium.com/chain-cloud-company-blog/is-eos-the-ethereum-killer-ad24277d8c9c

At the moment, we can not say anything at this time! There are too many changes in the past! Things are still ahead!
 Grin Grin Grin
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 07:16:42 AM

EOS is one of the most promising project of this year. The main advantage is speed. ETH blockchain has been struggling with speed for quite some time. As new Dapps launch, the transaction costs rise, speed falls. EOS mainly aims to solve that + many other features. But the thing is that it is still on a test blockchain and it promises big things. We will be able to know it's reality only after it launches mainnet and projects actually use it. Till then, it's a good bet, but nothing more.

dmitro853

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:31:46 AM

EOS = blockchain + bots

This will show us only time. But EOS has all the possibilities to bypass eth, not at once, but still there are chances. EOS has a lot of funding, there is a team and there is a great idea, these are the factors that can lead EOS into the leaders!
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:43:44 AM

The promises that are behind EOS are really remarkable, but they are still promises. And ETH is already reliable net. We wll see the winner after EOS's launch of the mainnet..
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:47:05 AM

EOS has alot of catch up to do, 2 years is  so near to meet or surpass Ether. Promises are not actual realization. 
PsylockReborn (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:11:09 AM

EOS is one of the most promising project of this year. The main advantage is speed. ETH blockchain has been struggling with speed for quite some time. As new Dapps launch, the transaction costs rise, speed falls. EOS mainly aims to solve that + many other features. But the thing is that it is still on a test blockchain and it promises big things. We will be able to know it's reality only after it launches mainnet and projects actually use it. Till then, it's a good bet, but nothing more.

So we shall just wait and see if all those promises will be kept. Let's just wait and see when its already launched this June if the performance is really that great and promising. Goodluck with the devs and the people who support this innovation. Hope that investors' money won't just be wasted or won't just go down the drain.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:14:45 AM

I don't think that it will ever happen, because I've not seen any ICO on EOS platform. Probably they will rise , but won't surpass ETH. I am more confident in Universa rather than in EOS
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:17:53 AM

Problem with ROS that I see right now is the fact that they don't have the working product as far ad I know. Idea like idea is great and we can see that as it reflects on the price of EOS and it's market cap. However I do not believe it could surpass ethereum this year. Because of one simple fact that ethereum has been building it's infrastructure and brand for long time now and you have many projects and companies and startups that are building working products on the ethereum.  If however we see in the future that EOS surpasses ethereum then I guess these two will Co exist as thats the only way to go in my opinion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: