Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here has a few questions.  (Read 534 times)
Magicmike514 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:29:55 PM

Hi there my name is Mike,

I was wondering about the MiniRig from butterfly labs. Does anyone know which torx is used to take off the case?

Thanks,

Mike
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:35:39 PM

Hey Mike you don't have to post like it's a letter to someone, it's just a random forum

so you there's no formatting rules or anything

Magicmike514 (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:39:14 PM

Hey Mike you don't have to post like it's a letter to someone, it's just a random forum

oh ok sorry :/

just trying to figure out how to open the case LOL. But i can't post in the technical mining section
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:44:31 PM

just trying to figure out how to open the case LOL. But i can't post in the technical mining section

Yeah I'm not sure what torx it is, they should have just used Phillip's screwdriver sizes, that would have made the most sense

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:41:51 PM

I couldn't guess but I'd contact there customer support for a question like that if I were you.

Magicmike514 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:52:33 PM

I couldn't guess but I'd contact there customer support for a question like that if I were you.
[/quot

They don't have a customer support
duravello

Activity: 127

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:57:07 PM

Try
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/

Not many BFL fans here in Newbie section
Maxbet

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:03:56 PM

Yeah I'm not sure what torx it is, they should have just used Phillip's screwdriver sizes, that would have made the most sense
No they shouldn't, torx is the better choise for this stuff.
In fact, I don't even buy philips screws anymore if I can get my hands on the same size torx scews.

More on topic: most hardware stores have sets of ~10 torx bits for a couple of bucks. Since you probably need to buy 1 bit for your rig anyway why not buy the set.
Magicmike514 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:21:04 PM

No they shouldn't, torx is the better choise for this stuff.
In fact, I don't even buy philips screws anymore if I can get my hands on the same size torx scews.

More on topic: most hardware stores have sets of ~10 torx bits for a couple of bucks. Since you probably need to buy 1 bit for your rig anyway why not buy the set.

I bought a whole set of hex and torx bits but the torx was only able to take two off the back. The side screws appear to be hexagonal and i get a 3/32 to fit inside and there is good tension but when i turn i hear a snap noise and there is no tension after sort of like the feeling when a screw becomes stripped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: