Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt Coin with fastest cpu mining? (not in it to make money)  (Read 721 times)
antp1114 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 01:00:03 AM

Seeing as I don't have a powerful graphics card at the moment, bitcoin mining is currently out of the question. I have been exploring other coins that seem to be easier to mine like pheonixcoin, infinitecoin, and primecoin, but which one do you think is fastest to mine with a cpu.

Again, I realize im not going to make any money with this, im just trying to get to know wallets, trading, mining, etc... before I invest a ton of money in a graphics card for bitcoin mining.

Ps. From what I can tell, my cpu hash rate is 3 KH/S. (Is it even possible to mine any infinitecoins or pheonixcoins or primecoins at that speed?
Authentic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 01:39:51 AM

At this site http://coinchoose.com/ you can see the "Difficulty" of each altcoin. The lower the difficulty, the faster you will mine the coin. Don't expect to see blocks appearing in your wallet every minute though.

Johanna

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:42:27 AM

Seeing as I don't have a powerful graphics card at the moment, bitcoin mining is currently out of the question. I have been exploring other coins that seem to be easier to mine like pheonixcoin, infinitecoin, and primecoin, but which one do you think is fastest to mine with a cpu.

Again, I realize im not going to make any money with this, im just trying to get to know wallets, trading, mining, etc... before I invest a ton of money in a graphics card for bitcoin mining.

Ps. From what I can tell, my cpu hash rate is 3 KH/S. (Is it even possible to mine any infinitecoins or pheonixcoins or primecoins at that speed?

I7 should be the fastest, you can look into their spec before purchase....

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:13:14 AM

If you're approaching this as a learning experience and not a profit experience it doesn't really matter which coin you mine. Based on my 30 years in the computer industry and all the data currently available to me, I believe once you do get "up to speed" you should find a good altcoin and build your investment and understanding around it..... and leave the bitcoin bubble alone.
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:48:31 AM

If you plan on mining Bitcoins in the future please take a look at this web site before investing any money into an expensive rig:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

It takes into consideration ever-increasing difficulty in mining along with delivery time of your rig. Many deliveries are taking 2 months or more from the time of purchase so please put in a date some time in the future.

Of course, the difficulty will be skyrocketing by then but that's factored in. Even if you have a 2 terrahash/second rig the difficulty may make it impractical to mine sometime in the near future.
alientida

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:58:51 AM

If you plan on mining Bitcoins in the future please take a look at this web site before investing any money into an expensive rig:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

It takes into consideration ever-increasing difficulty in mining along with delivery time of your rig. Many deliveries are taking 2 months or more from the time of purchase so please put in a date some time in the future.

Of course, the difficulty will be skyrocketing by then but that's factored in. Even if you have a 2 terrahash/second rig the difficulty may make it impractical to mine sometime in the near future.

+1

Thats a lot of money to have tied up for 2+ months waiting for a rig. If you not in it to make money, maybe wait a bit...
abomnibus

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:48:30 PM

I joined a new pool the other day called [Suspicious link removed] they just mine whatever coin has the least difficulty, then it will auto-transfer into Bitcoins if you'd like it to.  So lately they've been mostly mining TAG coin, Worldcoin and MEC coin.  I disabled the auto transfer to Bitcoin I'd rather just have these alt coin currencies for now I think they have a better chance of increasing value significantly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: