Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:56:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How pump and dump group are damaging reputation of crypto-currency?  (Read 380 times)
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:27:35 PM

due to recent market downfall, we won't see pump and dump groups working all expect crypto traders vanished from the market bitcoin stabilized in between 6000 $ to 8000 $  no telegrams signals will work at this point of market
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:39:36 PM

Firstly, the crypto market is unregulated unlike other markets like Forex, stocks or shares market. This gives the bulk hodlers a freedom to conduct pump and dump. Secondly, there are lots of unskilled and rookie investors in crypto who blindly follow these Twitteratis and Telegram groups. I have seen these admins manipulating the followers. They buy before and then announce in group to short profits. It would be tough to escape this situation unless the distribution becomes more diversified.
morgan4140

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:04:06 PM

I once hold a coin and suddenly the coin that is almost $1 dump to less than $0.01 to me I move on but to some people  which are newbies this can discourage them from participating in crytocurrency and make them conclude it is fraud and that brought me to a question how do you think pump and dump group are damaging crypto-currency and it's reputation??
I have a similar example. I have an OBSIDIAN coin that cost more than $ 2.5. Now it costs 0.1 dollar. I agree, we just have to be patient.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:21:59 PM

I once hold a coin and suddenly the coin that is almost $1 dump to less than $0.01 to me I move on but to some people  which are newbies this can discourage them from participating in crytocurrency and make them conclude it is fraud and that brought me to a question how do you think pump and dump group are damaging crypto-currency and it's reputation??
For newbie people who just came in and engage theirselves into crypto without any further knowlegde and awareness on possible risk then most of the time they would really heading this way.This do really make bad impression towards crypto but as crypto lovers and investors we do know the truth thing which it gives advantage for us investors.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:33:59 PM

I once hold a coin and suddenly the coin that is almost $1 dump to less than $0.01 to me I move on but to some people  which are newbies this can discourage them from participating in crytocurrency and make them conclude it is fraud and that brought me to a question how do you think pump and dump group are damaging crypto-currency and it's reputation??
For newbie people who just came in and engage theirselves into crypto without any further knowlegde and awareness on possible risk then most of the time they would really heading this way.This do really make bad impression towards crypto but as crypto lovers and investors we do know the truth thing which it gives advantage for us investors.

i dont think they pump and dump group gives bad reputation to the crypto because its been only said on the name that they are pump and dump which means they can manipulate the coin. Any users who join it wil surely know it and i hope that they are also aware that cryptos are volatile which means it can fluctuate non stop resulting for its value to increase and decrease without a warning. groups doesnt give a bad name bad the mechanics of crypto itself gives them a doubt.
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:32:50 PM

The most important thing before investing is to learn about the market and understand the purpose of the coin or token before investing as there are many coins aimed at just dump and pump and since this is a unregulated market expect these kind of coins and make sure you only invest in top coins in the market rather than going for dump coins.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:48:04 PM

well
if that coin is useless coin , just like a easy way to get money.
but if that a good , like a top 100 coinmarket.
i think they need a big money to make a pump dump scheme.
about newbie , i believe more exchanges sites already announced about crypto currency is very fluctuactive
considering exchanges sites its a initial steps to get started
a low volume coin could easily manipulated but no with the high volume , if that what you mean then that's true , I couldn't agree more. It was a fraud that no one knows especially a newcomer.
For the first time they might would feel that's a crazy market , unbelievable and sucks experience. But you know it won't happened last forever , you'll get sweet profit and realize that the last time it was a pump and dump did intentionally not an ordinary market.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
yigga

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:22:36 AM

I have seen more than dozens of coins being totally manipulated with only one ending -> killing the price, and trying to milk out all the money from it.

I have seen coins going from $0,002 to more than $0,02 in less than a few hours, and then going down to nearly zero.

It is simple, but it kills the project.

Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:57:39 AM

a low volume coin could easily manipulated but no with the high volume , if that what you mean then that's true , I couldn't agree more. It was a fraud that no one knows especially a newcomer.
For the first time they might would feel that's a crazy market , unbelievable and sucks experience. But you know it won't happened last forever , you'll get sweet profit and realize that the last time it was a pump and dump did intentionally not an ordinary market.

Actually, there are large groups that sometimes try to pump and dump a coin even with high volumes. Most of the members of these groups are huge buyers sometimes called as "Whale Pump" and earn huge profits. I am not exactly familiar with how they do things but I do know that they target coins such as EOS, POWR, GVT, etc
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:18:26 AM

Actually, I can that almost all market has a group of people that like to manipulate the price. Even in traditional Stock even forex market. The difference is that crypto market is still young and thin. These makes the price manipulation in crypto market have more significant effect compared to the other market. My point is that price manipulation unavoidable. Our only hope is that the crypto market will grow even more, and the distribution and adoption is wider.

Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:17:18 AM

Actually, I can that almost all market has a group of people that like to manipulate the price. Even in traditional Stock even forex market. The difference is that crypto market is still young and thin. These makes the price manipulation in crypto market have more significant effect compared to the other market. My point is that price manipulation unavoidable. Our only hope is that the crypto market will grow even more, and the distribution and adoption is wider.
It's easy to manipulate the market if there are a big group or popular media that is under it like making news with a known channel, but if it is just a small community at telegram or Facebook, only those who just hoping for easy money will be bait in that trap.

Lecsor

Activity: 210

Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:38:20 AM

It all depends on the volume of trading of a particular coin on the market. And not always such a fall can speak for that it is a shitcoin, if almost the entire market is in correction. One bad thing is that there are a lot of hamsters in the market who create such situations and discourage others.

╔══ // PumaPay //  Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol   // PumaPay // ══╗
╠════════════  Telegram ─── Bitcointalk ─── Bounty ─── Join Here   ════════════╣
A free blockchain protocol that makes crypto billing accessible to every business  ╝
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:45:31 AM

I think pump and dump group doesn't hurt anyone, infact it makes the crypto trading become more interesting, people need to learn before they invest, if they don't do their research and just put the money then it's their fault, pump and dump group give more exciting chance to make profit

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:48:16 AM

I also think that pump and dump groups are damaging that specific coin's reputation in very long term people dislike coins like that so I think noone should care about pump dump groups, they are profitable only for group owner anyways.

daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:03:38 AM

Not only BTC market is affected by "Pump and dump" (P&D), this practice is in every trading market. Take example of Equity Trading for instance, you can see huge market swing in both direction (up and down) on any single trading day. That manipulation is done by Big investors who are holding majority of the shares. Although BTC is decentralized and distributed ecosystem, still there are WHALES who have gathered majority of BTC over times and now are in a position to manipulate the BTC market. Rule of thumb is to keep your nerves strong and never ever pay attention to P&D and FUD, HODL is key to success in every market and holds true for crypto market as well.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:49:50 AM

Actually these pump and dump schemes are the reason why many people are losing their faith on cryptocurrencies.
Some greedy beginners who invest in these schemes never comeback after losing everything they have on their first attempt, the problem is just lack of knowledge, they just want to become rich but never bother to learn about the background and technology of the coin in which they are going to invest.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:10:15 AM

the reputation of altcoins are already damaged beyond repair because of the true nature of them and also the fact that investors in altcoins care about one thing and nothing else and that is earning more profit. so when people are asking for pump and dumps to happen and are actually happy about it, there is no reputation to be damaged.

also i should add that if a project is really good, for example some altcoin outside of top 10 coins that is focusing on becoming a real currency instead of being pumped and dumped then nothing can damage its reputation ever. you can see bitcoin and the fact that even when they call it "fraud" nobody cares and they only laugh at the person saying it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
kulakvlad

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:13:45 AM

When I started trading I used such signals. Then stopped-after the first losses of money.

PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:34:05 AM

It really depends on the project or the coin. A very promising coin that is backed up by legitimate investors and run by brilliant devs and invidividuals won't experience this kind of dumping in just a very short period of time. There are lots of groups in discord right now that are trying to invite people and giving signals on to where to pump and dump. I know this is somewhat a manipulation or a strategy but it could severely give bad impact on a particular coin or project.

I think pump and dump group doesn't hurt anyone, infact it makes the crypto trading become more interesting, people need to learn before they invest, if they don't do their research and just put the money then it's their fault, pump and dump group give more exciting chance to make profit

I agree with you on this. We really need to do our homework before investing our money to a certain project for us to avoid any losses in the future. Investing in crypto is very risky due to its volatility and there are lots of scam ICOs happening right now.

By knowing the background or the people behind the project you can really tell that the altcoin is a promising one. We should also verify the credibility of the devs working on it and the technology that it can bring to the society.

When it comes to the thought that you said about "pump and dump doesn't hurt anyone" I kinda don't agree with this since pump and dump could really affect the value of the coin. I know this is strategy of some groups of people to earn profit but mostly they are doing this to a certain coin that they think is vulnerable to this kinds of manipulation.

O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:29:24 AM

Pump and dump groups are indeed giving bad reputation for crypto currency is. I know some of my newbie friends who became prey for such groups. They lost big amount participating in pump and dump groups. Some of them even left crypto after these incidents.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: