Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:48:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquidating crypto to fiat - suggestions ?  (Read 163 times)
KHodl (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:51:23 AM

What's the best way to liquidate your crypto to fiat? Every option i'm looking at you either have to wait for weeks or its expensive. Am I missing something?
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:03:19 AM

There are really only two ways as far as I know: signing up for a cryptocurrency exchange and selling there, or peer-to-peer trading.

Exchanges are typically more convenient, but that would also depend on which exchanges are available to you. Some are better than others after all.

If you go the peer-to-peer route, you could look through sites like localbitcoins.com to sell online with a built-in escrow service, or look for meet-ups which are inherently riskier. You might also be able to sell on the Marketplace section of Bitcointalk, or social media platforms.

If neither of those options meet your needs, then you're in for a bad time.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:06:40 AM

Just to add to what jseverson just said the best option for you will be dependant on the amount you trying to sell and which country you are in. The services vary and those two factors will impact on how long it takes for the funds to clear and the costs involved.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3852

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:30:56 AM

The best way of converting your crypto to fiat really depends on what country you're in. If GDAX and coinbase supports your country's local currency, then you probably want to go with that option. Personally though, I'd go with LocalBitcoins[1]. I prefer peer to peer physical cash transactions.

[1] https://localbitcoins.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:22:44 AM

Try to find 100% trusted a local group in your country which is buying and selling crypto with fiat currency. If you could find a trusted team it very easy otherwise is very risky and dangerous.

Coinbase is one of the best options to fiat crypto exchange but it has country wise regulations for use.
Coinbase fee and rates are good.

Cex.io is also a trusted online fiat- crypto exchange but its fee is the little bit higher than coinbase. Normally Cex.io takes 2-3 working days for withdrawal but it is depending on your country and bank.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:39:50 AM

What's the best way to liquidate your crypto to fiat? Every option i'm looking at you either have to wait for weeks or its expensive. Am I missing something?
What country so you residency in first? For now since I don't know where you live,  I would like to suggest localbitcoins to you(assuming you are living into one of the countries listed here). Another best way to do it is to register on exchanges that are based in your country or on web wallets that offers btc to fiat currency of your country and vice versa(assuming the country you live in got one).
rivkavender

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:08:28 PM

I would say to use mylocalbitcoins or a credited site like that, and then find a person who you know is trustworthy and just trade with him
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 06:20:19 PM

Gdax wont charge you a fee if you use limit/stop orders to sell, otherwise knows as a passive (maker) order

Mintdice.com
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:33:05 PM

It depends on your region/country, but I will recommend  you try localbitcoin. That's if you are looking for a means to cash out in fiat. I use this platform whenever I cashing out in fiat.
edundayo

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:04:11 PM

Like everybody already rightly pointed out above, it will be difficult to give you a definite advise without you mentioning your region/country, because your region/country determines with service or option that are available to you.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
btctalkid1

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:38:11 PM

most assume it's btc, but what if one has eth, is there a localbitcoin or something similar for eth?
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 07:09:59 AM

most assume it's btc, but what if one has eth, is there a localbitcoin or something similar for eth?

No. The only option for altcoins is to sell them on exchanges or find someone locally to trade with. Bitcoin is far ahead in the adoption race and most altcoins will probably die out at some point. That also explains why most assume the OP is asking about Bitcoin.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KHodl (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:38:55 AM

After some research it does seem that either p2p conversion or exchange is the best. However exchanges can handle larger volumes whereas p2p probably want to deal with smaller amounts for safety reasons. Great help from the community thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: