Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the birth of bitcoin will cause google to die?  (Read 530 times)
loveblack (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:01:14 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 11:46:38 AM by loveblack

bitcoin currency and block technology was invented , if block technology universal in the world , we need a based on block search engine it ? google web-based search technology will be out of date it?

livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:08:05 AM

Google will be here to stay and they will just adopt cryptocurrency if its needed and as well as the blockchain technology. If you are thinking about google's death, don't think about it anymore. It's the number 1 search engine worldwide and it can be dead unless google's management is starting to leave their company. Google has been advanced with their technology, data centers and almost everything and Google Is Working on Its Own Blockchain-Related Technology.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 5033

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 11:11:10 AM

There are specific usecases for blockchain technology... I don't think blockchain technology is the best choice when creating a searchengine, there are other (more suitable) database types for this usecase.

I mean, would it be necessary to have an immutable, decentral, trustless database to store urls/keywords/..., seems slow and a waste of space to me (i could be wrong tough)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:14:05 AM

bitcoin currency and block technology was invented , if block technology universal in the world , we need a based on block search engine it ? google web-based search technology will be out of date it?

You could have alternative based on the blockchain technology,  maybe such thing exists or is being developed.  But for this you will have to have huge amount of data as Google is collecting data of the websites. With many advanced algorithms and features it will be really hard to break Google that easily. Alternatives exist even today but when you look at it how well has Google blended in the society with its brand. When you want to search something on the Internet you are more likely to say I will Google it, than saying will search
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

I  think that a social media platform based on the blockchain might have some level of success.Perhaps the blockchain technology might cause Facebook,Youtube and Twitter to die in the future.A search engine is just a bunch of web crawl bots,that index web pages and rank them using Google`s secret ranking algorithms.Social networks work in a completely different way and the blockchain might be more suitable for them.

SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:49:00 AM

No, it would not be a threat to google at all. The actual use-case of this technology is more targeted towards the financial institutions and it can prove to be a boom for those institutes, but using it in search engine is something that has never been considered. We are not going to rebuild the entire internet based on blockchain, please clear your mindset on this. This technology is here to catch all the scammers who have been looting money from the bank.
Twentyacoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:53:38 AM

You have some wrong info. Blockchain tech has been around since the 20th century.

But you're right about a decentralized search engine. Google caters to their ads and obviously some kind of central nepotism or favoritism that influences the search results.

A decentralized search engine will be more fair and unbiased.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:29:34 PM

You have some wrong info. Blockchain tech has been around since the 20th century.

Wait what? There may have been a few ideas close to it in the past, but there has been no proof of concept until Satoshi came along with Bitcoin.

But you're right about a decentralized search engine. Google caters to their ads and obviously some kind of central nepotism or favoritism that influences the search results.

A decentralized search engine will be more fair and unbiased.

Well they put their ads first, but I don't know about blatant bias. There's an entire concept behind making sure your site shows up high on search results: search engine optimization. There may be some bias, but everything is mostly determined by algorithms.

I wouldn't be opposed to a decentralized search engine, but I personally don't see the need for it. Either way, Google can also adopt blockchain tech if needs be, so blockchain technology, and much less Bitcoin, are unlikely to lead to its death.

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:32:59 PM

Google is a very stable company. I doubt that it will die just because of Bitcoin. I believe that when the time comes, Google will surely adapt blockchain and they might also create their own. We don't know, Google might be a blockchain based search engine in the future. If a company doesn't know how to adapt to technology, that is the time that it will surely dies.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:52:34 PM

It is impossible for those search engines to go out of business. If they will observe that if they will be left behind with others who have integrated blockchain technology in their system they will just make an innovation and that is to integrate blockchain technology. Well, they are wise and they will do anything so they can stay online.
EzzNju

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:56:14 PM

I also I agree google is too big to fail or die,they will just adopt blockchain technology if worst comes to worst.Then I haven't seen a company that can compete with google
JJelly

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:57:34 PM

No, why is bitcoin connected on google?. Google has the universal knowledge all the knowledge of the earth in terms of data, laws, places and culture. I think Bitcoin was not related on Google or any sites containing
 information. Bitcoin is all about storing data and circulating the money they carry.. This is only on my own opinion.
onurgozupek

Activity: 1307
Merit: 593

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 01:09:30 PM

Blockchain is not suitable for being used to store bigdata. Do you know how many search queries being sent to Google in a single second? If you use blockchain, you will have to verify all the data and it will take time to display results. Right now when you search for a TX id or a wallet address, it takes a couple of seconds to respond but when you search on Google, it displays hundreds of results in milliseconds. Blockchain will not be that fast
angelinedelatorre

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 01:26:05 PM

No! Google will not die. I think Bitcoin and google will be together but it does not mean that google will die. Google is very useful to everyone.
lubot sa yawa

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:27:55 PM

Definitely no because of they have different measures, Google is a search engine that can help bitcoin to introduce to others and bitcoin is crypto currency that make people rich.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:31:15 PM

The birth of a doctor will cause one engineer to die. Grin
Google is the fastest and secure connection to search any information.  Bitcoin is crypto currency leader having different role.  So if bitcoin takes birth why google will die?
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:00:31 PM

Google will be here to stay and they will just adopt cryptocurrency if its needed and as well as the blockchain technology. If you are thinking about google's death, don't think about it anymore. It's the number 1 search engine worldwide and it can be dead unless google's management is starting to leave their company. Google has been advanced with their technology, data centers and almost everything and Google Is Working on Its Own Blockchain-Related Technology.

I strongly agree.

Nowadays almost all Internet-based applications not only Google consider Blockchain Technology as their future web-based platform. This technology will somehow help Google for cloud-based storing of data thus filtering more some fraudulent information on the internet. They can also use the technology to easily identify and detect any Plagiarism.
appleyard

Activity: 359
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:26:20 AM

what? No the database of google are now limitless it takes 10 to 20 years to gather datas like google. And 5 more years if you really want to over run google by convincing people to use your technology. Google search is now part of daliy living of most people who use internet.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
JoshKulot

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:32:45 AM

I think Bitcoin and Google was not related at all. First, Google is pioneer company same as FireFox Company they were stable and very strong company specially Google. Many companies partnered on Google specially on phones apps. If ever they will be related it would be business deals and terms of partnership.
Amrxx

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:40:40 PM

I think in this situation, Google will not die, he will support him and will start full cooperation with him!
Since the currency of the future and Google to all this boots!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: