Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $8,000 worth ETH stolen  (Read 598 times)
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:45:23 PM

Not stolen,but you did gave your private keys to these hackers easily.You should be using metamask extension + hardwallet (ledger or trezor) as these two hardwallets are the most trusted,you could be logged in to a specific phishing sites, that is why your keys are stolen without you knowing it.These are just few reasons why your funds where stolen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
palermofc

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

There is no way to find out the person from its wallet address. And also no way to return your tokens back. Everyone should beware of the scammers and hackers around.
serenitysilence

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:04:58 PM

Maybe you have entered your private key in a phishing website.
You can't identify the hacker only with that address. It seems that the account was new and created solely for that purpose (storage of stolen tokens/Eth). There's no outgoing transaction as of yet and the address continue to receive tokens.

What I noticed was most tokens received were limited to Utrust, PHI, STP, SPA, SDE, TKT, ebit, COPYTRACK, Transmission, GlobCoin Crypto Platform. Does one of these tokens send you an email or let you fill out something connected to your wallet? If yes, that might be the cause.

nightmare. you want to say that if some company sends an e-mail, then it can be to crack a wallet? so do not answer then and do not open the letter at all?

mariangpalad

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:19:12 PM

Sorry to hear that but i do think you have logged in your account or private key to a phishing site which si why your keys are stolen,you could prevent this from using metamsk extension in your browser,that is why you should be doing your best to keep those private keys secured,do not save your keys into a plac where the hackers can easily access it.,use hardwallet and you will be fine.

cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:21:11 PM

You shouldnt get hacked,when you follow basic things that you should have,hardwalet,metamask, and common sense,never use decentralized exchanges when you dont have metamask because it encrypts your private keys when you are using these exchanges,you wont need to put your keys manually to these exchanges such as fork and etherdelta.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

Most probably this is the reason behind this hack because it is really impossible to hack a wallet without details of wallet, there are many replica websites which are created only for this purpose.
Many beginners get into this trap as like OP, BTW unfortunately there is no way to trace person from wallet address,
cryptamod

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:25:09 PM

Im so sorry to hear this,but if you are doing your best to protect your keys you wont have experience this,mew wallet are secured not unless you are not using metamask,or hardwallet becausethee are the most importnat things that you should have,you wont be hacked when you have these two powerful things,metmask are blocking  phishing sites,hardwallets add some extra layer of protection in your wallet.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
CryptoSheikh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:27:59 PM

Which option did you use to "log in" your MEW wallet? If it's private key, there is no way of stealing your tokens without that private key. Try to remember if you shared it anywhere else... I don't believe that's the matter, but sometimes people mistakenly share their private keys instead of their wallet address for airdrops and etc.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
pooque

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:32:41 PM

You cannot track who stole your coins,what you can do is to buy a hardwallet,install some good antivirus and anti-malware softwars,and most importantly use hardwallet when you are holding big amount of assets.Metamask extension can block those phishing sites easily,hardwallets does add extra protection when your computer is affected by viruses and malwares than can steal your private key easily.

chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:34:18 PM

Most probably this is the reason behind this hack because it is really impossible to hack a wallet without details of wallet, there are many replica websites which are created only for this purpose.
Many beginners get into this trap as like OP, BTW unfortunately there is no way to trace person from wallet address,

Some people were in exposed with those phishing sites behind and most probably their private keys were exposed online like sharing with friends or with strangers. Its really a sad experience if it happens you're the victim of being hacked, so one thing I can advise to most who encounter this kind of nightmare you should be more careful next time and the responsibility is always yours, no one to be blame but you personally. Phishing websites can be a replicate of myetherwallet, some characters omitted to somewhat trap every user now and then. But to avoid it you should have more secured antivirus and firewall of PC must be active all the time.
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:36:55 PM

Unfortunately you wont be able to get those stolen coins,and you cant track who does that do you,but what you can do is to start being a security freak,use metamask,and a hardwallet to protect your mew wallet from these attacks,phishing sites wont be a problem when you have installed metamask extension in your browser cause it blocks a lot of malicious websites/potential phishing sites.

costanos02

Activity: 518
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:38:31 PM

Accident happen, in my own opinion, you did bounty right? Check all your bounty campaign maybe you made mistake putting the address, there is a possibility that you put your product key instead yout wallet address.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:41:19 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.

I notice sometimes bounty hunters giving their private key instead of their ethereum address when signing up, since this goes automatic anyone can see that key untill you change it. Maybe thats what happened?

totnaksquad

Activity: 182

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:41:43 PM

Why you arent using hardwallets? because these wallets are the most secured that you could ever had,should you use anti-viruses and metamask extension so that you wont need to worry about these phishing sites because you will be prompted when you are attempting to access malicious and scammy websites that is why i do use metamask.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:50:29 PM

whether you work in a team. or your laptop/computer is still an old version, or you often watch a movie or download something from an untrusted site,
the most frequent case is that your computer gets infected with malware, and a rare case is someone near you become the perpetrator.

always activate Metamask and let it always connect to your laptop/computer, and remember never lend your laptop/computer to others.

CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 09:58:41 PM

Unfortunately you wont be able to get those stolen coins,and you cant track who does that do you,but what you can do is to start being a security freak,use metamask,and a hardwallet to protect your mew wallet from these attacks,phishing sites wont be a problem when you have installed metamask extension in your browser cause it blocks a lot of malicious websites/potential phishing sites.

Tell me if your existing address of the Ether purse can be linked to Metamask. Or it is necessary to create a new one and there are no other options?   Smiley

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:00:41 PM

You could have prevented this to happen we you have used metamask extension which blocks phising sites,and other malicious websites.Do a lot of research so that you wont be fooled by these hackers,use hardwallet such as trezor and ledger so that you will be able to protect your wallet whenever your computer has infected by some viruses and malwares.

freedoom

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:01:53 PM

How do you know that you do not try to steal your own tokens from someone else's wallet ...
But in general, the ETH system is not provided for such cases, so there's nothing to be done about it ...
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:07:59 PM

My ETH account got hacked.
My ETH address: 0xeA93c05EEbfb134951B1bFac10358625B7A12C43

I did bounty and collected tokens from 29 ICOs. I kept them so when the price increased then I will sell them.

But a hacker stole my account.

Hacker's ETH address: 0x405e23ddfdc59e847cbf6f953d0115ed2ae96a8e

I kept everything secure and nobody knew my private key. Dont know how I got hacked.

Is there a way to identify the hacker from that address?

And can I do anything to get my ETH & tokens back?

And looks like he is still hacking other accounts.
You and my friend have same scenario but the bad thing is he always open a link that he don't know maybe he curious that's why always opening a link when someone forward to him but he didn't know it's phishing sites and now he got hack. Always remember we need to be careful In crypto lots of hacker is here to get our money so always careful.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:12:43 PM

Oh my word. I hate to hear this kind of stories. $8000 stolen is just too much. I don't know what to say to console you. How I wish we could know the cause of the hack. How do you always access your wallet??
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: