Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Join Forces to Create buying power and get more businesses taking bitcoins  (Read 862 times)
worldly (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 08:14:04 PM

I Like the idea of starting up a site that helps bitcoiners get in touch, provides tools to get shops involved and joins the bitcoin community together to create real buying power.

I like the idea so much im starting a site to do it...its kind of like meetup but specifically for bitcoiners and it will have some tools to help spread bitcoin aceptance.

here is my rough draft:
1.Meetups - gather bitcoin users by geographical locations.
2.We want to target as many businesses as possible, especially food and other essential type shops.
3.We want to contact businesses and present the idea
4.We need a measurement for the sale (how many bitcoiners and proportionally how much buying power/area) - the meetups will discuss and choose targets, the site will cater for this so its all open.  Create possibly a light crm where members can post progress, contacts etc
5.Directory where clients and shops meet.....and a status for each shop...'accepting', 'thinking'','needs more prompting'
6.Shop setup section and sales-training material for meetup groups and the hardware/software they need to implement.

Im an australian in romania so I have access to the big brains and things are cheap to get started here.
Unfortunately im spending all my money on mining rigs so its going to take a bit longer than right now.

The site will be located at bitgroups.org I have the staff to contact shops and push it, Im employing a coder soon but im not sure when.

If anyone has some good coding skills or has a code library that we can tailor to make a meetup type clone with any of the features listed above let me know.....Lets get in touch my google plus account is https://plus.google.com/100003850557805960555/posts

Mitch

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: