Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on TV - From 2016 to 2018  (Read 452 times)
Coincado (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 12:37:58 PM

It's interesting to see how the Mass Media is portraying Bitcoin through the recent years...
https://youtu.be/Owm6W1MmQAc

Seems that in 2016 we were all Drug Dealers and Murders for Hire  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:47:23 PM

It's interesting to see how the Mass Media is portraying Bitcoin through the recent years...

Somehow we cannot deny them since bitcoin was actually used in the black market before and there are still who uses bitcoin to do their illicit bidding. Also scammers are everywhere that will pose as an investment but actually a scamming scheme behind the program. Such activities were affecting bitcoin badly and we cannot blame them for saying so. But even though bitcoin is always portrayed negatively on the tv programs and news but it is still loved by many.
GregoryPorter

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:55:13 PM

go on bitcoinobituary.com lol this will put a great deal into perspective
EzzNju

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

The sceptics were only focusing on the negative aspects.Though its very critical and important for such critics so that bitcoin can be improved
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:32:35 PM

Little by little, the media is changing its approach to cryptocurrencies. I think the association of bitcoin with crime was due to ignorance and sensationalism. When the media have realized that there is a growing interest in bitcoin by the average citizen, especially young people, they have changed their approach. However, I must admit that I don't like it when they talk about cryptocurrencies in speculative terms, making the audience believe that they are going to make a lot of money quickly and easily.
akerner

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:34:04 PM

TV has never been honest
Always showed content that is beneficial only to the government. If someone saw an honest television - then this is fantastic  Wink
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:38:51 PM

Actually, I've heard bitcoin being mentioned on our national channel a few times, mostly in news and it was never in a negative light, always neutral or somewhat positive.

I remember once it was mentioned in the context of a brand new technology, also news about bitcoin ATM that's been placed and a few economists talking about it, mostly explaining what it is and how it works.

Can surely say that I've never heard anyone talking about it in a bad way on tv here.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
epidose

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:47:27 PM

I posted this the other day, but here in Canada, we started getting Coinsquare commercials during the NHL playoffs (https://www.facebook.com/coinsquare.io/videos/1900372693320004/). Super interesting to see something so mainstream.

While it does seemingly paint the community in a shifty light, I'm not opposed to a mainstream advertised way to get the 'regular Joe' into Cryptos; also... a pretty hilarious commercial when you compare the characters to some of the users of this forum  Roll Eyes
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:52:31 PM

Because it is beneficial to the government and the current financial system. Mass television has never shown the truth, but few people think about it. Most people look and believe that it is very sad.

MonkeyGolden

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:59:05 PM

Bitcoins appearing in the year 2016 are very rare and I do not know anything about Bitcoin, the media or the TV does not have many Bitcoin programs. In the years 2017 and 2018, the frequency of Bitcoin appearing on television programs is very much and is of great interest to many. Bitcoin is increasingly being considered.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 08:35:34 AM

Not only that, we are scammers as well and black market enthusiast. How unfortunate it is that social media only focuses on the negative side of cryptocurrency instead putting all of its aspects in a whole perspective. Indeed,the main cause of this is the ignorance, the lack of knowledge as well as the closed minded-individual that speaks and judge based only on what they have read in the social media platforms or heard on the news. This, too, causes FUD's which I doubt, they know.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:45:18 AM

I don't really understand why different criminals get payments for different crimes (like a murder or something else) using BTC as payment method.
Are they idiots? BTC is not anonymous, there are a lot of fully anonymous coins: XMR or XVG for example.
linhphieudb

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:46:07 AM

Bitcoin on the television with the bubble news: D. It's a topic worth paying attention to .. no one initially accepts the good stuff at all .. let time prove yourself blockchain technology after bitcoin. It will be a sustainable 4.0 economy! BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:56:25 AM

Seems that in 2016 we were all Drug Dealers and Murders for Hire  Grin

people usually like the negative part more than the reality which means there are far more negative news about bitcoin than there are anything positive in the news, in reality there are a lot of positivity though!
also there are a lot of FUDs because people want to buy bitcoin cheaper and FUD helps that a little bit.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:27:28 AM

Yet here we are now with BTC which is being portrayed as 1 LMABO and 10 LAMBO in one year. Lolz. I am sure madd media is something that manipulates the news a lot when they get hands on something. At least in my country I have seen some cases where news channels has drastically manipulated the use of Bitcoin. Mostly they keep flashing that BTC is scam, it can take up your money and run away. What the hell!  Roll Eyes Its the person behind that scam you sucker punches!  Tongue

Because it is beneficial to the government and the current financial system. Mass television has never shown the truth, but few people think about it. Most people look and believe that it is very sad.

There you go. One more point of getting the news flashed about the BTC in wrong way. Or is it the government itself who is doing al these things!  Roll Eyes
apelmerah

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:56:56 AM

Early onset of bitcoin news was very bad and lack of confidence in the greatness of bitcoin but after 2017 bitcoin had a tremendous rise and became very viral news in social media, and good and bad news news is often circulated to date.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:57:05 AM

very interesting topic for communication! media helped very much to disperse the stand of bitcoin to the maximum prices! demand was exceeded due to a large dump of information and advertising in the media! I am sure that now there will be a second wave of growth and again the dumping of information to people!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:59:33 AM

Hahaha. Till date no media has portrayed bitcoin as a good technology advancement or as an effective technology that is much powerful than the traditional system. Over the past years bitcoin can't be seen much on Television, but now things have changed. Quite often news related to bitcoin is getting telecasted.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:20:13 AM

...And in 2018, we are bubbles!

I love the bubble part since it doesn't criminalize Bitcoin before laymen on the streets. That tag leaves few hodlers like us to our fate and faith and the government and authorities should just STFO.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:27:31 AM

Fuck the shit media out. Once Abraham lincoln ruling we can see media as the powerful weapon in democratic country to help people but now Media are owned by various corporate companies at least they own some decent shares on the project.
So bankers and fiat currency reserve system not allow the other revolution to replace the fiat cash. If the bitcoin replace is those corporates will not make money from this easily mate. Please do not keep your money on fiat cash please move towards bitcoin and other alts.
I will see any news show on television channel, they are lying all the time mate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: