Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Think Litecoin will see the same growth as Bitcoin?  (Read 3210 times)
xlKamikazeels (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:19:43 AM

So I was checking out some other Alt-Coins, and was thinking that if anything was gonna be the next to take off.  I was thinking of buy a bunch of Litecoin and sitting on them since Bitcoin right now is nuts, I figured this would be a good alternative.  Any thoughts?
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:26:02 AM

So I was checking out some other Alt-Coins, and was thinking that if anything was gonna be the next to take off.  I was thinking of buy a bunch of Litecoin and sitting on them since Bitcoin right now is nuts, I figured this would be a good alternative.  Any thoughts?

At one point I was in your position checking out altcoins and discovered Goldcoin. I believe it's the next coin getting ready to rocket!
Mentaso

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Bitcoin News-Reviews

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:31:34 AM

At one point I was in your position checking out altcoins and discovered Goldcoin. I believe it's the next coin getting ready to rocket!

Judging by your previous posts pushing gold coin, you are directly involved in it, which makes your predictions biased

markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:36:58 AM

Do you have any evidence to support such a belief, besides your personal interest?

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:37:15 AM

Judging by your previous posts pushing gold coin, you are directly involved in it, which makes your predictions biased

True. But the fact that my view is biased does not make it invalid. I have spent over 30 years in the computer industry and have found something very special. Most people that check it out seem to stick around. Best of luck to each and every reader! And cheers!
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:40:30 AM

Litecoin's price seems tied with bitcoin. If bitcoin goes up litecoin follows although the ltc/btc ratio doesn't stay the same.

psychocoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:42:23 AM

LTC/BTC ratio's been going down. I wouldn't invest into LTC over BTC right now.

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
Mentaso

Bitcoin News-Reviews

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:45:31 AM

True. But the fact that my view is biased does not make it invalid. I have spent over 30 years in the computer industry and have found something very special. Most people that check it out seem to stick around. Best of luck to each and every reader! And cheers!

Ive been on this planet for over 30 years... That does not make me a climatologist, geologist or psychologist.
Because your so biased, it does make your comment invalid. The comment is marketing hype, not a rational statement based on fact and projections.
Im not arguing and I do hope golder coin does better than sea shells.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:49:20 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 06:01:07 AM by MicroGuy

Because you're so biased, it does make your comment invalid.

Best of luck and I guess only time will tell! Cheers!  Cheesy
telostia

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:52:04 AM

I've been told that bitcoin succeeded because in some country people offer to take bitcoins as payments for their local shopping store. Now theres alot more stores out there that used bitcoins and to my knowledge theres no litcoin payment based stores yet. Which means that it is much more difficult for litcoin to succeed in the near future. I don't think litcoin will do so well so soon but wouldn't count the possibility what will happen several years later. I just don't find it profitable to invest in litecoin at the moment. What do you guys think? Am i missing something? please prove me wrong.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:57:37 AM

I've been told that bitcoin succeeded because in some country, people offer take bitcoins as payments for their local shopping store. Now theres alot more stores out that used bitcoins and to my knowledge theres no litcoin payment based stores yet. Which means it is much more difficult for litcoin to succeed in the near future. I don't think litcoin will do so well so soon but wouldn't count the possibility what him happen several more years later. I just don't find it profitable to invest in litecoin at the moment. What do you guys think? Am i missing something? please prove me wrong.

What's going to happen is litecoin and some of the other altcoins will be able to integrate into the existing Bitcoin merchant POS systems. The main driver will be consumer demand/adoption. First consumers become aware of Bitcoin, then consumers become aware of altcoin, then merchants integrate.

It's not much different than today's merchants that accept Discover, Master Card, and Visa. All the cards are swiped on the same machine.
Mentaso

Bitcoin News-Reviews

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:04:32 AM

I've been told that bitcoin succeeded because in some country, people offer take bitcoins as payments for their local shopping store. Now theres alot more stores out that used bitcoins and to my knowledge theres no litcoin payment based stores yet. Which means it is much more difficult for litcoin to succeed in the near future. I don't think litcoin will do so well so soon but wouldn't count the possibility what him happen several more years later. I just don't find it profitable to invest in litecoin at the moment. What do you guys think? Am i missing something? please prove me wrong.

What's going to happen is litecoin and some of the other altcoins will be able to integrate into the existing Bitcoin merchant POS systems. The main driver will be consumer demand/adoption. First consumers become aware of Bitcoin, then consumers become aware of altcoin, then merchants integrate.

It's not much different than today's merchants that accept Discover, Master Card, and Visa. All the cards are swiped on the same machine.

Ok.. not to be argumentative... and I just happen to enjoy this subject...

But whats the point of altcoin if bitcoin doesnt need them. Consumers choose credit cards due to their credit history, location and the fees associated with them.
What do altcoins offer differently to Bitcoin.
Why would consumers bother with altcoins?
Are there lower fees?
Is it structured differently?

I am asking valid questions....

telostia

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:05:57 AM

Now that's a concept I never expected to realize. So bitcoin is like mastercard and altcoin/litecoin is visa for example. That would be pretty good because these coins are nation independent which means theres no conversion fees if you used the one coin type as your transaction. Maybe I should try to promote the coins in Australia so that my clients will get to know about it. Making a POS software system is within my reach and hearing about this I'm actually quite excited about. I can introduce the coins through the POS as a proof of concept  Cheesy. Thanks for the information MicroGuy. Good call there.
markjamrobin

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:08:59 AM

That is ridiculous. No matter how intelligent someone is, evangelizing biased views is not the best way to convey the truth.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:13:06 AM

Now that's a concept I never expected to realize. So bitcoin is like mastercard and altcoin/litecoin is visa for example. That would be pretty good because these coins are nation independent which means theres no conversion fees if you used the one coin type as your transaction. Maybe I should try to promote the coins in Australia so that my clients will get to know about it. Making a POS software system is within my reach and hearing about this I'm actually quite excited about. I can introduce the coins through the POS as a proof of concept  Cheesy. Thanks for the information MicroGuy. Good call there.

Glad to be of service! And I wish you the greatest of success!  Cheesy
Mentaso

Bitcoin News-Reviews

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:16:02 AM

And another sock puppet enters the forum

markjamrobin

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:18:48 AM

And another sock puppet enters the forum

Who are we talking about?

xlKamikazeels (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:20:14 AM

Let me know when you do and for what crypto. Smiley
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:29:40 AM

I would stick with bitcoin...

Litecoin unlikely to outperform btc long term

Serpo Eben

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:39:46 AM

Litecoin or any other cyrpto currency value is going to be determined by one major event.  When Bitcoin hits the 21 million mark.

The only way we will know if Bitcoin will retain its perceived value is when we reach the 21 million mark.  If there are no more Bitcoins to be minted then the value of a Bitcoin will remain static or increase.  By how much is impossible to predict.  The more the perceived value the higher it will go.

However, if the mystery developer of the Bitcoin network decides to open up a new level of Bitcoin minting then the market price will dive sharply, recover after a period of time, then stabilize but at a much lower value.  Again, impossible to predict but it will happen. 

This will have a massive ripple effect on other crypto currencies and will determine user acceptance and perception of those crypto currencies which will of course determine their respective values.  So to answer the OP's question it is entirely too early to tell what other crypto currencies will do in terms of performance until we reach this critical milestone of the 21 million mark.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: