Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:30:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Think Litecoin will see the same growth as Bitcoin?  (Read 3211 times)
nonny12

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:44:24 AM

If LTC breaks above $4.50, then it will likely stay above that level for quite a long time.
Mentaso

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Bitcoin News-Reviews

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:45:41 AM

And another sock puppet enters the forum

Who are we talking about?

telostia

telostia

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:15:37 AM

I looked away for a bit and now I am being called a sock puppet. I am aware of bitcointalk for about half a year now observing it but haven't actually communicated with the people here and today I happen to have free time so I went and register for it. Seeing as I am a newbie in status, I am aware that most people(like you for example, Mentaso) will criticize on the new guys like myself. But when I meant for the possibility of introducing bitcoins to clients such as Stilhshop tools for e.g(no specific shop/s will mention due to privacy concerns) as a proof of concept, I really mean it. Some of them already had an idea of bitcoins but it does seem alien to them to be using it as payment as it is not as widespread here in Australia as it is in other countries. Back to the topic. It is nice to see some are taking interest in this concept. Even a small speck of interest will mold into something amazing such as bitcoin itself.
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:20:28 AM

If LTC breaks above $4.50, then it will likely stay above that level for quite a long time.

If it breaks $4,50 its going to hit $10 very fast....

aninterestedparty

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:21:49 AM

I don't personally believe that Litecoin will grow to as big as Bitcoin, but it's way too early to speculate on this in my opinion. Bitcoin was first introduced in 2009, that's 4 years ago. Litecoin came out in 2011, two years later.
ritherz

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:11:44 AM

So I was checking out some other Alt-Coins, and was thinking that if anything was gonna be the next to take off.  I was thinking of buy a bunch of Litecoin and sitting on them since Bitcoin right now is nuts, I figured this would be a good alternative.  Any thoughts?

At one point I was in your position checking out altcoins and discovered Goldcoin. I believe it's the next coin getting ready to rocket!

Judging by your previous posts pushing gold coin, you are directly involved in it, which makes your predictions biased

Just shows that he believes it a bit more than someone who hasn't invested Smiley
alientida

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:26:58 AM

I don't personally believe that Litecoin will grow to as big as Bitcoin, but it's way too early to speculate on this in my opinion. Bitcoin was first introduced in 2009, that's 4 years ago. Litecoin came out in 2011, two years later.

I don't believe it will either. But it brings up an interesting point. With all of the other ALT currencies and LTC being called the Mastercard, what is Feathercoin? Novacoin? I believe that at some point there will be an established 2 or 3 coins. Bitcoin is the #1, will LTC be next? It will be very interesting to see where we are at this time next year. By they we should have a good idea of market cap, public usage/awareness and acceptability.

btc4ever

Activity: 321

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:38:59 AM

If a coin came out that supports true transaction privacy ( coinjoin, zerocoin, or similar ) BUILT-IN, I believe many people here would embrace it, because that is something bitcoin does not Bitcoin does not presently offer.  Especially useful if it could be merge mined, and thus benefits from bitcoin's massive hash power.

Until then, I see nothing really compelling about the various alts, including litecoin.

The one nice thing about the scrypt coins is that they can be mined without asics and some are still very low difficulty thus providing an avenue for little guys to solo mine and trade those coins for LTC, BTC, USD, etc.  I think that is useful / healthy.

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:16:14 PM

If it breaks $4,50 its going to hit $10 very fast....

This is a valid argument in btc-e trollbox  Wink

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:30:52 AM

at least wait for btc to crash before attempt on any alt,
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 01:39:11 AM

LTC no, nothing sets it aside from BTC or anything else.

It will be something new that takes the LTC crown, and perhaps even the BTC one too

aldrin

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:50:33 AM

LTC no, nothing sets it aside from BTC or anything else.

It will be something new that takes the LTC crown, and perhaps even the BTC one too

Something new .... starts with 'e', ends in 'munie' Smiley

Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 03:43:03 AM

haha well I certainly hope so, but anything could come out the shadows and take the throne/s.

xlKamikazeels (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:02:22 AM

I got more than I could have asked for on this one.  Thanks Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: