Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin x banks  (Read 1938 times)
@theman

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:36:04 AM

I think that bitcoin will replace the banks. And build a new economy. The main purport is the pump dump

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:14:12 AM

So how far from that  you guys think we are now?

As far as YouTube and cable televisions are concerned, both of them do the same thing i.e display content based on viewership.
With cryptocurrencies and banks it is a totally different concept altogether. While most cryptos work on a decentralised consensus, banks are always centralised with a lot less control over doings.

Yet, I can still relate to your words and say that while YouTube is accepted across the globe over cable televisions, the same can't be said for cryptos.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:33:30 PM

Youtube have not make television to go into extinct. Youtube and television are existing together. In My country buying data in order to have access to internet is very expensive so most people do not watch youtube. The bank and bitcoin will always exist together because most people have not embrace bitcoin yet.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:54:10 PM

Youtube have not make television to go into extinct. Youtube and television are existing together. In My country buying data in order to have access to internet is very expensive so most people do not watch youtube. The bank and bitcoin will always exist together because most people have not embrace bitcoin yet.

Bitcoin and banks respectively has its own unique feautures and they have financial benefits in their own ways although one is better than the other when it comes to financial gains and that is bitcoin. Though banks has proven its value over times , bitcoin is still shaking their industry and that is something they have to work for. However, this doesnt mean tha the two can't work together bcause in every business there is always a give and take situations.
hubble_kind

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:14:20 PM

I really believe that Bitcoin will make the same effect to banks that youtube did to television ( at least).
This statement was made in a documentary from a long time ago that I watched.

I understand what you mean, but if you talk about "bank" there isn't term extinction . Banks can order the world and adapt while television is just a medium, just as radio has become extinct.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:15:25 PM

Bitcoin and banks respectively has its own unique feautures and they have financial benefits in their own ways although one is better than the other when it comes to financial gains and that is bitcoin. Though banks has proven its value over times , bitcoin is still shaking their industry and that is something they have to work for. However, this doesnt mean tha the two can't work together bcause in every business there is always a give and take situations.

Well times are changing now. Youtube didn't make tv go instinct but the internet certainly made the use of tv a lot less than it was before. You can download television shows and watch it at your convenience whenever you want through the internet. That's likely how it will be for crypto and banks. Of course banks will not easily be devalued, but as the digital currency market grows, expect more people to jump ship

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:27:29 PM

I really believe that Bitcoin will make the same effect to banks that youtube did to television ( at least).

Thats really interesting thought I would say. However I do think that this is not the case yet as we still dont have that much bigger out reach as it should have been to replace the banks with BTC in terms youtube to the TV!

We lack one point here. Whenever we have to get to the BTC then we need to go though the banks as they are first line of transaction agents for us and we cant buy or sell against the fiat currency if we dont have the banks. You do understand that part of it isn't it? We need to surpass this barrier so that we can end up having the nest results.
Yeah, it is interesting but in the reality, it is not really true the way the OP mentioned. YouTube has been sure effective with dishing out a lot in terms of video posts which of course makes it easy for anyone to share anything easily without having to go through the TV, but YouTube has a target market and TV also do. In one word, YouTube did not end up making TV useless as they are both serving their own purposes in their own way and that is how the banks and bitcoin is going to be like.
AnisahSiti

Activity: 261
Merit: 15

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:42:11 PM

I am not sure of your question. what effect do you mean, I also do not really understand. but I see youtube today is not much different from the television, especially from the side of the ad, although we can just pass after 4 seconds, I started to feel less comfortable with youtube at this time.

different with bitcoin vs banking, these are clearly two very different things, maybe more exactly Bitcoin vs the country's currency. but indeed, the systems and technologies used by bitcoin are the main attraction for the banking world, the blockhain. Many banks are currently starting to study blockchain, in order to be in the application to the banking world. it seems we both need to learn about the history of bitcoin birth.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:00:05 PM

Yes, Bitcoin poses a great threat to the existence of the banks. The very foundation of Bitcoin is based on concept of decentralization or elimination of intermediaries which are banks. Further banks provide a very low rate of interest on the savings which are eaten up by the inflation. But Bitcoin provide high returns although with high risks. Bitcoin has started showing its effect on the banks which is evident from the unfriendly attitude of banks toward Bitcoin. Indian central bank RBI has decided to flush out cryptocurrency vendors out from the system.
Suprex125

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:50:27 PM

In accordance with your opinion, bitcoin will affect the bank. but so far we do not know any positive or negative effects. we can see whether we invest bitcoin through bank transactions. so I think there is something mutually beneficial between bitcoin and bank.
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:09:16 PM

I am sure that banks will adapt. Banks have many products which give them income I mean that it is not only fee for transactions and plastic cards.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:32:34 PM

YouTube never replaced television. Same applies for bitcoin to banks. They aren't meant to replace them,they are more like substitutes. Banks have a huge role,and they are organisations,and they are financial backbones of any economy. Meanwhile,bitcoin is a visual cryptocurency. There is a huge difference between the two. Know the difference.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Chicksteen

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:55:24 PM

Real money is totally a different form of Currency and bitcoin is also another form of Currency. Bank helps manage real money and as real money is also very important Banks will exist. Banks also provide many other services which Bitcoin or blockchain can not provide. Some of them are loans, mortgage, savings account, debit accounts and many other things even i don't properly know it. Therefore banks will exist for days to come.
sonic22

Activity: 144
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:03:26 PM

Sooner or later banks will offer crypto accounts to their customers, maybe allowing payments in crypto but always in accordance with their exchange rates to national currency.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:16:25 AM

I am believe when peoples adapting bitcoin and accepting bitcoin as payment and for transaction, people will leaving banks. Its because when we using bitcoin for transaction, we get lower fee on transaction and we dont have to pay monthly fee
Dimid

Activity: 702
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:23:40 AM

Johannson probably implied in view of the fact that bitcoin would make a good competition to the banks and eventually win them. Only comparison bitcoin and banks with YouTube and television is not quite successful. But I agree with the author, bitcoin will push banks, at least they will make healthy competition.
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 12:07:55 PM

If you compared the effect of bitcoin to the banks the same as youtube to television in a way that they both coexist and benefits each other then right now, bitcoin does not affect the banks that much because only few have idea about it.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:09:48 PM

I think that in future we will be able to use money and crypto at the same time so thanks to that banks and market will be at the same level and we won't see as much diffrent as youtube x tv.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:15:33 PM

People for some time know thinks that Bitcoin can compete to the business of banks are offering, well your wrong about it. Exactly what Bitcoin can offer that banks couldn't? The only notable thing is of course the ability to earn from your own money but other than that I cannot see Bitcoin as a threat to their main business which is lending their money. Banks aside from storing your money in pay of little interest are also loaning out your money for a bigger interest. Their business is guaranteed profit as if the loanee does not have the ability to pay their debt then the banks have the right to claim their property as collateral.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:40:48 PM

Can you give the link of that documentary? I'm interested to watch it but still good catch you've got there that's also the same thing what others see with the comparison.
I guess we are still on 90's of internet where before internet wasn't too popular and many are doubtful with it. So few more years left and we are going to see it gain popularity and reputation and it will go through millennium of internet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀