Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First post. Only been into BTC for a month, but I love it here.  (Read 527 times)
abarns (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:59:00 AM

Just wanted to share with you guys. I love this place, and Bitcoin too. Primarily posting because I have a business idea and want to work up the credentials to post on other boards. =) Hope to talk to many of you soon!

-- abarns
garga

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:12:11 AM

Still getting my head around it all to be honest. Realized mining is not something for me but keen to see what the fuss is about.
So I take it the only way to buy is with cash deposit. Hopefully will be able to pay with direct deposit or credit card one day. But then there's the danger of chargebacks or whatever you call it.. which is probably why it's cash deposit only.

Anyways.. ciao!
Feneusens

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:16:39 AM

Just wanted to share with you guys. I love this place, and Bitcoin too. Primarily posting because I have a business idea and want to work up the credentials to post on other boards. =) Hope to talk to many of you soon!

-- abarns

Nice, whats the buisness idea Smiley. Mind to share?

alientida

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:20:07 AM

Same here!
abarns (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:24:48 AM

-- abarns

Nice, whats the buisness idea Smiley. Mind to share?

Since someone has already posted something similar and I've contacted him about our mutual interests, I'll share it.

Hosting of miners. I'm looking to start a business where I accept mining hardware, and only take a fraction of what they pay in electricity. Electricity will make a decent amount of mining hardware go unprofitable in the next few months, so I'll look to make a mutual profit off of that hardware by eliminating a majority of the risk from the kW/h payments miners must make to electricity. I take some of of the profits, but they still get a majority of theirs and actually get more, as their costs will go down. =)

EDIT: I forgot one important part. I don't pay for electricity. =)
abarns (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:09:18 AM

Still getting my head around it all to be honest. Realized mining is not something for me but keen to see what the fuss is about.
So I take it the only way to buy is with cash deposit. Hopefully will be able to pay with direct deposit or credit card one day. But then there's the danger of chargebacks or whatever you call it.. which is probably why it's cash deposit only.

Anyways.. ciao!

Interesting how to convert to a currency that promises deregulation and decentralization, you need fiat. It's just funny to me. =)
selavy59

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

[/quote]

Since someone has already posted something similar and I've contacted him about our mutual interests, I'll share it.

Hosting of miners. I'm looking to start a business where I accept mining hardware, and only take a fraction of what they pay in electricity. Electricity will make a decent amount of mining hardware go unprofitable in the next few months, so I'll look to make a mutual profit off of that hardware by eliminating a majority of the risk from the kW/h payments miners must make to electricity. I take some of of the profits, but they still get a majority of theirs and actually get more, as their costs will go down. =)

[/quote]

So, are you doing something illegal then?
abarns (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:47:48 AM

[/quote]

So, are you doing something illegal then?
[/quote]

I'm not sure how that would be illegal.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:15:01 AM

-- abarns

Yeah, bitcoin is awesome, stay a while and enjoy the freedom from other currencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: