Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners: Time to deprioritise/filter address reuse! #2  (Read 660 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:32:19 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334316.0

That thread is about forcing users to use new addresses. Luke-Jr was smart enough to make the thread self-moderated. He removed my comment, so I repost it again:

...unless we force this good behaviour...

I was always thinking u r just a kid who can't predict consequences of his deeds. But now I see u matured. And became more dangerous for Bitcoin. It's very sad to see that sane persons like DeathAndTaxes does support u.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

I'd like to ask the community: Do u feel it's OK when miners abuse their power forcing ordinary users to do different things (even with good intentions)?

Yes, I know that they call this DEPRIORITIZATION...
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:22:55 AM

At least he posted a well made poll.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:58:44 AM

Bitcoin is gaining mainstream acceptance? Time to make it more difficult!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: