Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:20:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: this time it's different...  (Read 1982 times)
bitcon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:37:31 AM

we're all anticipating a big crash, but maybe the whales dont have as much impact as they did a year or two ago?
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:41:45 AM

Fiat keeps flowing into the bid side on these exchanges exponentially. I think the whales are waiting to see how far this goes and if it stops then they'll dump.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:44:40 AM

Fiat keeps flowing into the bid side on these exchanges exponentially. I think the whales are waiting to see how far this goes and if it stops then they'll dump.

What happened to your bearish wedge? Is that still going to break out to the downside?

You have to admit that it looks very bullish for at least 1 or 2 more moderate push ups now, doesn't it? Especially with the top of the wedge now expanding out into more consolidation and less of a tip.

I don't see how we don't at least get close to 450 on Bitstamp and 2900 on BtcChina.   This last minor pull back didn't effect China at all and now I feel there is a renewed sense that's its ok to go up some more. And I think psychologically, a lot of people want to go to 500.
TERA

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:47:07 AM

The bearish wedge is still there, I guess being dragged out all the way to the apex. Maybe it breaks somewhere after the senate hearings.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:55:03 AM

The bearish wedge is still there, I guess being dragged out all the way to the apex. Maybe it breaks somewhere after the senate hearings.

The only way that wedge can still exist on Monday is if it goes up some more between now and then. If it just flat lines for 48 more hours, it won't qualify as a wedge anymore, just consolidation at highs.
bitcon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:59:30 AM

i thought i was taking a big risk picking up ~60 coins at $350, but thats not looking so bad now. i only regret selling, never buying.
TERA

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:03:58 AM

The only way that wedge can still exist on Monday is if it goes up some more between now and then. If it just flat lines for 48 more hours, it won't qualify as a wedge anymore, just consolidation at highs.
That's now how bitcoin works. It doesn't just go up, consolidate on low volume, and go up more. There needs to be violent movements and recoveries on high volume with buys of thousands of btc at a time to give people confidence and refuel the rocket.
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:41:50 AM

That's now how bitcoin works. It doesn't just go up, consolidate on low volume, and go up more. There needs to be violent movements and recoveries on high volume with buys of thousands of btc at a time to give people confidence and refuel the rocket.

Are you suggesting rockets never reach orbit?
TERA

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:57:51 AM

Looks like it went up.
lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:21:05 PM

Maybe, maybe not. I bet it will dip a little but come straight back up.
bitcon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:32:52 PM

im hoping for a weekend dip. not in the pond.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:38:06 PM

Every time it's different people want to play on past results.  This will work sometimes and others not, but there is still a lot of up pressure so we may be far from the top.
whitemage

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:14:10 PM

we're all anticipating a big crash, but maybe the whales dont have as much impact as they did a year or two ago?

Not any more, people would be buying on crash...

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:54:52 PM

nice topic.
vps15

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Gain more btc! https://satoshicircle.com/?aid=1718

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:59:11 PM

what is this bearish wedge that you are talking about? i can't see it, could you post a graph or something. what time frame are you referring to?

Feeling poor? Gain back losses or INCREASE PROFITS with https://satoshicircle.com/?aid=1718
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:00:22 PM

How many whales still exist with >100000 BTC ? I bet there aren't many left.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:08:55 PM

I think the past week they have been trying desperately to dump and cause a crash but it has not been succeeding.  There is just too much buying power and China seems unfazed by the dumps.  Also, there are more exchanges then there were in April.  It is really a bullish sign I believe. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 05:09:33 PM

what is this bearish wedge that you are talking about? i can't see it, could you post a graph or something. what time frame are you referring to?

You are right, overall it's still going up.
http://data.bitcoinity.org/#ccacdfcfaa
Rupture

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:44:44 PM

A new floor has been set at 250 IMO
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile