Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My posts keep getting deleted  (Read 168 times)
fernandoaleixo (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:23:54 AM

I meant no harm, I posted on an off-topic topic which creator stated "I believe in 10 years I believe smartphones will disappear.", something like that. So I just answered the following:

Smartphones are literally portable computers where you can do almost everything, it's number is almost bigger than the entire earth population and apps are being built every day, I doubt smartphones will ever die, even more in 10 years.

Why was it deleted? I don't understand what rule I broke, and this honestly keeps happening, is it because of my tone? I meant no offense to anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charlzyeby

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:40:55 AM

This forum detests spamming, whether direct or indirect. You don't necessarily have to spam to get you post deleted; when the thread you replied to is taken down by a moderator, your post goes down too. Anyway, you may want to post constructively in more crypto related sub forums to prevent your posts from getting kicked down. You may also want to check if a similar thread has been started to answer your question before you start a new one yourself. Someone recently started a similar thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3352791.0
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:35:00 AM

This forum detests spamming, whether direct or indirect. You don't necessarily have to spam to get you post deleted; when the thread you replied to is taken down by a moderator, your post goes down too. Anyway, you may want to post constructively in more crypto related sub forums to prevent your posts from getting kicked down. You may also want to check if a similar thread has been started to answer your question before you start a new one yourself. Someone recently started a similar thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3352791.0

This ^.

I, myself, have lost over 5 posts to deleted threads. It's not YOUR fault at all. You won't be punished for it.

It's just that the initial thread was spammy, and it was deleted. So all posts within that thread get deleted.

HOWEVER, if you receive a message saying your message was deleted because it wasn't on-topic with a thread, or was spammy in nature... THEN it's YOUR fault. You should be very worried if you receive such an email because if you receive it more than a few times, the mods will consider banning your account temporarily... or permanently.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:31:47 AM
Merited by TMAN (2)

I meant no harm, I posted on an off-topic topic which creator stated "I believe in 10 years I believe smartphones will disappear.", something like that. So I just answered the following:

Smartphones are literally portable computers where you can do almost everything, it's number is almost bigger than the entire earth population and apps are being built every day, I doubt smartphones will ever die, even more in 10 years.

Why was it deleted? I don't understand what rule I broke, and this honestly keeps happening, is it because of my tone? I meant no offense to anyone.

Hi fernandoaleixo, I am the new mod for the P&S section.  Please be assured you did not offend anyone.  Offensive comments (unless considered trolling or illegal) are not moderated by the forum and will not be the reason for a post getting deleted.  Everyone's opinion no matter how offensive is allowed to be shared!

I believe your post in question was spam.  Did you just read the thread title or OP and then reply?  Did you read the thread or at least enough of it to get a good feel for the discussion already before posting?  Did you repeat what others have said many times in the previous 13 pages of the thread?  Did you add anything new or of value to the discussion.  Would you ever come back to check on your post for further discussion?  Did you notice the thread in question was locked so it didn't become an even bigger spam fest than it already was?

The forum isn't a test where you pick questions and parrot answers.  If you contribute to the discussion then you can say almost anything you want.
fernandoaleixo (OP)

Activity: 126

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:45:50 AM

Hi fernandoaleixo, I am the new mod for the P&S section.  Please be assured you did not offend anyone.  Offensive comments (unless considered trolling or illegal) are not moderated by the forum and will not be the reason for a post getting deleted.  Everyone's opinion no matter how offensive is allowed to be shared!

I believe your post in question was spam.  Did you just read the thread title or OP and then reply?  Did you read the thread or at least enough of it to get a good feel for the discussion already before posting?  Did you repeat what others have said many times in the previous 13 pages of the thread?  Did you add anything new or of value to the discussion.  Would you ever come back to check on your post for further discussion?  Did you notice the thread in question was locked so it didn't become an even bigger spam fest than it already was?

The forum isn't a test where you pick questions and parrot answers.  If you contribute to the discussion then you can say almost anything you want.

Hello, thanks for the reply. To be fairly honest I didn't give it much thought, I read the original post and saw a dozen of similar answers, my instinct just told me to post the obvious thing that I assumed nobody wanted to say, I was kinda upset and this is where I thought I could have been offensive. Anyway, I probably repeated someone else replies on the 13 pages before me, but at the same time, nobody was really discussing as far as I noticed, just a bunch of mindless info dump.
But thanks for letting me know, I've had 4 or 3 posts deleted before as well and I was starting to wonder the cause, once again, thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: