Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 02:52:32 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT Alternative to the EVIL DeepBit  (Read 3789 times)
Graet
VIP
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 980



View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 05:15:30 PM
 #41

EVIL DeepBit < i have yet to see evidence that depbit is actually "evil"
I agree their fees are high but does that make for an evil entity?

There seems to be a lot of fud about the > 50%
51% doesnt give total control, there is still 49% of the network hashing.
I had a very interesting conversation with [Tycho] and some other pool owners one evening, even at 90% hashing power a single pool has a chance that the other 10% of the network will find a block and spoil their "evil" plans.

I say all of this becuse i get tired of the "EVIL" tag that is bandied around the bitcoin forums so much, usually by people that misunderstand how stuff works.

Having said all that, diversity is good for bitcoin, pools, exchanges etc so come join http://ozco.in and help spread the network hashrate Cheesy


| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
1480949552
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480949552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480949552
Reply with quote  #2

1480949552
Report to moderator
1480949552
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480949552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480949552
Reply with quote  #2

1480949552
Report to moderator
1480949552
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480949552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480949552
Reply with quote  #2

1480949552
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1480949552
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480949552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480949552
Reply with quote  #2

1480949552
Report to moderator
1480949552
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480949552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480949552
Reply with quote  #2

1480949552
Report to moderator
1480949552
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1480949552

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1480949552
Reply with quote  #2

1480949552
Report to moderator
hawks5999
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 168



View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 06:24:03 PM
 #42

Having said all that, diversity is good for bitcoin, pools, exchanges etc so come join http://ozco.in and help spread the network hashrate Cheesy

If diversity is good and spreading the network hashrate is a way toward diversity, then the best thing for bitcoin is pool hopping.
I'm just happy to do my part to help the overall bitcoin network Wink

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Nagios
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 71


thevapebook.com


View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 07:54:09 PM
 #43

If you don't like Deepbit (or any other pool for that matter), don't use them. Plain and simple.

Find something I said tip worthy? 1Nf47w5mk7a425xLTrV8U4eswqveoxwTv1
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!