Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miner virus detect  (Read 212 times)
princ.imran (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

Web designer & developer https://nurictworld.com/

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 04:31:41 AM

There are many mining software almost many software are detected virus but why? Any solution for this problem?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:19:34 AM

Almost all antivirus software threat all miners as  - dangerous software, cause it could be used as  viral miner.
so antiviruses do not sort miners for good or bad..  so you can't do anything about it.. just accept it
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:24:04 AM

2 months ago I found on my computer usually for mining software using browser then I uninstall a browser or you can check in service if you see any unusual program you have to kill it if downloading any mining software must be downloaded on the official web or viewed in this forum.
princ.imran (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

Web designer & developer https://nurictworld.com/

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 06:36:05 AM

Almost all antivirus software threat all miners as  - dangerous software, cause it could be used as  viral miner.
so antiviruses do not sort miners for good or bad..  so you can't do anything about it.. just accept it

Stop my antivirus and try to open this miner software its open. After a few time start my antivirus then again detect that virus. Its not a simple virus >>Malware virus<< Detect. So what can i do?
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:31:40 AM

Stop my antivirus and try to open this miner software its open. After a few time start my antivirus then again detect that virus. Its not a simple virus >>Malware virus<< Detect. So what can i do?

Like what others have already said, it is a false alarm. All miners are seen as "malware" because they use your CPU resources. But you have nothing to worry about as long as you download well-known miners from the official source.

Most well-known is Claymore's miner or EWBF/DSTM miners which can be downloaded from these forums directly.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:43:42 AM

As long as you download the file from github website, i think it's safe from virus / malware. Usually it happens because antivirus detects batch file open port command can make system security open / weak, so that's detected as virus / malware. The solution is i usually allow the antivirus not detect it, you can setting from antivirus exceptions file / folder section.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:55:38 AM

Like what others have already said, it is a false alarm. All miners are seen as "malware" because they use your CPU resources. But you have nothing to worry about as long as you download well-known miners from the official source.
Most well-known is Claymore's miner or EWBF/DSTM miners which can be downloaded from these forums directly.

yeah, that's a false alarm, do not worry if you download on the official web because when I first mine I have same a problem (if a case of Claymore) and I have a suggestion for miner better mining rig don't use for anything except only mining software such Claymore, atikmdag, GPU-Z.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:22:42 AM

What the problem add your mining software to exclude list in antivirus.

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:08:27 AM

I'm starting to think though that AV's don't trust crypto's as a default  Cheesy

Can't blame them, as these miners are also susceptible to attacks if not properly configured

so if you trust your miner, add them in AV exceptions
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:52:33 AM

Be careful where you are downloading your mining software from.

It is almost certain that your AV will complain, so you have to ensure and you have to do everything in your power to download your miners from a reputable website. Even then, there is no guarantee, as even Github gets hacked from time to time.

If you can, download the source, inspect the source, and compile the miner on your own machine. It might sound complicated but it's doable.

Then, after you have made these precautions, you can disable the AV software specifically for the miner.

Otherwise you never know if you have downloaded a virus, even if most of the time the AV alert is a false positive.
momo26

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:01:09 AM

the miner are detected as viruses because moste of the botnet and worms are using mining programs to mine using theire bots or victims pc thats why all the antivirus think that its a virus.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:43:10 PM

the miner are detected as viruses because moste of the botnet and worms are using mining programs to mine using theire bots or victims pc thats why all the antivirus think that its a virus.

/\                                             /\
|  This is the explanation right here |
|                                               |

Windows defender is intended for noobs so it pretty much tags all miners as a virus and quarantines them.  So if you are running windows defender you need to create exclusions.

The AV I use most is Sophos and it doesn't usually do that.  It flags them all as PUPs (potentially unwanted program) so you can decide what to do with it.  That classification is more honest, it recognizes the fact that maybe it's there because you wanted it there or maybe it's there because of malware but the AV doesn't know for sure.  I still have to make an exclusion to stop it from popping up with warnings but it doesn't usually quarantine them straight away like windows defender does (although truthfully it is a bit inconsistent and occasionally some of them do go straight to quarantine).

Newer AV's are moving towards behavioral scanning techniques so they can spot programs that aren't in the virus definitions so if they see something peg the CPU at 100% for an extended period that could certainly look suspicious.
demitazh

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

There are many mining software almost many software are detected virus but why? Any solution for this problem?
Use opensource software, if the software is not opensource I think they instill malware or trojan, be careful using software that is not opensource, if you using software not opensource, you can check the software on virustotal.com

GLOBAL REIT:    The 1st ever Blockchain based
Real Estate Investment Trust  〔 http://globalreit.io/ 〕
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: