Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of Bitcoin  (Read 581 times)
Ovejanegra (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:11:45 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm making this post in order to be accepted as a member and being able to join real discussions in other threads..
I have calculated that the maximum theoretical value of one bitcoin is 357 000 000 dollars. That is if all transactions in the
whole world were done with bitcoin..

World GDP = 7000 trilion dollars
Nr of bitcoins = 21 milj

7 000 000 000 000 000 / 21 000 000 = 333 000 000 dollars..

Im not saying this will happen and I know there are factors making this impossible. Thats why its a theoretical value.
What do u think ?
OTK47

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:24:19 PM

Hah be great if that happened, but that's kind of an arbitrary number as that would never happen.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:01:23 PM

I doubt Bitcoin overplace Dollar and all transactions in the whole will be done with bitcoin.

But I guess you set highest prediction of USD/BTC   Smiley

Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:05:00 PM

I am very glad you posted this, this shows the true value of bitcoin. I believe potentially it could get at least half of that one day.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:13:49 PM

I doubt Bitcoin overplace Dollar and all transactions in the whole will be done with bitcoin.

But I guess you set highest prediction of USD/BTC   Smiley

if BTC does take off, i'm guessing other cryptocurrencies will start emerging as playing more of a roll.  i don;t think we'll ever just have one currency dominating the entire world market.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:17:25 PM

What do u think ?

I think Bitcoin has served as a ground breaking technology to open the doors for other coins.  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

There is a theory that Satoshi was a time traveling genius from the year 2075 who came to save the planet from the bankers. He arrived and put into motion the whole Bitcoin/digital currency phenomenon then vanished into thin air. I think the next major phase will be the emergence of the altcoins.
Ovejanegra (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:19:05 PM

There will always be other currencies, but it shows that there is a vast possible upside from 400 dollars : - )
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:24:08 PM

I am very glad you posted this, this shows the true value of bitcoin. I believe potentially it could get at least half of that one day.

Smiley

One thousand of 357.000.000 dollars / BTC seems impossible to happen.

What use is a signature?
Ovejanegra (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:51:37 PM

Personally I think digital currency is here to stay. But as with all currencies, the one with the best setup will preveil in the long run. Bitcoin has opened the door but surely others will pick up unless they let the software evolve over time. Otherwise faster, more userfriendly currencies will take over. Its obvious tho that more and more money is pouring into the digital world , its a monumental revolution happening right now and we are only in the beginning. Those who play their cards right now will be the winners when we come out on the other side many years from now. I dont think traditional banking will sit idle and watch their fortune diminish. Possibly will they come up with their own digital money to counter this.

What bitcoin needs right now is better infrastructure. ATM:s , user friendly exchanges, on-line banks with high level security accepting bitcoins and so forth. When this happens the price will rise another 100 times.
Ovejanegra (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:59:05 PM

Money is the ultimate power! Like I said, play ur cards right at this crusial time and u will be extremly wealthy
when we come out on the other side.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:31:05 AM

well currently majority of the money is influenced by the large coporations, the big wigs that are worth Billions of dollars.  Do you think they will be pushing back on the adoption of this currency since they no longer would have large control over the currency?  I can see them being big resistors, and since they control everything...put a damper of things.

CustomDesigned

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:11:23 AM

I had no trouble setting up mining (bought some ASICS), but I still haven't managed to buy any bitcoins with USD.  There is always some obstacle, or 3rd party non-bitcoin online payment system with high fees to join.   I will try localbitcoins.com next.  I want to buy small quantities ($40) while learning and until I'm confident of wallet security.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: